Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities who are anti-mask/antivaxx

Started by Kankurette, September 14, 2021, 11:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant Farm Keyboard

Letitia Wright, who plays Shani in Black Panther, was hurt in August, during production of the sequel in which she's supposed to play a more prominent part. It will take months before she's able to go back on set. Her scenes will now be shot after some hiatus.
But before that, last year she shared on social media a video that questioned the safety of the vaccines (in addition to climate change, the virus being deliberately spread by China, etc.). She explained at the time that she didn't endorse this video but had shared it because it raised important questions. Then, she quit social media (or, most likely, she was asked to quit social media, because of the whole clusterfuck and the lame denial/apology, and her team of representatives actually parted ways with her).
Then, there were reports in The Hollywood Reporter in October that she had kept promoting antivaxx positions on the set of Black Panther 2. At this point, she was already recovering from what was then described as a minor injury. But it now looks like she won't be fit before 2022.

The sequel isn't an easy production. They first had to discard the original script, because nobody had any idea Chadwick Boseman was sick and dying. They now have to rely more on other actors from the first film, one of them turning out to be a born again Christian who spouts a lot of conspiracy non-sense and can be a longterm liability (in addition to being one at the moment regarding virus-carrying), especially if they go the way of the comics and make her inherit the title of Black Panther

MrsWarboysLover

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on September 15, 2021, 07:32:05 PM
(Mullen jokes that he flew to China to get the Sinovac), but you can guess. It'd be career suicide to come out and say they didn't, but I do wonder if we'll start finding out about a few more.

I don't think Nick Mullen of all people would be worried about doing something that's career suicide

buttgammon

Stupid cunt Van Morrison is being sued by the Northern Irish health minister for calling him 'dangerous' and 'a fraud' in some of his tinfoil hat tirades.

Mr Banlon

Kristy Swanson (the original Buffy from the film). Got Covid and ended up in hospital : https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1456002840393043969.
Got better, and now being cunty again.

Catalogue Trousers

Shame. I liked her Buffy. A damn sight more than Sarah Michelle Gellar's.

JamesTC

Nah. SMG is the best. I think she may have been my first big crush when I was a kid.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 07, 2021, 03:26:35 PM
Kristy Swanson (the original Buffy from the film). Got Covid and ended up in hospital : https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1456002840393043969.
Got better, and now being cunty again.

That's an almost superhuman level of horrible cuntiness, you have to respect that.

There's something about people who refuse to learn their lesson or change their mind or gain a better perspective in the face of life changing events that I find amazing.

RickOtter

Richard Ashcroft pulled out of two festivals that had Covid safety measures in place and waffled on some nonce-sense about Government Testing Experiments and festivals not mixing. Then pulled out of a third festival as he actually had Covid. Knob.

Steven88

Quote from: RickOtter on November 09, 2021, 09:58:18 AM
Richard Ashcroft pulled out of two festivals that had Covid safety measures in place and waffled on some nonce-sense about Government Testing Experiments and festivals not mixing. Then pulled out of a third festival as he actually had Covid. Knob.
Let's hope the drugs don't work on him.

Mr Banlon

What percentage of anti-vaxx celebs are has-beens doing it for the 'look at me again please' ?

mothman

Trying to quantify it as a fraction of the whole implies there might be one or two of them who aren't...

Chedney Honks

It's actually mad that you can tell so many people's position instinctively.

Mr Banlon

You would think he'd want to be extra cautious about Covid with that fucking conk. Fucking naan bread-faced bag of ankles.

Kankurette

Ashcroft being a COVID denier is not remotely surprising. Incidentally, speaking of ageing indie musicians, despite what Stewart Lee says, I don't think Tommy Scott is, and that his comment about germs was him taking the piss. Tommy is a goofball but he's got his head screwed on. He's sharper than his public persona suggests.
Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 10, 2021, 09:41:42 PM
You would think he'd want to be extra cautious about Covid with that fucking conk. Fucking naan bread-faced bag of ankles.
Didn't stop Matt Le Tissier and his mahoosive schnoz. Why yes, I am stroking my hateboner.

The Culture Bunker

He's not done much of any musical value in 30 odd years now, but I was amused that John Squire - when Ian Brown went off the Covid deepend - tweeted something like "wear a mask, stay safe". The added bonus being that it may well have saved us anymore terrible new Stone Roses material.

Kankurette

Squire is to Brown what Marr is to Morrissey, it seems.