Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lessons In Chemistry

Started by Better Midlands, October 24, 2023, 01:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteSet in the 1950s, Elizabeth Zott's dream of being a chemist is put on hold when she finds herself pregnant, alone, and fired from her lab.

Nice looking show set in the 50's three episodes in and shaping up nicely, Beau Bridges & Marc Evan Jackson popped up briefly in the third episode.

There's a lovely labradoodle too.

jobotic

It has interesting parts and a brilliant soundtrack (when it's not just generic sad music) and Brie Larson is really good. It's...not much though is it? And that bit where the dog started narrating? Fucks sake.

Grateful to it for introducing me to this though

Quote from: jobotic on November 28, 2023, 10:41:15 PMIt's...not much though is it?

Fair comment, I'm a sucker for nicely shot shows set in mid-20th century America and enjoyed this overall.

Quote from: jobotic on November 28, 2023, 10:41:15 PMAnd that bit where the dog started narrating? Fucks sake.

I quite liked that and it was only one episode :)

shoulders

Life rarely follows a formula...but why do I feel like I've already seen it.

Blue Jam

This is a bit wank, sorry. Nah, not for me.

Dex Sawash

Bored the tits off both of us but we watched the whole thing, glad it's over now.