Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:14:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

£5 Ebay Deal - Do this now!

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 06, 2012, 11:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I've no idea why, but the first 50,000 people to buy something from ebay for £5 or under using this code CUKFB1 (when you get to the checkout) get it for free (discounting postage, if it's not free p&p).

Edit: A bit more info - it definitely seems to work, I've just ordered Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, and as I chose one with free P&P it hasn't cost me a thing.

The timing of it seems a bit odd, but hey, I'm not complaining, and a few of my other facebook friends have ordered stuff too and it's gone through accordingly.

El Unicornio, mang

Awesome, just got a PC to TV cable that I need for when I go back to England in a few weeks, for nowt. Saved me 4.90! Thanks SMBH!

Old Nehamkin

Thanks! Can you just buy one thing or can you keep going untill it reaches 50,000?
EDIT: Never mind, it's just the once. Obviously.

Paaaaul

I've just got in from a Killing Joke gig and fancied buying one of their albums.

Got one now - FOR FREES!!

Cheers SmBh

Dark Sky

I just ordered a copy of Scream 4 on DVD...FREE!

Was a bit worried because you have to commit to buy it before you can try out the voucher.  Luckily it worked!

Uncle TechTip

Goods as described offer correct A+++ would leech again

Is it comfirmed as a promotion anywhere though? I hope it's not an error and I get billed. I don't really need the item. It comes off Paypal though as 0.00, going through the whole process. And I have the email so one could even argue that it stands.

Eis Nein

Just bought some batteries for nowt. Thanks!

El Unicornio, mang

I wonder how this works with the sellers though? Presumably it's ebay who are footing the bill, as I can't imagine every seller on ebay agreeing to give away free stuff, but presumably they're getting a paypal receipt that says 0.00 payment? Odd.

babyshambler

Thanks! It worked. Got myself a new phone charger.

Small Man Big Horse

Ebay have a page on their site about it: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/vouchers/FB/?clk_rvr_id=321349984783 - but without explaining just why they've done it...

El Unicornio, mang

Small Man Big Horse

Heh, but no, after a bit of googling I found out it's to do with their facebook page:

QuoteWe love our fans and to show how much we'll be giving you £5 to redeem on eBay.co.uk. The promotion will start 23:59:59 GMT tonight and will end at 23:59:59 GMT 8th March. We only have 50,000 vouchers to give away so make sure you get yours while you can! Click here for the Terms and Conditions. What will you use your voucher for?

The code was working from about 8.30pm this evening according to the MoneySavingExpert.com forums

I accept the terms of the

Thanks, £5 off a case of root beer that I wouldn't have ordered otherwise.

Dark Sky

Oh, it could have been used to get five pounds off something of a higher price?  Balls.  Didn't realise that.

Still, I got a free thing.  That's pretty cool.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Cheers for the heads up! I gots me some free Jamie Hewlett artwork.

Benevolent Despot

Yay. Thanks.

They owe me £15 anyway for double-charging me selling fees.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Just bought a plastic cowbell. Don't know why. I've no need for one. Panic buy I suppose. The high has nearly completely worn off me now.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Just bought some collar stiffeners - you still have to pay P&P though.

phes

three sticks of palmers cocoa butter lip stick things - £4.99, free postage.

MwuaAHAhaHhAaHAHahahahaHAHHAHAHA

Custard

Cheers!

Got me a much-needed stapler. Rock n roll

dr_christian_troy

vrailaine

dr_christian_troy

Ah, didn't realise you could only use it once, otherwise I'd have bought this instead:

MissInformed

Free stockings!!! Thank you SMBH :-D

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: vrailaine on March 07, 2012, 12:57:25 AM
does it work for irish people?

It can do, you just need to act like you're just buying stuff like normal and hope they don't twig.

Worked for me.

Custard

It we piled all this stuff together, we could open a lovely little shop together!

MissInformed

Quote from: Shameless on March 07, 2012, 06:59:16 AMIt we piled all this stuff together, we could open a lovely little shop together!

Do we have to do this? Did I miss a meeting?? I don't want to sell my lovely new stockings...

Famous Mortimer

I just went to grab a CD and there was no balance left. Ah well, I was 12 hours too late, and this is the internet.