Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:13:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Batman (2021)

Started by VelourSpirit, August 23, 2020, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Mister Six

willbo

Quote from: lipsink on October 18, 2021, 11:10:50 AMThey'll find a way to put Phoenix's Joker into this world for the sequel if this is a success. They'll make out that the first Joker film set in the 80s was all in Arthur Fleck's head.

or just have him cross canons with no explanation like Judi Dench M did...

Glebe

JamesTC

Glebe

Quote from: JamesTC on February 07, 2022, 11:05:57 AM
Spoiler alert

Spoiler alert
Next up: Cyborg, featuring six Aqauamens and four Jokers.
[close]

Thomas

The more I see of this, the less interested I get. Early on, I honoured it with a spot on my 'see at the cinema' list, but with each increasingly dark orange trailer it has faded like a grumpy member of the McFly family.

Also

Quotewe're not so different

is a screenwriting crime punishable by Batman.

Mister Six

Quote from: Thomas on February 08, 2022, 01:54:58 PM"We're not so different"

is a screenwriting crime punishable by Batman.

I'm amazed that they're still trying to trot this out. Venture Bros did a great parody of this about 15 years ago:

PHANTOM LIMB: You know, we're not so different, you and I.

BROCK SAMSON: Ugh, another "We're not so different" speech. I get those a lot.

PHANTOM LIMB: Yes, I rather think you would.

(Paraphrased because I can't find the exact quote online.)

Glebe

Really like this TV spot:

BritishHobo

Every time I see the trailer for this, my expectations completely flip. I can't gauge if it's goofy but taking itself too seriously (a la Suicide Squad, the writing on the ground reminiscent of Leto's Joker with his stupid fucking circle of knives) or whether it's taking itself just seriously enough and will actually be compelling. I think I would like it if it's about Bruce Wayne being genuinely unhinged, just a fucking actual maniac going out in the night and breaking bones.

Anyway I'm seeing this at 4am on release day because I make terrible choices.

Magnum Valentino

I might go see it at the only IMAX in NI which will cost a fucking fortune and have crap popcorn, so you're not alone.

Mister Six

EVERY TIME.

"Ooh, actually, that doesn't look bad. Maybe it'll be all right. What was my problem with it?"

(Batman deflects machine gun fire at point blank range with his magic armpits.)

"Nope, fuck this."

EVERY TIME.

Thomas

Who is the best-looking Batman?

I don't mean who is the best-looking actor to have played Bruce Wayne? - rather, who has the best-looking exposed Batmouth when in costume?

Everybody agrees, for example, that of all the actors to play Officer Murphy, Peter Weller has the best Robomouth (robotic police officer mouth).

Butchers Blind

Have there been any reviews come in for this yet?

Bad Ambassador

The embargo lifts at 6.00pm.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Thomas on February 28, 2022, 11:13:26 AMWho is the best-looking Batman?

I don't mean who is the best-looking actor to have played Bruce Wayne? - rather, who has the best-looking exposed Batmouth when in costume?

Everybody agrees, for example, that of all the actors to play Officer Murphy, Peter Weller has the best Robomouth (robotic police officer mouth).

Adam West

Replies From View

am I the only one who shortens it to 'tman?

Theba T-Man

(The T is short for Theba)

Fucking hell, since when have cinema tickets been £15???????

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Replies From View on February 28, 2022, 12:16:23 PMam I the only one who shortens it to 'tman?
That's how they compliment each other in the Lancashire hip hop scene.

Ticket prices have been creeping up for years now, I think they were charging around £12 on average pre-pandemic. The last time I patronised my local Cineworld, tickets there had dropped down to about 8 quid again, presumably as they were desperate to get people back in there. I guess it's not the same everywhere?

Small Man Big Horse

In London for about 15 years, though I'm not sure about anywhere else.

JamesTC

The limitless passes are now roughly the same price as a single ticket. It just ends up meaning I see every film I'm vaguely interested in to make it worth it. Thankfully they also show classic movies. I'm seeing Wayne's World, Philadelphia and The Godfather Part II in addition to The Batman this week.

Haha, the fucking wankers. Looked at prices for The Duke for tonight and it's "only" £12 for a premium seat in a normal screen. Even Uncharted in the iSense screen is £14 compared to Theba Theba-Man for £17.50 next week.

Replies From View

On Saturday all films at Picturehouse were £3.  Went and saw Cyrano because unlike everyone here I wasn't interested in Sing 2.

That's £3 for a cinema ticket lads.  No offence but I can hear all of your pubes bristling in impotent rage against the kind of cardboardy underpants you all wear.

Shaky

Quote from: Thomas on February 28, 2022, 11:13:26 AMWho is the best-looking Batman?

Excellent question. It's definitely not Bale, who has a strange, potato-shaped chin, disgusting mouth and thin lips. I could never take his Batman seriously.

Replies From View

They always used to say George Clooney, but I highly suspect they merely fancied him by default so would have said that anyway.

We need to get in a really straight dude to help.