Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox loses court case [split topic]

Started by Blue Jam, January 29, 2024, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayraven

On top of everything else he's got the meaning of 'extolling' wrong.

Sonny_Jim

Wah wah poor me I'm being forced to support my kids financially.  Also it's extremely pot-kettle considering how ketted up he looks in some of the videos he posts, the attempted flag burning springs to mind.

I've gone right off Nik Naks now

Sonny_Jim

Love how he's framed it as Billie charging money to see his kids when the reality is almost certainly completely different.  We are inching closer and closer to him chucking on a Spider-man and joining dada* for justice, can't fucking wait.

Kids don't need both parents, they need a stable and supporting environment to grow up in, which from the sounds of it he's unable to provide.  The fact that he's more that happy enough to slander the mother of his kids to anyone who will listen shows me that he really doesn't understand that.

Also I'm pretty sure he's never had any kind of therapy, as stigmatising junkies doesn't help them at all, in fact it's more likely to keep them where they are.

*Leaving that typo in

BritishHobo

It must be amazing watching him get humbled in Family court every time. I would pay to be in the room when the judge dresses him down for tweeting that the mother of his kids is a junkie. A little boy dragged to the headmaster's office.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dayraven on March 28, 2024, 04:55:07 PMOn top of everything else he's got the meaning of 'extolling' wrong.

Extolling: the alimony due to Billie.

Kankurette

sevendaughters

let's assume there is some reality to this public wounding that he is reframing (ie. that he is being torched for child support by someone better off than he, who is able to manipulate the media better than he) - and that he tried to clean that wound with music that was roundly mocked - and then was basically used by monied interests who could offer a solution to his problems provided he gave a mouthpiece for their concerns, and found himself unable to turn around or back out because there's no money back through the door, idk, I don't feel sorry for him as such but it is a sad little tale with a more human element to it.

Sonny_Jim

It's not my fault I don't have a career, it's certainly not because of the way I act on twitter.

It's not my fault I can't see the kids.

It's not my fault.

druss

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on March 29, 2024, 11:06:26 AMIt's not my fault I don't have a career, it's certainly not because of the way I act on twitter.

It's not my fault I can't see the kids.

It's not my fault.

Sorry to hear about that, hope you sort something out.

McFlymo

Quote from: Kankurette on March 29, 2024, 08:58:59 AMDrug addicts already ARE despised.

Make already vulnerable and marginalised groups more vulnerable and marginalised! It's the whole schtick of these conservative right wing khantz.

Catalogue Trousers

king_tubby

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68899248

QuoteLaurence Fox told to pay £180,000 in libel damages

Once again lol. And furthermore lmao.

Dr M1nx PhD

Nice positioning work there Google, I laughed.

Buelligan

Good-oh!  But where are The Horses?  This is surely their moment.

jobotic

Is that a lot? Chump change to his backers I'd have thought.

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on April 25, 2024, 02:51:22 PMIs that a lot? Chump change to his backers I'd have thought.

I do wonder why they're bothering.  Who is being persuaded by all this that wasn't already a frothing loon?

Hank_Kingsley

How many people has Graham Linehan called a 'groomer' now? Must be enough for quite the class action...not that he has anything worth taking!

dissolute ocelot

What happened to his singing career? Just release an album, Lozza! Is he being paid by any right-wing news organisations for his time, or is it solely Jeremy Hosking paying for his fish fingers and libel losses?

sevendaughters

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 25, 2024, 03:17:39 PMWhat happened to his singing career? Just release an album, Lozza! Is he being paid by any right-wing news organisations for his time, or is it solely Jeremy Hosking paying for his fish fingers and libel losses?

the atomic depth charger of his poor singing is what sparked this off! Noel Coward's advice was not simply an aesthetic one!

Kankurette

I'm sure Daddy Hosking will bail him out, poor baby.

Dr M1nx PhD

I missed this in the judgement in January:

QuoteThe judge did not make a ruling on whether describing Fox as "a racist" is "substantially true", after finding that the three tweets cited in his counterclaim were unlikely to cause serious harm to his reputation.

Nice judicial burn there.

Sebastian Cobb

I look forward to some deranged posting this evening after he's got a couple of bags in.

JaDanketies

This judgement looming over his head is probably why St George's Day was so dramatic for him.

daf

frajer

£180k to show the world you're a witless plum-gobbed playground bully?

Well worth it. Do it again in a heartbeat. Don't let the bastards grind you down, Laurence! Mayor of our Hearts!

Alberon

Quote from: JaDanketies on April 25, 2024, 03:41:16 PMThis judgement looming over his head is probably why St George's Day was so dramatic for him.

At least he enjoyed it.

Image is from the Press Association so those glasses aren't actually badly photoshoped on.

Quote from: Alberon on April 25, 2024, 04:03:45 PMAt least he enjoyed it.

Image is from the Press Association so those glasses aren't actually badly photoshoped on.

Unless Kate did it.