Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:43:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who awake? Punctuation; and burglary.

Started by hummingofevil, March 09, 2012, 02:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

I'm awake. Guarding my home after some little cunts have broke into my home, stolen tele and other electronics (which I dont really give a fuck about) but they have smashed my boiler; water and gas disabled and fucked.

Anyone, anyone?

Hank Venture

Go Liam Neeson on them, the little shits.

hummingofevil

Name me a film for reference purposes; don't want to accidentally seep into star wars territory!

Ginyard

Schindler's List.

Sorry mate. Horrible feeling.

If they come back, grab that baseball bat and stick this track on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgJ8xSfdBk

Use the intro to disorientate them as you flash the lights on and off then start beating them once the funk kicks in.

Johnny Yesno

That's rough. Were you in when they broke in? Stupid question, probably, but why on earth did they smash the boiler?

Zetetic

I think it's probably a toss up between consumerism and gangsta rap.

hummingofevil

Got little tiny window that never noticed before. It's got a cupboard on front of it with boiler inside. Silly scum decided to try (successfully) to get in house by smashing teeny window and then punishing a whole cupboard and the boiler within. Bent all gas and water pipes beyond repair and funnelled a plasma tv and iPad through now easily openable from inside kitchen window. Cunts.

If it any more on topic I was watching doug Stanhope at the time.

hummingofevil

Cold. Hole in window in house making me cold.

rudi

That's really horrible; I've been burgled three times and it never fails to really stoke that special impotent brand of anger that you can't do anything with.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 09, 2012, 02:56:51 AM
Got little tiny window that never noticed before. It's got a cupboard on front of it with boiler inside. Silly scum decided to try (successfully) to get in house by smashing teeny window and then punishing a whole cupboard and the boiler within. Bent all gas and water pipes beyond repair and funnelled a plasma tv and iPad through now easily openable from inside kitchen window. Cunts.

Bloody hell! They mustn't have been worried about anyone hearing them.

Brunette Romana 2

That is really vile. Utter cunts. Hope you're not too shaken up, and you managed to get some sleep. x

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ginyard on March 09, 2012, 02:35:53 AM
Schindler's List.

Sorry mate. Horrible feeling.

If they come back, grab that baseball bat and stick this track on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgJ8xSfdBk

Use the intro to disorientate them as you flash the lights on and off then start beating them once the funk kicks in.

why isn't that in the funk thread?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 09, 2012, 03:05:15 AM
Cold. Hole in window in house making me cold.

Did he wake up this morning or was he too spirited away in the night?

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 09, 2012, 04:11:43 AM
Bloody hell! They mustn't have been worried about anyone hearing them.

This is what I was thinking.  What a horrible situation.

BlodwynPig

I assume this happened in the North-East, in which case i will bring my sack and hammer.

Milo

If they put the iPad online and it syncs with some sort of Apple account is there any hope of tracing them via the IP? My Google account gives me a list of logins including ones that happen from my Android phone.

hummingofevil

Thanks people. Things better now. Little pricks.

As for iPad, I have set u the iPad finder on my phone but dont have the same app on my missing iPad. Do I need that for it to work? Also, can you wipe an iPad easily to return to factory settings?

I think you might have needed to set it up on the iPad first.

But maybe you did without realising. You could try logging in with your Apple ID here: https://www.icloud.com/#find

EDIT: testing now, it might just be enough that you have backed up to iCloud. My iPad is fully set up with location services, and I can see it in the service. My iPod does not have the location services on (to save battery), so I can't see where it is - but I can send a message to it. And I assume set a lock code or remotely wipe the data. So if it is near some internet and connecting to it, you might be in luck.