Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:53:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Quote from: suelgi on May 19, 2022, 04:09:47 PM

Even with that amount of touching up he still looks like the utter weirdo he is.

Sebastian Cobb

You'd think if the aggro-optics crew wanted to replace starmer they'd pick someone who can have their photo taken without it looking like they're unsure if they've followed-through this time rather than replacing like-for-like.

imitationleather

I would have thought that by now AI would have managed to create characters more convincing than Wes Streeting, tbh.

Sebastian Cobb

maybe it has, i've never met him in person.

idunnosomename

Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 19, 2022, 05:11:01 PMA "return" to Blairism???? You mean this isn't what we're living through now in the Labour Party.
Starmer isnt a Blairite though. He will wear forever the albatross of being nice to Jeremy Crowbutts. It's less about ideology though and whose group farts you huff. I think Streeting is such an absolute fucking lickspittle cunt he can qualify

imitationleather

We may as well get a vTuber to be Labour leader if Streeting is the only option.

king_tubby

Pink Gregory

I feel like it'd be devastatingly easy to do an insulting drawing of him, even if one didn't try very hard.

Paul Calf

He's an insulting drawing of himself.

Blumf

The kind of face only a mother could punch.

lipsink

There's a video of Wes Streeting singing "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn!" with Novara Media's Michael Walker just after Labour's near win in 2017. That might come back to bite him if he tries to run for leader. Though the cunt will probably just double down on saying Right Wing/TERFy things on Julia Hartley Brewer to distract.

Kelvin

Sebastian Cobb

New Statesman jumping on the #weswecan bandwagon.

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/05/why-wes-streeting-should-be-the-next-labour-leader

It does seem like there is a subsection of the centre-right coming round to the idea that starmer is a dead duck and they need another lickspittle cunt (cheers Dawn) to replace him.

shoulders

Haha but again, for those right wingers watching in the hope of snaring one of us with a screengrab: Streeting comes over in general like a weirdo with beady eyes and a pallor that suggests he is made out of paint.

shoulders

Remember how Change UK went?

Imagine Andrew Rawnsley as your chief political advisor. Still somehow pretending to be anything other than a centre right Tory capitalist.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 20, 2022, 06:32:08 PMNew Statesman jumping on the #weswecan bandwagon.

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/05/why-wes-streeting-should-be-the-next-labour-leader

It does seem like there is a subsection of the centre-right coming round to the idea that starmer is a dead duck and they need another lickspittle cunt (cheers Dawn) to replace him.

A bit like The Onion and Clickhole, I didn't bother reading the article because the headline contained all the hilarity I required.

Sebastian Cobb

The only difference between Starmer and Wes is that I think Starmer has ingratiated himself to the powerful slightly more while Wes is still desperately begging for their attention. I reckon both of them are viewed as little more than servile tools by the powerful though, as demonstrated by the current indifference by potential donors and all that cash for access shit that has no business being there.

shoulders

Also Starmer has actual achievements and a career of substance irrespective of the direction he has taken whereas Streeting won some university elections and has been arse licking his way up the chain ever since - while seemingly never aging beyond 12.

Sebastian Cobb

lol at one of the replies to the New Statesman plugging that article being this:

https://twitter.com/unfetteredmind1/status/1527700258842722310

shoulders

By the way, what if Corbyn quit and ran against Keir Starmer in Holborn?

He won't obviously because he enjoys the dignity of martyrdom too much but is that a constituency he would have any chance in? Labour shoe in but everyone knows who Corbyn is. Corbyn would be able to get thousands of people out campaigning in that constituency.

Pink Gregory

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shoulders on May 20, 2022, 07:17:47 PMAlso Starmer has actual achievements and a career of substance irrespective of the direction he has taken whereas Streeting won some university elections and has been arse licking his way up the chain ever since - while seemingly never aging beyond 12.

Yeah fair point, I don't like where he's aligned himself or what he's done but I must concede he was successful.

shoulders

Maybe Starmer does look at Streeting's NUS tier effort at tortoise vs hare Johnsonite careerism and wonder why he put all that work in.

He could have just earnt the vote of some melt kids then hung it out on the long game as a capitalism supplicant and ended up not far away from the same position.

Blinder Data

Quote from: shoulders on May 20, 2022, 07:17:47 PMAlso Starmer has actual achievements and a career of substance irrespective of the direction he has taken whereas Streeting won some university elections and has been arse licking his way up the chain ever since - while seemingly never aging beyond 12.

this is it - whenever I see him on telly all I can think is 'Head Boy'. he would grass on you to the teacher in heartbeat. I wonder if that off-putting impression will lessen over time or whether he just has one of those strange baby faces

pigamus

The next Labour leader has to be a woman though, everybody knows that.

king_tubby

Ah yes, like last time. But alas those women also standing were just not as feminist as Sir Kier.

Not my words, the words of the Guardian newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/26/why-should-keir-starmer-aside---his-rivals-have-few-feminist-credentials

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: shoulders on May 20, 2022, 07:17:47 PMStreeting won some university elections and has been arse licking his way up the chain ever since - while seemingly never aging beyond 12.

The student politics of the left.

pcsjwgm

Quote from: suelgi on May 19, 2022, 04:09:47 PM

A return to Blairism IS the saviour Labour desperately needs!

Quote from: lipsink on May 20, 2022, 10:35:09 AMThere's a video of Wes Streeting singing "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn!" with Novara Media's Michael Walker just after Labour's near win in 2017. That might come back to bite him if he tries to run for leader.

Will be funny (and depressing) to see the media report this as if he'd been caught Sieg Heil-ing or something.