Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Northern Meet

Started by Mr_Simnock, January 21, 2012, 07:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

Hopefully this will help locate the Angel, for those who haven't been before: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=19081.30

sirhenry

Looks like Dr Christian Troy won't be making it due to skintitude.

But I will, despite being brassic.

dr beat

What time will the soiree be commencing?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'll be in there from about 1 hoping to get some lunch in, but more importantly grab a decently sized table.

I had a bottle of Sam Smiths stout yesterday to symbolically prepare myself for the onslaught on Saturday!

The directions still remain the same but for two inessential differences. The first being the Headrow Shopping Centre is now called THE CUBE, the second being the arrow denoting my flat stretches about 40 miles further south.

Look for HMV off The Headrow, face the other way, and you'll find it down an alley to the right of some Yorkshire Bank cashpoints.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I don't think 'the cool one' is coming this time around.

daimoniac

monty pythons foot just squashed my hopes of coming - rostered in at work and skint awaiting first paycheck :/

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 28, 2012, 09:28:57 AMLook for HMV off The Headrow, face the other way, and you'll find it down an alley to the right of some Yorkshire Bank cashpoints.

Alternatively...

Go along Briggate (blue arrow)...

Look for Harvey Nicks (it's huge, not hard to miss)...

Then rotate yourself 180 degrees and duck down the alley next to Currys...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Both ways are good (obviously), it's just the alley from the other side has a sign saying Angel Inn Yard with an arrow pointing down it.

Yeah- so it's down an alley opposite HMV, or alternatively down an alley opposite Harvey Nichols! Find either of those and you're going to struggle not to find it from there.

We'll be upstairs, hopefully on the big sofa!

dr beat

Almost thought I'd have to drop out, but now I'm good.  I'll be there for the early shift around 1pm.  That leaves loadsa time before my train back to Embra at 8.

Penfold

I may be there.

Getting myself to leave the house to meet one person I don't know is hard enough.

Mostly i'm terrified.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

My train gets in at one so I should be up to the Angel by about quarter past one, and try and get a seat upstairs.

If anyone wants my number for directions or no-holds-barred sexual intercourse send me a PM.

phes

I'll come along fairly early at about 2ish maybe. I'm a bit of a nervous, counter-conversationalist, so prepare some trivial conversation. On the plus side, i'm extremely easy to make fun of and very gullible.

biniput

Penfold

The feeling of not knowing people and nervousness lasts for between 5 - 10 minutes then just fades off fast. Also if anyone has never been to a meet before listening in to cab radio is a great way to "know" people before you meet up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nice to see you got up so early- presumably due to the excitement of the day ahead!

Ok, quick bump as it's Today...

Angel Inn, Leeds, from about 1pm til whenever,
Quoteshoulders
simnock+biniput
sirhenry
phes
penfold
jesusandyourbush
dr beat
Retinend
With possiprobsibly or otherwise melodichaze, no_offenc, daimoniac

...and any other people who may decide to show up on a whim or whatever (it happens)..

Don't worry about conversation or being made welcome, you'll be fine!

Just a quick memo to myself to bring a camera to take FUN MEET SNAPS for the hordes of masturbatory voyeurs trolling this forum.

dr beat

Nice one shoulders I forgot to pack my camera. See you in a bit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Right, I'm on my way. I'll be upstairs with the food, big nose and the orange stripes.

sirhenry

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give this a miss this time. My stomach bug (or whatever it is) hasn't got any better in the last few days, and as two more members of the family have now gone down with it, I suspect it's catching. And while it's nice to think I could give you all something to remember me by after the meet, botulism isn't it.

Have a great time.

Mr_Simnock

Oh poo SirH. I'm setting off now and should be there before three sometime. Looking forward to it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Thanks for not giving me botulism Sir H!

dr beat

Melodichaze

Get well soon, Sir H!
Apologies, I meant to tell someone a bit sooner but I can't make it either as I've had to go view flats today.
Have fun boys and erm...boys!

Take piccies!

Penfold

Quote from: biniput on March 03, 2012, 04:14:59 AM
Penfold

The feeling of not knowing people and nervousness lasts for between 5 - 10 minutes then just fades off fast. Also if anyone has never been to a meet before listening in to cab radio is a great way to "know" people before you meet up.

Thanks for the advice.

As usual I worry for nothing as I had an unexpected lady visitor, fresh off the boat from Armley so am unable to make it.

Get better soon Sir Henry, I still have your CD copy of the CaB annual.

Neville Chamberlain

I shan't be coming as it's already gone 7 and I'm about 100 miles away from Leeds.

Lyndon

In the spirit of this thread I'm going to have to pull out, despite having just attended the meet all day, met everyone, and had a really good time. I'm still slightly tipsy after 2 vodka and cokes at 3pm so lemme just say, love you guys.

phes

I've also decided to un-attend, having just woken up feeling very odd and apparently fully clothed on top of my bed.

Don_Preston

Right, what time we meeting?

dr beat

Great to meet everyone and catch up and that.  My recollection got a bit hazy as the afternoon progressed (too many wheatbeers) but got home fine, where there was a healthy rebate cheque from HMRC waiting.  So a good day all round.

Any pics?

phes

I only have one photograph i'm afraid: Jesus and your bush and myself. Award winners in last men standing, least hair and most hair categories. I also received a nomination in the 'here comes a bald person that nobody recognises - could be titbo' category. Sorry to disappoint.   

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Piccies time

Biniput; Retinend

Mr Simnock, Jesusandyourbush, dr beat

Jesusandyourbush; dr beat

biniput; Lyndon

A very good afternoon out, I was a bit gutted to have to go as usually a Leeds meet means I can stay til the end. Great to meet 3 new people who were all sound and really good company. And the usual sack of bastards who turn up anyway. Sorry for being a little bit subdued (maybe that's good), as I was recovering from a cold still and then got some shitty news that my girlfriend had been mugged right in the middle of the day.

Let's do this again in the summer lads!

Oh and comedy black mark to Penfold who chickened out!

Penfold

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 05, 2012, 04:35:47 PM
Oh and comedy black mark to Penfold who chickened out!

Oi!

I had lovely company at home.

Not that I wouldn't have chickened out, that's kinda my thing.

Look forward to doing it again in the summer.