Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:35:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Succession - Season 4

Started by Bobloblawslawbomb, January 26, 2023, 04:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://youtu.be/sWlURhM5P5Q

Official trailer for the new season starting on March 26th.

Hugely excited by this, interested to see where the siblings go from the devastation of the season 3 finale.

Wambsgans looks to have a pivotal role, so very much looking forward to see how hard Logan will fuck him at some point in the series.

Connors wedding has the potential to be a comedic goldmine as well.

Inspector Norse

Hell yeah.

Given that each series so far has involved one of the Roy siblings seemingly getting into pole position then fucking it up, I guess the plan is that it's WAMBSGANS turn this time out. And I wonder if the fact that the whole "Tom's going to prison" sideplot last time round ended up being brushed off with Tom in the ascendancy might mean he's going to get a very very nasty comeuppance in the end, worse than he'd ever imagined?

On the other hand, I think (and I'm sure you all agree!) that the rise-and-fall structure is probably played out now and the plot needs to go in a different direction. As long as there is plenty of Tom 'n Greg dialogue and a deeper delve into the day-to-day life of Connor Roy, I'm happy.

I'm really hoping that the 'Connor running for president' storyline gets featured more. Could be some interesting potential friction with the far-right guy that Logan is backing.

iamcoop

CANNOT.FUCKING.WAIT

WAMBSGANS

poo

TrenterPercenter

The best TV show of the last decade.  Already started rewatching it from the beginning in preparation for season 4.

Alberon

Latecomer to Succession and we binged all three seasons last year.

This year has to have a different format, but I do think it might be the last. Nothing wrong with that if it's all planned. The trailer does make it look as sharp as always.

centristmelt

Just here for Cousin Greg glory arc

TheGingerAlien

Memorex MP3

Felt like it was getting very stale last season and it'd really need to be looking at wrapping up by season 5 but my hunch is that they're thinking about a sixth or maybe even seventh season.

Reckon there's a 50/50 chance of this being the season I totally lose interest.

backdrifter

Interesting, I thought s3 was on fire.

dontpaintyourteeth

thought season 3 was great

Blue Jam

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on January 26, 2023, 06:22:51 PMI'm really hoping that the 'Connor running for president' storyline gets featured more. Could be some interesting potential friction with the far-right guy that Logan is backing.

Spoiler alert
Just looked on IMDB. One of the new characters is "Connor's Campaign Manager". YESSSSSSS!
[close]

dontpaintyourteeth

Blue Jam

Willa will make a lovely First Call Girl of the United States.

Hat FM

i always presumed it would end with conor as pres.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Hat FM on February 16, 2023, 01:57:41 PMi always presumed it would end with conor as pres.

It probably would if Armando Iannucci was the writer.

Stranger things have happened of course.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 16, 2023, 12:46:36 PMWilla will make a lovely First Call Girl of the United States.

The book already exists.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: kitsofan34 on February 24, 2023, 08:28:08 AMhttps://www.indiewire.com/2023/02/succession-ending-season-4-hbo-1234812986/

It's finishing after this series! Wow.
[/quote

Previously, Armstrong has said that the show will end sooner rather than later and said that there's only so much you can do with it.

After season 3, he wouldn't comment if the next one would be the last but from interviews, my feeling was there was a very good chance it was or that there might be two at most.

Blue Jam

Jezza Strong's reply:

https://www.gq.com/story/jeremy-strong-march-cover-profile

Quote"Everyone's entitled to have their feelings. I also think Brian Cox, for example, he's earned the right to say whatever the fuck he wants. There was no need to address that or do damage control.... I feel a lot of love for my siblings and my father on the show."

"I'm not your father, Jeremy. Now fuck off."

Blue Jam

...and for £572 Brian Cox will tell YOU to fuck off:

https://www.cameo.com/brian_cox

selectivememory

He did come out in support of JK Rowling recently though, so I have to be #TeamKendall here just on principle. 

Mixed feeling about it ending. I think it's probably for the best, even if part of me wants it to go on forever. I trust them to stick the landing and I'm expecting a great final season.

phantom_power

Quote from: selectivememory on February 24, 2023, 01:35:06 PMHe did come out in support of JK Rowling recently though,

I think that was more on general principle though, and potentially misguided and being ill-informed about the specifics, rather than being team TERF

selectivememory

Yeah, I think there are a lot of older people who take that line. Not gonna let it spoil my enjoyment of his work.

Anyway, sorry for bringing it up, no need for this to become another one of those threads.

Blue Jam

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/brian-cox-backs-jk-rowling-transgender-backlash-1235302678/

QuoteCox, who plays patriarch Logan Roy on HBO's Succession, recently appeared on the BBC talk program Sunday With Laura Kuenssberg. During the interview, the Scottish actor described himself as "very proud" that the country's Parliament last month voted to approve legislation allowing transgender people to change their legal gender without requiring any medical diagnosis.

Yeah, he's no Glinner.

Alberon

Quote from: selectivememory on February 24, 2023, 01:35:06 PMMixed feeling about it ending. I think it's probably for the best, even if part of me wants it to go on forever. I trust them to stick the landing and I'm expecting a great final season.

Better to have a proper planned ending than to sputter out over three or four more seasons. But there is a very slight possibility of a different show in the same universe. From an interview with Jesse Armstrong.

QuoteI do think that this succession story that we were telling is complete. This is the muscular season to exhaust all our reserves of interest, and I think there's some pain in all these characters that's really strong. But the feeling that there could be something else in an allied world, or allied characters, or some of the same characters—that's also strong in me. I have caveated the end of the show, when I've talked to some of my collaborators, like: Maybe there's another part of this world we could come back to, if there was an appetite? Maybe there's something else that could be done, that harnessed what's been good about the way we've worked on this. So that is another true feeling.

President Connor?

dr beat

Does sound like they are considering doing a BCS type job, dunno whether that would be as a prequel or not.