Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:00:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Travails of Labour - The Cat Came Back Prrrrrrr

Started by Buelligan, March 01, 2024, 10:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

No.  And don't come round again asking for your ball.

iamcoop

Growing up as a working class kid I was a huge fan of dog fighting. Of course mum was a disabled nurse and dad was the bass player for the rock band Tool so we couldn't afford tickets. But I have great memories of the smell of horse manure and burgers as we made our way down to the patch of waste ground behind the pub. Of course I still dog fight now, I take the Bully down every Saturday and watch it lay waste to four or five terriers - it's a great leveller and really brings communities together

Kankurette

Quote from: Shaxberd on March 01, 2024, 11:17:55 AMBaffled by how Galloway keeps winning elections, tbh. What does he have that left-wing candidates who aren't shameless self-promoters don't? How does he shrug off his hot takes on Israel and history of hanging out with dodgy Middle Eastern despots when Corbyn was crucified for far less? ...should Jezza have dressed up as a cat?

(Edit: I missed some pretty good discussion on this in the previous thread, bafflement reduced.)
And he's jumped on the anti-trans bandwagon like everyone else. How is knowing what a woman is relevant to most people in Rochdale? Why did he need to slip that bit in?
Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 01, 2024, 11:10:54 AM

lol
That fucking header. More red flags than Anfield.

iamcoop

He's a lazy cunt, he'll do absolutely fuck all.

His views are nonsense but I think it's a waste of energy to worry about them.

He'll rarely show up to parliament and when he does he'll do nothing just like all the other times.

His job was to humiliate Labour and it's job done on that front.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 01, 2024, 02:24:03 PMJust noticed on Galloway's letter he says small business people are the hardest working people in this country. That sounds like something the Tories would say. Also, do small business people work harder than nurses or teachers?

He believes in the family
He doesn't like what they are teaching our kids at school
He wants to bring big names back to the town centre like PRIMARK

Russ L

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 01, 2024, 02:24:03 PMJust noticed on Galloway's letter he says small business people are the hardest working people in this country. That sounds like something the Tories would say. Also, do small business people work harder than nurses or teachers?

Small business people definitely work harder than large business people.  They need to take twice as many steps to travel the same distance.

EOLAN

Quote from: FeederFan500 on March 01, 2024, 02:39:07 PMApparently Starmer does actually like football which makes his bizarre way of talking about it all the stranger. You would think he was a typical Tory politician pretending to like what the common people like.

His appearance on Football Cliches was laughable.

His three loves of football where you meant to go into specifics was  playing football, watching football and goals.
His dislikes legitimately seemed to be just having to hang around with other normal people at football games.

BlodwynPig

Hospitals and schools are businesses now

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FeederFan500 on March 01, 2024, 02:39:07 PMApparently Starmer does actually like football

It's what makes him unique.

Pie and a pint, Sir Keith? Paul Ross is just parking up the Nissan Leaf.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: iamcoop on March 01, 2024, 03:21:41 PMHe's a lazy cunt, he'll do absolutely fuck all.

His views are nonsense but I think it's a waste of energy to worry about them.

He'll rarely show up to parliament and when he does he'll do nothing just like all the other times.

His job was to humiliate Labour and it's job done on that front.

A disrupter of dignity and class.

Buelligan

A messenger from the people. 

If some cunt like Farage had been elected, that would've been a message too and that message would be far more frightening for us little people, far more comfortable for those who live to control the conversation.

Fambo Number Mive

"Framework on policing protests" to be introduced.

Blumf

Labour supporters online trotting out the "low turnout in by-elections" line, as if their recent string of by-election victories have seen record-breaking high turnout.

idunnosomename

Starmer simply must go! Under him Anti-Semitism has festered! He flunked a by-election due to it! He must go! Simply must! Get him out! In the bin! Away with him! So long! Buh-bye! Stick a fork in him: he's done! This is it! Simply!

Kankurette

Quote from: EOLAN on March 01, 2024, 05:47:26 PMHis appearance on Football Cliches was laughable.

His three loves of football where you meant to go into specifics was  playing football, watching football and goals.
His dislikes legitimately seemed to be just having to hang around with other normal people at football games.
Let me guess, he's a Man United fan and his favourite player is Giggs or RONALADO.

jobotic

king_tubby

QuoteThere's a response to Rishi Sunak's statement from the Labour leader now, who says the PM "is right to advocate unity and to condemn the unacceptable and intimidatory behaviour that we have seen recently".

It's an "important task of leadership to defend our values and the common bonds that hold us together," Starmer continues, adding:

Labour, or Lindsay Hoyle, never actually say who is doing such behaviour. They clearly mean the Muslims too like the right-wingers they criticise but are too cowardly to say it explicitly.

shoulders

Quote from: DelurkedToHelp on March 01, 2024, 07:07:00 PMLabour, or Lindsay Hoyle, never actually say who is doing such behaviour. They clearly mean the Muslims too like the right-wingers they criticise but are too cowardly to say it explicitly.

Amazing, but shows what you can get away with when you pick the problem faith

Buelligan

Both sides of the MonoParty have spent years stirring this pot of shite.  Now it's biting them in the arse and it's alarming.  Good.  Time things changed for the better.  Stop voting for these terrible cunts.

iamcoop

God I despise this fucking jeaned cunt.

Genuine revulsion.

Both parties now unified on the same position Braverman held (and still does), which was condemned as far-right and fascist just 3 and 1/2 months ago.

Things can only get better, indeed.

Buelligan

Yes but WON'T ANYBODY THINK OF BAE SYSTEMS!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Without perpetual war, there is no life.

madhair60

Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one

Quote from: iamcoop on March 01, 2024, 07:54:51 PMGod I despise this fucking jeaned cunt.

monkfromhavana

I have to say that the George Galloway interview on Sky was pretty funny

"Do I respect Rishi Sunak? I DESPISE Rishi Sunak"

king_tubby

Buelligan

DO YOU NEED HIM TO DRAW YOU A MAP?

In other news... Labour continue to back the tories.