Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:54:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The spring sun is burning

Started by RickyGerbail, March 11, 2012, 03:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyGerbail

It feels like someone has put a lamb right to my retina.

Zetetic

Spoiler alert
Well, someone had to.
[close]

Buelligan

Goldentony

Have you ever seen Getting Even With Dad?

Zetetic

Quote from: Buelligan on March 11, 2012, 03:49:48 PM
Silly Zetetic, that's a sheep!
I contend that having a sheep put next to your retina would feel like a lamb being placed next your retina.

BlodwynPig

it was roasting today...went for a 10 mile walk and got sunburn (North East England). It might have been wind burn as well. Saw two deer with white tails skipping rapidly away from my ambling frame. A flock of sheep scarpered in unison from the sound of me opening a gate.

Lyndon

I went for a 22 mile run and got sunburn and some weird light-headedness, perhaps dehydration, that meant I had to hitch-hike the last mile home. Way too hot. Looking forward to another summer of scorchers in April and October, and overcast temperateness in between.

Buelligan

It was clear, warm and sunny here too.  Spent the day putting up a ceiling.  Nice.

Replies From View

It's night time you silly old pricks.  Been dark for at least four hours.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on March 11, 2012, 10:54:10 PM
It's night time you silly old pricks.  Been dark for at least four hours.

Note the subtle use of the past tense.

Replies From View

Replies From View

I like lambs for their dribbly noses, and goats for their human children's teeth.

HappyTree

It's not spring until the 21st, in my little world.

Mr Eggs

Is it nearly Christmastime? That's when they let me out to see the winter sunset...

sirhenry

Just to remind those who go for long runs/walks - this time of year is when the thinnest part of the ozone layer is over the UK, so you're much more likely to get sunburn around Easter than in mid-Summer.

Enjoy

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sirhenry on March 12, 2012, 10:51:35 AM
Just to remind those who go for long runs/walks - this time of year is when the thinnest part of the ozone layer is over the UK, so you're much more likely to get sunburn around Easter than in mid-Summer.

Enjoy

That explains a lot - so much for this "getting healthy" lark - staying in doors and eating bovril from now on.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It was packed everywhere. The combination of good weather and a weekend creates a reaction of similar frenzy to cold-snap bulk-buying of bread and tinned goods.

Although I'm complaining, I would've felt like such a fucking loser if I'd stayed in all day.