Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Big Brother [ITV]

Started by Ja'moke, March 04, 2024, 02:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thr0b

One year, some production team is going to accept that nobody likes the "letters from home" type of show. It's not what we watch it for. It's maudlin. It's deathly dull.

STOP MAKING THEM.

Queen Peach

I can't believe anyone stands this unmitigated fluffy shite. currently watching the mental ch5 series at the same time and this current one is just pathetic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Queen Peach on March 21, 2024, 11:08:54 PMI can't believe anyone stands this unmitigated fluffy shite. currently watching the mental ch5 series at the same time and this current one is just pathetic

I remember saying during the Farrah Abraham/Bobby Davro one that people complaining that it was too nasty and stressful should be careful what they wish for.

Now we've got this, where the only source of conflict is Fern Britton being passive aggressive about someone complimenting her jumper.

Queen Peach

the lack of interest is palpable

Noodle Lizard

Yeah, it was a shiter.

I think what bothered me about David was that he reminds me a bit of Pauline from The League of Gentlemen, which in turn is my assumption about what the average Big Brother enjoyer might be like (though its popularity on CaB definitely skews that image balder and more phimotic). But yeah, he didn't actually say or do anything bad, he's just very annoying and I'm still not sure what made him a "celebrity" in the first place.

Oh well. I think the celeb seasons are always going to have trouble now given how hyper-aware they (or their agents anyway) are about #cancellation. The ordinary season last year was quite good though, I thought, though perhaps only because of Jordan.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 25, 2024, 12:43:43 AMOh well. I think the celeb seasons are always going to have trouble now given how hyper-aware they (or their agents anyway) are about #cancellation.

They are.  They were talking about language or something and one of them said 'wagwan' and Levi told him it was Jamaican slang and he absolutely shat himself and wouldn't stop apologising, even going into the diary room and apologising in there too.

Queen Peach

Lordofthefiles

Just caught up on this after a week away.

It was nice to see Ronnie Barker win it after so long away from the limelight.

The only enjoyable moment of the whole series was seeing that Ekin-Su's face when she realised she was the 11th most liked person in the house, rather than the greatest thing to ever appear on TV.

Glad she's gone off in a huff too - imagine being that thin skinned and trying to climb the greasy pole of celebrity?
They've done her and her mental health a massive favour.

Queen Peach

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on March 25, 2024, 02:15:57 PMGlad she's gone off in a huff too - imagine being that thin skinned and trying to climb the greasy pole of celebrity?
They've done her and her mental health a massive favour.

On the first day someone mentioned how contrived Love Island was and she got really defensive about it... then from that moment on she'd keep mentioning Love Island and then get annoyed that people kept mentioning Love Island when she was the only one mentioning it!