Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling Thread: the New Generation

Started by Z, July 26, 2018, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Heel Kofi is best Kofi.
New Day is getting stale.

Wouldn't mind if he gets transfered to RAW, solo.

Ja'moke

Has Kofi ever been heel? Apart from those few months were New Day were heel?

ToneLa

Maybe like four years ago? Think it got quickly dropped

Ja'moke

New Day have been together since 2014, so if he had a heel solo run it must have been before that, but I can't remember it. I remember Woods telling the story of pitching the New Day heel turn to Vince and how he had to fight for it because Vince didn't think people would boo Kofi.

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 12:45:56 PM
Yeah, against Orton. And that was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWofU-HPM7k

Orton was a heel then.

Timothy

Shit you are right. In my mind the more aggressive Kofi turned heel then, but it was just face agressive Kofi.

Also bit shocked that this happened 9 years (!!!!) ago.

ToneLa

Timothy

In my memory he turned heel against Orton. In my memory it also happened a few years ago.
Same as Miz as Champion.... that's also almost eleven years ago.
The New Day debuted 4 years ago. Times flies.

I still have two tickets for RAW London that I'm not gonna use. Is Stubhub a good place to sell them?

Z

Wasn't the Orton thing that he was being pushed as a face, made some small mistake and Orton had a huge tantrum over it on live television

Naturally that ended his push

This was like 9 years ago though

I'd like to see The New Day freebird the WWE title.

Timothy

Yeah I just watched it on YT. Orton started swearing when Kofi botched and kicked him in the head.

Ja'moke

Hope Kofi eliminates Orton in the Chamber, long-time coming justice!

spanky

Kofi deserves everything he gets after that time he absolutely ruined Randy Orton's prized Nascar that he was only given about 20 minutes before. Cherished memories

Timothy

WWE just announced that Ronda Rousey and Sonya Deville join Total Divas. So seems Rousey wont be leaving after Mania.

petril

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 13, 2019, 12:29:43 PM
Why you always trying to turn people heel? Haha. WWE struggle enough for faces as it is, and New Day are one of their consistently over acts.
second rule of fantasy booking: they turn heel.
(first rule of course is Chris Jericho being a tweener and the coolest, most badass guy ever)

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 03:02:34 PM
WWE just announced that Ronda Rousey and Sonya Deville join Total Divas. So seems Rousey wont be leaving after Mania.

Oh that's interesting. Nice that they got Sonya on board, some gay representation. Although, is she still dating Seth's nazi ex?

Rousey could still be taking time away though. This has probably been filmed already or is being filmed. Also, the Bellas are on the show and they haven't wrestled a proper schedule for WWE in a long time.

ToneLa

Ja'moke

Sasha has been cleared to wrestle for this Sunday, thank god! Would have been gutted for her if she had to drop out, especially as her and Bayley are surely favourites to win the titles? Although I guess they could have a heel team win and then have Bayley & Sasha win them at Mania for the feel-good moment, but I'd say just put the titles on them now and let them have a lengthy run to establish the belts.

Timothy

Becky Lynch on Twitter....

QuoteSo Ronnie is afraid that old Char is dragging her out of the WM main event, huh? Rightfully so. We all know who was making this happen, and now I'm sitting at home watching it collapse. Might have to do something about that.

Somebody replies.

QuoteThe first time Becky and Ronda agree on something

Becky replies.

QuoteNah, we both agree Ronnie's a dope, too.

Maybe a stupid question, but kayfabe wise: Why does she keep insulting Rousey? It doesn't make sense.

Ja'moke

madhair60

because its so epic #lol new stone cold #womensevolution

Timothy

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 13, 2019, 03:47:43 PM
Because they're in a feud.

So the apparent face in this story keeps insulting her opponent on Twitter just because they are in a feud?
Makes no sense.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 03:50:42 PM
So the apparent face in this story keeps insulting her opponent on Twitter just because they are in a feud?
Makes no sense.

Yeah.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 13, 2019, 03:47:43 PM
Because they're in a feud.

But compare it to Rousey's latest post, Becky just seems a bit childish right now https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyTGVPHQuy/

hummingofevil

Timothy. Are you aware of Conor McGregor?

Now image a girl one but who can't call people fucking cunts every other word because, you know, tele. That's the gimmick.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on February 13, 2019, 03:52:24 PM
But compare it to Rousey's latest post, Becky just seems a bit childish right now https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyTGVPHQuy/

Childish or not. The tweets are happening because they're in a feud.

Timothy

That's just plain stupid. Shouldn't she be focusing her insults on the McMahon's or HHH? Because from a kayfabe standpoint she won't be at Mania.

QuoteBut compare it to Rousey's latest post, Becky just seems a bit childish right now https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyTGVPHQuy/

Exactly.

QuoteTimothy. Are you aware of Conor McGregor?

Yup. Wouldn't be a good WWE face.

ToneLa

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 03:54:03 PM
That's just plain stupid. Shouldn't she be focusing her insults on the McMahon's or HHH? Because from a kayfabe standpoint she won't be at Mania.

We get it, you don't like Becky...