Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:10:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite accent

Started by Hank Venture, March 08, 2012, 03:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Venture

My favourite british accent is the glaswegian one, it sounds cool, as do most Scottish ones.

What is your favourite accent? Discuss. This thread is quality.

Edit: Needless to say, biniput, I have the last laugh.

Mister Six

I'm not sure there's a better accent for comedy and Glaswegian. It makes me think of violence and good humour, simultaneously.

I also love thick Geordie and Welsh accents. Anything with lots of peaks and troughs and melody, really.

Gulftastic

A soft Irish accent can be the sexiest thing on Earth.

Replies From View

I like Bridget Bardot accents singing about Bonnie and Clyde.

Buelligan

I pretty much like most accents, all the ones mentioned above are great, not terribly keen on that English one that people adopt when they want to come across as posh (but can't quite drop their own, almost certainly nicer, one). 

SetToStun

Hearing Cerys Matthews speak is still enough to chop the legs out from under me. Plus there's definitely something about a Geordie lass - that's another accent that can make me go a bit wobbly when it's done right.

BlodwynPig

Are you sure about the Geordie accent? A softer Cheryl Cole maybe, but anything harder just is excruciating - and I am a Geordie.

The Masked Unit

I like a good brummie accent, although what I'm thinking of could be more black country. Sorry to say it but the worst accent in the history of man is scouse.

CaledonianGonzo

I like most accents as well, and that includes the Scouse - not the high-pitched whine of stereotype but the actual one that folks like John Lennon and Optimus Primark had/have.

And, yes, I'll also endorse both the Geordie and the Welsh accents on ladies.

Hank Venture

When I said glaswegian in the OP I meant how it sounded in general. When it comes to FUCKING HELL LADS ladiez I think literally all accents are hot, at least hotter than any accent in my mother tongue, which is norwegian. It's something about a womans voice in another language (whether I can understand it or not) that's inherently exciting.

Edit: Cecil Parkinson without spaces wordfilters to FUCKING HELL LADS. Whoa.

Edit 2: Thanks Neil, for making me look like an utter headcase.
THE without underscores = FUCKING HELL LADS
THE replace underscores with spaces = Cecil Parkinson

Replies From View

What becomes Mary Whitehouse?

Neomod

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 08, 2012, 07:16:33 AM
A soft Irish accent can be the sexiest thing on Earth.

Agreed. Specifically the South West of Ireland.

Buelligan

I have some friends from Wicklow who tell me that  D4 is now sweeping Dublin and the surrounds.  omg! OMG!

SetToStun

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 08, 2012, 09:59:12 AM
Are you sure about the Geordie accent? A softer Cheryl Cole maybe, but anything harder just is excruciating - and I am a Geordie.

The softer end of the scale, yes - I should have been more specific about that; the harsher end is just the sound of fishwives shouting at each other. Softly-spoken ladies from the South-West also have a certain something about them, now I think of it.

Buelligan

Quote from: mook on March 08, 2012, 11:30:19 AM
^ fuck my old boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=489pO9q8guA&feature=related

I had precisely the same thought[nb]What are the fucking chances of that eh?[/nb].

biggytitbo

The soft geordie accent (nearer hartlepool/middlesbrough) on a lady is very very sexy.

Neville Chamberlain

I love the earthy, West Country bawdiness of a lady from Nempnett Thrubwell!

Don_Preston

The Les Dennis lilt on Les Dennis is very very sexy!

mook

^
^
yes, and if you can find one without a moustache and 12 fingers ever better.

biggytitbo

I like the lovely, sexy computerized voice of a severely disabled lady.

Don_Preston

The gruff twang Jack Wild adopted after having his vocal chords and tongue removed really does it for me!

Neville Chamberlain

I like biggy's sumptuous twang.

rudi

All accents are fantastic to my ears. There's just something about the language I'm used to being spoken with different sounds I can't get enough of.

Quote from: Buelligan on March 08, 2012, 11:23:17 AMI have some friends from Wicklow who tell me that  D4 is now sweeping Dublin and the surrounds.  omg! OMG!

Wicklow itself spent the 90s being annexed by D4 twats, so it's spreading urther than the suburbs...

Don_Preston

My hint of Midsomer Norton really gets me going.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 08, 2012, 12:20:03 PM
I like the lovely, sexy computerized voice of a severely disabled lady.

I nearly wrote something similar, but the very real image of the weeping, unloved disabled lady who is definitely reading this stopped me.

Neville Chamberlain

My Yeovil/Nottingham hybrid accent is starting to inspire unmentionable thoughts about my person!

Artemis

Any 'soft' accent, particularly on the laydees, sounds pretty good to my ears.

Hard accents from the North are generally terrible, though.

I used to despise the West Country accent, mainly because I was surrounded by it growing up (but weirdly managed to avoid it myself - I had a soft version before my accent became bastardised by various other places I've grown up).

Internationally, I prefer LA to NY, and thicker Aussie accents to Sydney-dwellers.

Replies From View

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on March 08, 2012, 12:33:22 PM
My Yeovil/Nottingham hybrid accent is starting to inspire unmentionable thoughts about my person!

Your own voice is stirring your very loins?  A most odd state of affairs.

What about the Brissawl accent?  Awlriiight there luvverrr?

Neville Chamberlain

The Brizzle accent is great, unique for the mischievous 'l' which creeps into words at the most unexpected moments: so 'idea' becomes 'ideal', 'drawing' becomes 'drawling' etc.