Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

libertarian thinker Andrew Breitbart dead at 43

Started by RickyGerbail, March 01, 2012, 03:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyGerbail

most got to know him from this video a couple of weeks ago and now he's been snatched away:

http://youtu.be/ILZQSmE5Uu0

CaledonianGonzo

NoSleep

RickyGerbail

he was apparently feeling that 2012 was the beginning of the "age of Breitbart".

George Oscar Bluth II

QuoteIn the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick"[16] and "a special pile of human excrement."[17][18]

Hank_Kingsley

Why is the internet full of libertarians and people who are into cosplay?

I meet almost none in real life.

Buelligan

Quote from: RickyGerbail on March 01, 2012, 03:32:55 PM
he was apparently feeling that 2012 was the beginning of the "age of Breitbart".
CHECK OUT THAT DUNCE.  As everyone now knows, the age of Breitbart was 43.

I was only dimly aware of this person, so thought I'd have a look at his wikipedia entry, but left none the wiser.
I think this is what it says

QuoteBreitbart's role in the SNACPI kerfuffle ignited interest in Attorney General Fandaby Positro's alleged extra marital affairs when edited excerpts of the so-called GLUNT neocon group's audio tape surfaced August 9th.  Conservative commentator and one time co-publisher of Breitbart's website 'Wobsite' Shally Shollard claimed in a Fox News interview that Breitbart had taken himself out of context on eleven occasions, August 9th.  Groups nationwide co-opted Shollard to impose sexually explicit images which refuted SNACPI successor SNAPCO's assertion that Breitbart's supposed $100,000 funding issue failed when it inadvertently outed Pastor Ogden Lego.  Sources [who?] claim Breitbart's intent had actually been to advertantly 'in' Pastor Lego, but was unable due to heavy shouting, August 9th.

Jake Thingray

Only thing I knew about him was his site moaning that Hollywood is run by liberals. And the only point of interest there is it answers the question of whatever happened to the nutter in The A-Team who went round talking to dogs who weren't there, now he claims he doesn't act much these days due to his idolising Ronald Reagan.

easytarget

Now he's dead we can make him a Mormom. Then we can do this: http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Ah, seriously though, it's good when someone so shitty dies young.

Dare we hope for Ann Coulter to go next?

Still Not George

I think there's a mistake in the thread title. You misspelt "cunt" as "thinker" and "lying" as "libertarian".

Jamie Oliver is fat

Did libertarian ever refer more to people who call themselves liberals these days, or was it always this way?

Similar words, but libertarian seems to refer to the UKIP, freeman on the land, all tax is theft person, which is a million miles away from what I would call a liberal person

I accept the terms of the

Libertarian isn't meant to mean liberal. It's just a coincidence that the words both have lib in them. A libertarian could be liberal or conservative or purple.

Phil_A

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on March 01, 2012, 08:29:22 PM
Did libertarian ever refer more to people who call themselves liberals these days, or was it always this way?

Similar words, but libertarian seems to refer to the UKIP, freeman on the land, all tax is theft person, which is a million miles away from what I would call a liberal person

Libertarianism and liberalism are completely different things. Libertarians are all about freedom for individuals, are strongly anti-government, pro-free market and so on. 

RickyGerbail

i think libertarianism fits under the liberal umbrella, so i wouldn't say that it's a completely different thing.

RickyGerbail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism:

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion.[3][4][5][6][7]"

i don't think any of that goes against what a typical libertarian might think.

Buelligan

"Libertarian" is to cunts what "Freedom" was to Thatcherites.

Also, not "libertines" either. That's people who think it's okay to fuck everything,[nb]de Sade-reading cunts[/nb] and a shit band.

Rev

It feels a bit queasy to be actually glad that someone has died, and at a relatively young age.  But, seriously, the man was a cunt, and had he managed to keep his habit in line we'd have been looking at a run for president in twenty years.  The world is a better place today.

The Roofdog

Rev

There is, in all seriousness, more than one conspiracy theory about this already.  Breitbart had dinner with Bill Ayers a few weeks back, and that's providing the root.  He was given a fast-acting poison that's really slow-acting when you think about it, and is undetectable in an autopsy, on the orders of King 0bamalini.

WAKE UP, AMERICA!

Depressed Beyond Tables

From his wiki:

QuoteBreitbart had died unexpectedly from natural causes

Sounds like the general consensus was it shouldn't have been natural.

George Oscar Bluth II

Police investigating reports of a bomb at Rush Limbaugh's house.

Seal Team 6 working HARD today.

NoSleep

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on March 02, 2012, 12:17:47 AM
Sounds like the general consensus was it shouldn't have been natural.

...during a right kicking.