Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gallagher/Squire

Started by SteveDave, December 21, 2023, 01:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

mine too, and she's dead!!

imitationleather

And mine, but even death is no obstacle to realising this album is the fucking business.

iamcoop

"Come on come on, nan's dead, you know LG X"

The Culture Bunker

After listening to it three times through over the last three hours, I have destroyed all my other albums. All other music is now totally irrelevant.

My prior mocking of the efforts of Gallagher and Squire have left plenty of egg on my face, but I don't care as I once again enjoy this keystone moment in humanity's cultural legacy.

dontpaintyourteeth

You want to get a better job? Get the Gallagher/Squire album.

You want to learn how to dance? Get the Gallagher/Squire album.

You want to be a better lover? You guessed it, get the Gallagher/Squire album.

iamcoop

Give us Gallagher/Squire 2 you fucking COWARDS

dontpaintyourteeth

give us a second album, you shits!

Ray Travez

Quote from: Cleveland Steamer on March 28, 2024, 02:36:39 PMIs that Justine Frischmann between Bret Anderson and bog standard Britpop cunt #3?

I think it's Tracey Emin, but maybe it's Justine given that the rest of them are musicians

LordMorgan

No chance
Vanishing point and Exterminator are fucking brilliant records

Screamadelica is tremendous as well 

Come on.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: LordMorgan on March 28, 2024, 08:26:58 PMNo chance

Come on.

Come on, come on, you know? - LG.

Marbles

Quote from: Ray Travez on March 28, 2024, 07:44:56 PMI think it's Tracey Emin, but maybe it's Justine given that the rest of them are musicians

It is Justine - Glastonbury 1998.

LordMorgan

God she looks beautiful there

The Culture Bunker

Who's the one between Tommy Scott and Noel Gallagher, who looks like he's arrived at Billy Mill roundabout? I thought Reni, but seems a bit strange as he's "just" a drummer.

iamcoop

The chances are someone will be cremated to "I'm a Wheel."

Just think about that. Think on.

purlieu

Recently discovered the Brithop Brewery Co., creating "quality ales combined with our passion for 90's Britpop / indie".

Their beers include Something in the Woodshed, Shakermaker, Streets Like a Jungle and Filmstar.

Lots of John Power and Cast on their Twitter but strangely no mention of this new landmark indie record.

jobotic

Fuck me, I'd rather have a Fosters top.

iamcoop

This album is so important I've just left my family.

I'm a road dog now. I'm a wheel. Anyone else care to join?

I've got access every other week so send me a message if you wanna tune in and drop out, every other week.

non capisco

Just finished Mark Lanegan's memoir Sing Backwards And Weep which tbh I found a bit of a tough and tawdry sit overall. However, there is one amazing chapter towards the end chronicling Lanegan's seething hatred for Liam Gallagher and his dickhead antics when Screaming Trees toured as support for Oasis which is a perfect short story in itself and made reading it entirely worthwhile.

Kankurette

Not gonna lie, I want to read Lanegan's book purely for the bits where he slags off Oasis (although tbf I do like the old growler's solo stuff, Emperor is a banger).
Quote from: iamcoop on March 28, 2024, 10:52:46 PMThe chances are someone will be cremated to "I'm a Wheel."

Just think about that. Think on.
The Deso thread is that way, sir.

non capisco

The penultimate chapter about Liam Gallagher is definitely worth reading in itself if you see that book in a library. The unburied disdain leaps off the page.

Quote from: LordMorgan on March 28, 2024, 08:26:58 PMNo chance

Come on.

This.

We can all argue who about who made those albums but they were ace.

Quote from: Deskbound Cunt on March 28, 2024, 11:54:18 PMThis.

We can all argue who about who made those albums but they were ace.

They were also amazing live around this time.

Kankurette

Xtrmntr is great but all the hype around Primal Scream as being this super awesome political band left me cold.

dontpaintyourteeth

Those albums all heavily feature Bobby Gillespie and therefore cannot possibly be good.

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 29, 2024, 01:34:00 AMThose albums all heavily feature Bobby Gillespie and therefore cannot possibly be good.

*pfft* Imagine a band having a lead singer whose a bit of a dick.

dontpaintyourteeth

Some very funny posts on here, tho the ones joking that Primal Scream were good possibly taking things a bit too far.

My Primal Scream top 10

- Velvet Overground
- Who Killed KKKennedy
- Kick Out The Jam
- Deimperialisation
- Fun Housing
- MLK Take 9/11
- Sisters And Lovers
- Unmerica
- Vietnamese Children
- Stop Making Cents

Das Reboot

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on March 28, 2024, 09:49:39 PMWho's the one between Tommy Scott and Noel Gallagher, who looks like he's arrived at Billy Mill roundabout? I thought Reni, but seems a bit strange as he's "just" a drummer.

Yep

LordMorgan

Quote from: Wacky Homemade Badges on March 29, 2024, 08:11:13 PMMy Primal Scream top 10

- Velvet Overground
- Who Killed KKKennedy
- Kick Out The Jam
- Deimperialisation
- Fun Housing
- MLK Take 9/11
- Sisters And Lovers
- Unmerica
- Vietnamese Children
- Stop Making Cents

This is very good 😀