Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

£5 Ebay Deal - Do this now!

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 06, 2012, 11:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Mine was a free 8GB usb memory stick. I don't particularly need one, but hell - just doing my bit to stimulate the economy.

doppelkorn

I got told about this off another forum.

"Oooh wonderful!", I thought, as I'd been eyeing up a copy of The Stripper by The David Rose Orchestra yesterday anyway but didn't want to pay 99p+£1.50 p+p.

Buy now. Pay now. Apply voucher. Doesn't work on the p+p. Close tab in frustration. Do not want anymore.

Two minutes later, email says: "YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR COPY OF THE STRIPPER BY DAVID ROSE AND HIS ORCHESTRA".

BAH! That's £1.50 for a record that's 25p if you can find it in the shops. Thanks "voucher".

Replies From View

The code now no longer works, so don't make the mistake I've just made!  (Decided to buy a 32GB flash drive that without the code has cost me a couple of quid more than it would have cost on amazon!)

*shakes fist at him up above[nb]Small Man Big Horse, of course.  I'm not an idiot Christian person.[/nb]*

Subtle Mocking

Yep, I've fallen victim to this too. To be fair I did need some invisible socks for summer, but that's £4.99 gone because of me not being fast enough :(

The HotUKDeals/MoneySavingExpert lot are animals at times.

Replies From View

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on March 07, 2012, 11:28:06 AM
Yep, I've fallen victim to this too. To be fair I did need some invisible socks for summer, but that's £4.99 gone because of me not being fast enough :(

The HotUKDeals/MoneySavingExpert lot are animals at times.

Thanks for the warning!  GROWL.

Viero_Berlotti

I wondered why my eBay store had more orders than usual this morning. Looks like all the payments have gone through fine into the PayPal account as well. If this was an error on eBay's part, it has been a costly one. Some poor minion will probably be getting thrown into eBay prison today.

The Roofdog

Maybe they made more on all the poor saps like doppelkorn & Replies who got stuck with purchases after the voucher expired? Though if they really did allocated 50,000 x £5 it would seem unlikely.

Cerys

Simple.  Free advertising - plus the fact that loads of people ended up buying stuff they wouldn't otherwise have bought.