Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Northern Meet

Started by Mr_Simnock, January 21, 2012, 07:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Its been a while since the last northern meetup so I propose we have another. Nothing has been decided so far but one before summer (June say) would be good. I would like it to be at Leeds but anywhere is OK to be honest. Soltaire would be a nice place to have a meetup at. We could all walk around Salt Mill and look at all the Hockney (and others) works etc before going to get heavily pissed up somewhere. All just ideas but one things for certain and that's we should have a meetup.

phes

Leeds sounds a good and convenient location because I live in Leeds.

sirhenry

And I discovered today that there are 3 verbwhores at least in walking distance of the Brudenell Social Club, if there are any bands playing in the near future that everyone wants to see...

dr_christian_troy

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Any weekend after 25th february is good for me. Leeds sounds great. The Angel is probably still the best bet so its convenient for everyone and cheap. And does food.

sirhenry

That was easy. 3rd March, The Angel, Leeds

Mr_Simnock

Excellent, March third at the Angel in Leeds it is. It looks like at least 4 will be coming, which is usually as good as it gets :) These other three you mention SirH care to reveal who they are?

sirhenry

Myself, phes and Penfold[nb]see annual thread[/nb]

phes

Yes, I can most likely make this. As moreorless a lurker (long time) I feel something of a fraud, but i'll have less hair than you, laugh at your jokes and buy a round.

Hank Venture

I will not be attending this event.

biggytitbo

Is this the meeting of the bald club? I might pop in to show you all how it's done.

Mr_Simnock

It would be fantastic if you came to the meet Biggy. If you promise to turn up I'll promise to attend on the back of a massive puppy.

daimoniac

chalk me in as a mebbe on this 'un

sirhenry

Quote from: daimoniac on January 23, 2012, 06:41:58 PM
chalk me in as a mebbe on this 'un
We always do. You always work instead.

daimoniac

aye, but this time certain factord are a-changing... the needle's leaning towards the "aye" as opposed to the "balls, arbeit calling"

Melodichaze

I'm a *hopeful* depending on where I'm living by then, be nice to see you crazy kids again.

dr beat

I'd originally ruled this out but now it looks like I could make this.  Consider me upgraded to a 'probable'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So thats

shoulders
simnock+biniput
sirhenry
phes
penfold
jesusandyourbush (i assume)

With possiprobsibly melodichaze, dr beat and daimoniac.

3rd march, angel inn, leeds.

Any other takers?

Retinend

Omerta

If I'm on holiday, I may come. It would be nice to discuss my problems in person.

dr_christian_troy

JesusAndYourBush

Yeah, put me down for some bamleming and falling through the bar.

no_offenc

I will be an extremely extremely tentative "possibly, maybe" as I'm moving back to Liverpool next weekend and don't know what my employment status will be. And my girlfriend's moving house the weekend before so there may still be stuff to help out with there. But I don't see why I shouldn't meet you lot for a bit (except that it'll be two hours away by train/coach...). Might have to drag the missus with me. If I go. Which I might not even.

dr beat

Thinking on you can put me down as a 'yes'.  I'll be able to go in some capacity, just not sure yet whether that will be sober, drunk, or on some continuous gradient between the two.  Will depend on work and money how long I'll be able to stay around, but I should be there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So thats

shoulders
simnock+biniput
sirhenry
phes
penfold
jesusandyourbush
dr beat
Retinend

With possiprobsibly or otherwise melodichaze, no_offenc, dr_christian_troy and daimoniac.

3rd march, angel inn, leeds.

Looks like we may have to commandeer the larger of the upstairs seating areas!

phes

Quote from: sirhenry on January 21, 2012, 09:28:41 PM
And I discovered today that there are 3 verbwhores at least in walking distance of the Brudenell Social Club, if there are any bands playing in the near future that everyone wants to see...

Certainly.

Although I rarely listen to music so it's a case of copying me in on anything that might be fun.

Mr_Simnock

Just bumping this thread, its only a couple of weeks off now. I'm really looking forward to it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah, me too, I'm coming as planned.

The Angel does do food so if you get there in good time get an order in.

Lyndon

Can you give us some directions or link to the last thread with directions? It looks like it's down an alley on Google Maps, so no street-view, and I don't know that part of Leeds.

Retinend

Just a week on Saturday now, in case any needs a reminder to book tickets. I'm looking forward to my first ever internet Meet :)

Also, I agree with Lyndon. The more idiot-proof the better, for my purposes.