Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:31:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Little pleasures

Started by I accept the terms of the, February 29, 2012, 10:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Yoda[nb]but not in those new ads[/nb]

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 01, 2012, 10:06:59 PM
No, thats bears. Porcine.

I thought that was Paul Hardcastle.

Utter Shit

Putting on a new pair of socks. Bliss. I have been known to buy a 5-pack from Primark needlessly, purely for the new socks feeling. If the world had a rethink and labelled socks disposable after one wear, people would be so much happier - imagine getting to put on a brand new pair of socks EVERY morning.

the midnight watch baboon

I see your attractive fresh socks and raise you freshly laundered, summer-breeze dried bedclothes...

Makes me feel fine.

Zetetic

Seeing public transport workers silently greet each other, as they pass like mutes on buses.

Buelligan

Never bluffing at Poker, then bluffing like a crazy person and winning all the lovely chips.

doppelkorn

Having exactly the same karma as somebody else

Buelligan

Giving positive karma and accidentally giving two points.

Replies From View

Evening things up for larves.

Replies From View

I often find myself changing lyrics of songs so they become about poo and wee and bums and things.  I don't know if this is a "pleasure" though, or actually a compulsion, because it kind of gives me a headache.

CaledonianGonzo

When the office is quiet and you can listen to your MP3 player all morning.

Heart Of The Congoes, seeing as you asked.

Cerys

This -

Quote6-year-old niece: <running around the house furtively>
Brother: "What are you up to?"
Niece: "Oh, just collecting body parts."

Also finding something cool you'd forgotten you had, while tidying, eating a frozen creme egg, and farting a long, long note that resembles that produced by a well-played oboe.

The previous three are not connected.  It would have been even more pleasurable if they had been, mind.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: Replies From View on March 02, 2012, 10:17:59 AM
I often find myself changing lyrics of songs so they become about poo and wee and bums and things.  I don't know if this is a "pleasure" though, or actually a compulsion, because it kind of gives me a headache.

Oh yes, and also completing people's sentences for them on TV or adding little bits, e.g. after David Camerons has given a speech about something of grave importance, adding, "Oh, and I'm a massive homosexual. Goodbye."

Replies From View

madhair60

Replies From View

SetToStun

Quote from: Replies From View on March 02, 2012, 10:17:59 AM
I often find myself changing lyrics of songs so they become about poo and wee and bums and things.

Back in the late 80s, me and a few mates were sitting in the pub of a Saturday afternoon and decided we would write an album. The album was to be called "Tracks From the Backside" and every song was to be a cover with all the words changed to be completely scatalogical. The band would be called (shamefully) "Strontium Skidmark and the Stubborn Understains" (it made sense at the time; it was a nod to Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction) and the first track would be "Bowel Movement" (a corrupted version of "Prime Mover"). Within about five hours we had all the lyrics for the whole album sorted and were ready to quite literally rock and roll. At that point we ralised that although we had a genuine (s)hit on our hands, not one of us - apart from an amateur bass player, so he doesn't count - had any musical talent whatsoever.

The cover shot for the front of the album was going to be a downward look at a completely filthy kharzi, surrounded by takeaway cartons and beer cans; the back was going to be a partially-demolished building in Romford which had only one wall standing, with part of a floor sticking out about 25 feet in the air, on which was a toilet and nothing else. We could have been rich.

Quote from: SetToStun on March 02, 2012, 02:22:29 PM
We could have been rich.

Judging by the sheer number of threads and posts about shit, poo, bums, jobbies & c. on this place, I would think there was/is a market for it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 02, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
Judging by the sheer number of threads and posts about shit, poo, bums, jobbies & c. on this place, I would think there was/is a market for it.

Don't you go sounding ungrateful!

Quote from: Replies From View on March 02, 2012, 02:34:28 PM
Don't you go sounding ungrateful!

I'm not - it saves me logging (geddit?!) on to:

http://www.jobby.es/

Replies From View

madhair60

doppelkorn

Quote from: SetToStun on March 02, 2012, 02:22:29 PM
Back in the late 80s, me and a few mates were sitting in the pub of a Saturday afternoon and decided we would write an album. The album was to be called "Tracks From the Backside" and every song was to be a cover with all the words changed to be completely scatalogical. The band would be called (shamefully) "Strontium Skidmark and the Stubborn Understains" (it made sense at the time; it was a nod to Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction) and the first track would be "Bowel Movement" (a corrupted version of "Prime Mover"). Within about five hours we had all the lyrics for the whole album sorted and were ready to quite literally rock and roll. At that point we ralised that although we had a genuine (s)hit on our hands, not one of us - apart from an amateur bass player, so he doesn't count - had any musical talent whatsoever.

The cover shot for the front of the album was going to be a downward look at a completely filthy kharzi, surrounded by takeaway cartons and beer cans; the back was going to be a partially-demolished building in Romford which had only one wall standing, with part of a floor sticking out about 25 feet in the air, on which was a toilet and nothing else. We could have been rich.

For years I've held on to a dream about producing a cover (and accompanying video) of "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" called "Shittin' on the Cock of a Gay". The video would start with a close up of a man's face whistling the whistly part and the camera pans out to reveal him squatting, pants down over a prone, naked man before he starts the vocal. And does a shit.

doppelkorn

So that could be a B-side.

Quote from: doppelkorn on March 02, 2012, 03:07:22 PM
For years I've held on to a dream about producing a cover (and accompanying video) of "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" called "Shittin' on the Cock of a Gay". The video would start with a close up of a man's face whistling the whistly part and the camera pans out to reveal him squatting, pants down over a prone, naked man before he starts the vocal. And does a shit.

Well, you've got to have a dream:

In the words of the famous German synthpop group De/Vision, who I have just found on Google

"Don't stop dreaming
'cause it beautifies your life."