Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:10:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blatant government corruption

Started by biggytitbo, March 12, 2012, 08:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who or what is most to blame for this

That time we let a fuckin dog go to space and didn't check what happened to it
0 (0%)
SKYNET
1 (12.5%)
Allowing people to not wear ties at work and letting them combine grey pants with black shirts
0 (0%)
Having too much aftershave on when on the bus
0 (0%)
Lying about waking up still drunk
0 (0%)
That camp guy from Quantum Leap with the machine thing
0 (0%)
ZOD
0 (0%)
That campaign to make sliding down a hill on a big mattress into an official sport
0 (0%)
The Artist Formerly Known As Prince
0 (0%)
Making 'going The Shop' for mundane things like 'bread' and 'milk' a normal every day thing
0 (0%)
David Cameron handing over government contracts in architecture to Yardies
0 (0%)
Putting an angry Australian man in charge of the official government car
0 (0%)
Rick James
0 (0%)
James Caan
0 (0%)
The proposal to make spam dodging a weekly activity
0 (0%)
The Alliance For Sociopaths & Landlords merger
0 (0%)
Replacing those Argentinian emeralds with M&M's
0 (0%)
Referring to hard on's as a lob on, boner, rod on, rock on, ronnie on or semi on
0 (0%)
Selling tits to the Chinese
1 (12.5%)
Giving people the right to an anal bath
0 (0%)
Craig Joyce and Andy Rourke
0 (0%)
Mick Fleetwood
0 (0%)
Tory plans to swap Omega 3 with 'Tit Juice'
0 (0%)
A small suspicious group of spanish guys
0 (0%)
The NWO - The wrestling group, not the actual NWO
1 (12.5%)
The Owl
0 (0%)
Atilla Da Booty Hunta
0 (0%)
The rise in titfucking compares to the steady fall in creampie enthusiasm
0 (0%)
The new 'Arena De Steamin' Great Hardon Up The Hole' Olympic Stadium
0 (0%)
Steptoe & Son being dubbed over with new angry Nigerian accents
0 (0%)
The new GDA guides including calorie content of underpants
0 (0%)
'blasting one off' in your enemies chops while they are asleep
0 (0%)
Government Whip Senor Kebab
0 (0%)
Allowing Cameron to replace the royal family with "women with the creamy thighs"
0 (0%)
Investing in a dildo
0 (0%)
Investing in more dildos
0 (0%)
Going for a poo and shitting out all the dildos you bought once
0 (0%)
Nev Camberlains River of Dildos speech
0 (0%)
Wham Rap
0 (0%)
Turning down the offer to develop a show where celebrities strip off for cash
0 (0%)
Norm Peterson
0 (0%)
Woody
0 (0%)
Captain Evil
0 (0%)
Mr. Bad
0 (0%)
Pinkos
0 (0%)
Oprah Winfrey
0 (0%)
Montel Jordan
0 (0%)
Most Bald People
0 (0%)
Christian Slater
0 (0%)
Repossessing Harriet Harmans Arsehole
0 (0%)
Failure to supply OAP's with a big plane called THE ULTIMATE FUCK
0 (0%)
Going for a wank too much
0 (0%)
Having a favourite Babestation performer
0 (0%)
Paying to see people's feet
0 (0%)
Mistaking most white people's mouths for a Fleshlight
0 (0%)
Having a piss in your mates gob while he is trying to navigate some parking
0 (0%)
Rewriting the words BUS STOP to say THATS ME NAN FUCKED THEN AYE
0 (0%)
Buying a flat and taking your old dad to see it, slamming the door and saying NOW YOU'RE MINE
0 (0%)
Talking too loudly on the phone like a tit
0 (0%)
Insisting that Frankenstein was asian
0 (0%)
Jimmie JJ Walker
0 (0%)
Rudy Huxtable
0 (0%)
Replacing all buses with 'Fuck Vans'
0 (0%)
Changing the term "going for a shit" to "going for a tit"
0 (0%)
Wiping your arse too hard and your arse coming off
0 (0%)
Cuthbert Lily
0 (0%)
Smart Arty
0 (0%)
Worlds worst superhero 'Anus Arse'
0 (0%)
Jarrod Rebecchi
0 (0%)
Bree Timmins
0 (0%)
stubbing your toe on the way into the shop and roaring "SHITTERS ALIVE"
0 (0%)
Opening a camping ground and changing the rules to NAE POT AN NAE SHAGGING
0 (0%)
EU demands to change swiss roll to Crap Roll
0 (0%)
Walking into a room and telling people you're "going for a turd"
0 (0%)
Insisting that it was Bernie Taupin and Elton Tits
0 (0%)
Putting Roman Showers on your CV under training
0 (0%)
Opening a vomitorium and then forgetting to install a ciggie machine
0 (0%)
Apologising during a blowjob
0 (0%)
Colin Gadaffi
0 (0%)
Idi Amin
0 (0%)
Ayatollah Guttenberg
0 (0%)
Walking into rooms and shouting CONFESS
0 (0%)
Eating a canada goose then shitting it back out onto the local RSPCA's reception desk
1 (12.5%)
Building a bridge over a local river and thenannouncing it is only to be used by "Titheads"
0 (0%)
Peoples general disregard for doing things normally or correctly
0 (0%)
Scratching yourself furiously during a wank
0 (0%)
Telling kids that hailstones are punishment for them "acting like pubes"
0 (0%)
Going into a shop and asking for the latest in male ebony footwear
0 (0%)
Shaving your arse and rubbing your stubbly hole on your mates face while others hold him down
0 (0%)
Going the job centre and asking where the shits at
0 (0%)
Organising a coke bust and then forgetting to wear pants on the day
0 (0%)
Writing a song called fuck all cunts who have jobs and kids
0 (0%)
Asking for "titty nipples" at Argos
0 (0%)
Asking people to get their "clits out"
0 (0%)
Dave Williams
0 (0%)
Rene Higuita
0 (0%)
Roberto Baggio
0 (0%)
Marco Van Basten
0 (0%)
Pat Nevin
0 (0%)
Duncan Ferguson
0 (0%)
Andre Kanchelskis
0 (0%)
Andy Hinchcliffe
0 (0%)
Daniel Amokachi
0 (0%)
Anders Limpar
1 (12.5%)
Neville Southall
0 (0%)
Nick Barmby
0 (0%)
Faustino Asprilla
0 (0%)
Tony Yeboah
0 (0%)
Gianfranco Zola
0 (0%)
Having a fetish about your lover being part wood
0 (0%)
Vomiting on your balls
0 (0%)
Renaming yourself TIT POLICE
0 (0%)
Asking people if you can eat their "shitholes"
0 (0%)
Fucking your dad
0 (0%)
Trying to blow yourself off
0 (0%)
Demonstrating that you can fit your head up your lovers vagina
0 (0%)
Celebrating international black and decker your tits off day
0 (0%)
Putting a gentlemans toilet sign on a blast furnace
0 (0%)
Going the beach with just socks on
0 (0%)
Entering the get a hard on championship
0 (0%)
Chasing people down the street with a severed dick
0 (0%)
Goignt o Thom Yorkes house with a load of dogshit and asking him where he wants it
0 (0%)
tainting evidence with your lob on juice
0 (0%)
MR MOTIVATOR
0 (0%)
CHRIS EUBANK
0 (0%)
M TYSON
0 (0%)
Painting the sistine chapel to feature Van Halen
0 (0%)
calling it the sixteen chapel
0 (0%)
Young People
0 (0%)
People Who Wear PVC
0 (0%)
North korea being reopened as a red light district for disgraced sportsmen
0 (0%)
Forcing newsreaders to suck your cock
0 (0%)
Walking into the neighbouring street and bellowing "FUCK THE POLICE" once a month for 10 years
0 (0%)
Going to wales and buying an ice cream and shoving it in your lovers face and going HAHA LOOK ITS POO EAT THE POO
0 (0%)
Not knowing why your lover wont eat your poo
0 (0%)
Including a test on the gay hanky code in the citienship test
0 (0%)
insisting you've just been eating fudge ice cream when people ask
0 (0%)
going up and down in elevators to fix your erectile problems
0 (0%)
Reforming Fat Larry's Band with skinny taiwanese people
0 (0%)
Hailing a taxi in Italy, getting in and telling the driver to take you where the fuck is
0 (0%)
Tying people to snooker tables
0 (0%)
Buying loads of snooker tables
0 (0%)
the snooker table warehouse asking why you want so many tables
0 (0%)
telling the snooker table shop to fuck off
0 (0%)
sending the snooker table shop an old tit in a box
0 (0%)
Imagining what Mary Portas fanny is like
0 (0%)
Collecting art but just the shit stuff so you can ring the tax man up and bellow "IM A CUNT" loads
0 (0%)
Insisting you pay peoples wages when you fuck them over so you dont feel bad
0 (0%)
Calling vaginas by the wrong slang term like Mary and Clapper
0 (0%)
Going the shop for  "a pair of delicious fuckholes"
0 (0%)
Going to Syria and installing Beppe from Eastenders as Witchfinder General
0 (0%)
Getting your masters in shoving things up your arse during rugby initiations
0 (0%)
Justifying all your decisions with "No viet cong ever called me a honky"
0 (0%)
Buying a car and going "AH THIS IS FUCKING SHIT THIS WHY DID I BUY A CAR"
0 (0%)
Buying a handmade jockstrap and going the dole in it
0 (0%)
Telling people you fisted Stephen Tin Tin Duffy
0 (0%)
Joining Erasure and doing a load of coke off Alan Yentobs rim
0 (0%)
Going on Come Dine With Me and serving up your own semen infused turds
0 (0%)
The gays and their need for constant sex
0 (0%)
Andrew Collins being his bumming self
0 (0%)
Sim City or whatever the fuck it's called
0 (0%)
Morgan Freeman sticking his dick in a penguin
0 (0%)
Gordon Fartleby of The Great Exclaimers
0 (0%)
Swansong McHandlebuck, AJ Senior, who expired last month of AIDS
0 (0%)
The semen-stained engine workers of Hull, nr. Lancaster
0 (0%)
I invented GPS you cunts.  Spin on it!
0 (0%)
Bum Gravy
0 (0%)
Dumpy's Rusty Nuts
1 (12.5%)
an tSaoi
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

ZoyzaSorris

20x20000 is 400,000 by the way. Obviously one cannot put the entirety of one's pre-tax income towards the mortgage though, so the point that it is ridiculous still stands.

George Oscar Bluth II

Shit maths from me there. Really shit maths.

But yes, ten year's salary for a house is still insane.

biggytitbo

Quote from: MojoJojo on March 12, 2012, 04:30:18 PM
On what basis is it rational? The initial motivation was to get rid of social housing, with a useful bribe to the electorate a bonus. And it's the removal of social housing that has been the single biggest cause of uncontrolled rents and house prices. Dodgy mortgage lending and government interference made it worse, but if we still had a decent level of social housing, with affordable rent s, there could never have been a bubble.
(I'm talking here about Thatcher's specific policy of encouraging people to buy their council house, and selling below market rates).
It was a rational policy in a wider environment were new council housing was still been built and the general housing market was still grounded in reality. That situation didn't last the 80's though and that policy is now as irrational as the whole of our dysfunctional housing market is in this country.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on March 12, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
But yes, ten year's salary for a house is still insane.

And still innaccurate :-P

The actual figure paid will be nearer your 20 times salary once interest accrued over 20 years mortgage term is taken into account

But you can either sit at the side griping about the justice, which is an entirely reasonable thing to do BTW IMO, or if owning a home one day is something you want to do, then just get on with it and go about your life, because another 5 years will pass, people will still be moaning about house prices, but you could be 25% of the way towards owning yours regardless of how much it might be "worth"........

biggytitbo

Economic reality will eventually impose itself though. THere is simply not enough money for people to afford housing at current levels unless 1 of 2 things happens:

1 - We all suddenly get massive wage increases
2 - We return to full on fraud in the mortgage market and a massive new bubble.

In my opinion those 2 things are about as likely to happen as me riding down the high street on a giant puppy. Government fiddling will only delay the inevitable crash so long, so if you are lured into buying with these schemes you are going to get destroyed in the future. Don't touch it with a bargpole.

Replies From View

Blinder Data

Even my girlfriend, whose opinions on the political and economic situation are rarely expressed, balked at the proposal: "Why are they doing that? Surely helping people buy houses they can't afford got us into this mess?"

My Labour-supporting friend said to me at the last election that the next Tory government would never be "as on my side" as the last one. I fucking hate Labour, but this government is truly a shower of cunts.

thepuffpastryhangman

Quotereality

that assumes people never die. We shouldn't ignore the fact most housing is 'traded', eg.. Dead dada's country pile is sold off and several suburban piles paid off with proceeds. In this way the 'bubble' inflates itself and serves and protects all involved.

This isn't trickle down madness, the 'trades' occur at all levels.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 12, 2012, 05:27:29 PM
Economic reality will eventually impose itself though. THere is simply not enough money for people to afford housing at current levels unless 1 of 2 things happens:

1 - We all suddenly get massive wage increases
2 - We return to full on fraud in the mortgage market and a massive new bubble.

In my opinion those 2 things are about as likely to happen as me riding down the high street on a giant puppy. Government fiddling will only delay the inevitable crash so long, so if you are lured into buying with these schemes you are going to get destroyed in the future. Don't touch it with a bargpole.

I don't disagree BT, but I heard those exact same arguments being made back in 2003 and I could be 9 years into a mortgage if I'd ignored those sane voices :(

My fabulous wealth is well documented, but even taking that into account, I am able to comfortably afford a decent end terrace starter/2nd home type place on my own.

And there are plenty of places a lot cheaper than this around here. I borrowed 3x salary, so people borrowing 4x on less than me can afford starter homes around here as it stands.

I fail to see where the catastrophic collapse will happen. I think house prices will bumble along up a bit and down a bit for 10 maybe 20 years with inflation slowly eroding their over-valuation

But you could have a mortgage paid off during that time......

You pays your money, you takes your chances. If it doesn't skint you, then buy. If there is a massive collapse then everyone is fucked and we might all get our debts written off

I'd rather be in a place paying a mortgage than not, that's what it comes down to at the moment. If I lose my job or the world implodes then we'll cross that bridge etc

Replies From View

So who fucked up the poll then?  Thanks for that.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on March 12, 2012, 06:10:09 PM
I don't disagree BT, but I heard those exact same arguments being made back in 2003 and I could be 9 years into a mortgage if I'd ignored those sane voices :(
Or to put it another way 'trapped' in a property.

When the governments life support of this corpse stops working is the golden question really. Possibly there won't be any single big crash, rather a long, multi decade great stagnation. Who knows really, but the maths on this is rock solid. People physically don't have access to the money to buy houses at current prices unless there's widescale fraudulent lending, so the only certainty is we either remain in a market that's total frozen or prices go down. We aren't going back to the 'boom' times or anything like them for many many years, if ever.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 12, 2012, 05:17:40 PM
It was a rational policy in a wider environment were new council housing was still been built and the general housing market was still grounded in reality. That situation didn't last the 80's though and that policy is now as irrational as the whole of our dysfunctional housing market is in this country.

It wasn't a rational policy. It was an ideologically driven policy that contributed to the situation we have now.

biggytitbo

No what contributed to where we are now was selling off council housing without replacing it. Letting people buy their council house and replacing the stock of social housing at the same time is a good idea.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on March 12, 2012, 06:10:09 PM
And there are plenty of places a lot cheaper than this around here. I borrowed 3x salary, so people borrowing 4x on less than me can afford starter homes around here as it stands.

Where does that leave someone earning a third of your salary?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 12, 2012, 07:46:51 PM
No what contributed to where we are now was selling off council housing without replacing it.

But that, as MojoJojo pointed out, was the ideological goal. It's the removal of state influence and turning everything over to the private sector. Building more council houses would have been contrary to the plan.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 12, 2012, 07:49:12 PM
Where does that leave someone earning a third of your salary?

Renting or buying with their partner?

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 12, 2012, 06:23:28 PM
Or to put it another way 'trapped' in a property.

eh? how do you work that one out?

I'd be almost half way through my mortgage and would've seen 9 years of inflationary pay rises

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on March 12, 2012, 07:56:33 PM
Renting or buying with their partner?

eh? how do you work that one out?

I'd be almost half way through my mortgage and would've seen 9 years of inflationary pay rises
Someone buying in this scheme would be in instant negative equity and would stay there for a very long time, trapped in the property and unable to sell.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Ok we're talking about different things.

I'm saying that, if I'd ignored the tin foil hat morons on housepricecrash in 2003, I would've been 9 years into a mortgage and they're still banging the same drum now

The drum still sounds right to me though, for what it's worth

As it was, I wasn't really seriously thinking about buying back then. I was in my mid-twenties and was happy renting with the GF at the time

But plenty of people on that forum were and still are repeating mantras like members of a cult. The arguments are morally just in most instances, and probably based on sound financial theories, but are STILL not coming to fruition

Without wanting to obsess too much about that place, it's clear that a lot of the people claiming to be standing up for first time buyers who cannot afford to buy are simply people on the other side of the gamble; those who sold up hoping to make a killing from the high sale price of their house by buying cheap places during a crash

Just as reprehensible as ruthless BTL landlords and lenders during the boom, they just backed the wrong horse

MojoJojo

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 12, 2012, 05:17:40 PM

How was forcing councils to sell housing at a loss rational?

Do you think being forced to sell social housing at a loss might have had something to do with why councils stopped building social housing?

Slightly baffled why you are defending right to buy, when it's clear that was when housing in the UK started going mental.

biggytitbo

Quote from: MojoJojo on March 12, 2012, 08:45:53 PM
How was forcing councils to sell housing at a loss rational?

Do you think being forced to sell social housing at a loss might have had something to do with why councils stopped building social housing?

Slightly baffled why you are defending right to buy, when it's clear that was when housing in the UK started going mental.
Although it was later much abused, many ordinary, low income hard working people were able to own their own homes, homes that they'd already invested a considerable amount of money in, and I think that was a good thing. The current woeful situation was caused by a number of factors that started in the 80s, accelerated in the 90s and went totally crazy in the 2000s. The right to buy stuff was part of it but only because they failed to put the policy in  the proper context, it wasnt bad in itself.

MojoJojo

Well, yes, if you approve of the government giving money to people so they can own a house.

What were you complaining about again?

biggytitbo

The government propping up house prices, taking money from construction companies to push through favourable measures, luring people into negative equity, encouraging all the behaviour that lead to the biggest economic crash in history, pricing millions of people out of home ownership, pushing up rents, neglecting social housing, overseeing a transfer of wealth from the poor, workers and savers to landowners, speculators, BTL investors and the reckless.

Just that sort of thing really.

MojoJojo

So you're against Right to Buy then?

biggytitbo

Pretty sure I already said I am yes, about 5 times. It's quite abundantly clearly not the correct policy to pursue in such a woefully dysfunctional market.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteTelling kids that hailstones are punishment for them "acting like pubes"

Fantastic.