Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts 23/24

Started by bgmnts, November 14, 2023, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Unsure if anyone gives a fuck about the darts but I watch the occasional tournament and that.

Grand slam is currently underway and there are THREE ladies in it! How's that for progress?

Also, Michael Van Gerwen is somehow only 34, despite playing professional darts for what feels like 20 years.

DrGreggles

Only really tune in for the world championships, but that's generally all I need.

dr beat

Steve Faeces

Don't have many favourite darts players but quite a lot I dislike (an admittedly unhealthy way to follow a sport) and one of them, Michael Smith is playing tonight. I'd like Luke Humphries to win which is handy as he's the favourite. 

I'm going tomorrow for the afternoon session, looking forward to the Dave Chisnall match.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Steve Faeces on December 15, 2023, 06:58:17 PMDon't have many favourite darts players but quite a lot I dislike (an admittedly unhealthy way to follow a sport) and one of them, Michael Smith is playing tonight. I'd like Luke Humphries to win which is handy as he's the favourite. 

I'm going tomorrow for the afternoon session, looking forward to the Dave Chisnall match.

Fair dos, though, a lot of darts players do make it very easy to dislike them. Smith is looking very dodgy already.

Indomitable Spirit

Absolutely no way this lad is 16

Yussef Dent

I remember seeing him in the Youth Championships for the first time and thinking they were putting up the wrong graphics. That was seriously bloody impressive though.

Peter Wright on now, one set down against ex-Lakeside finalist Jim Williams, not a great match so far. I cannot for the life of me get my head around why he changes his darts so much, you'd think after winning a couple of world titles you'd at least be settled. Apparently MVG played with his original McKicks darts he had since he turned pro for years despite not being sponsored by them.

Also, the Ally Pally wasp is back!

Steve Faeces

I like Peter Wright, be a shame to see him go out but he's playing terribly.

Was delighted to see James Wade take an early exit.

DrGreggles

shoulders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/67723713

Prepare yourself for the world's oldest 16 year old.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on December 20, 2023, 09:09:35 PMAbsolutely no way this lad is 16

The small child is on again now.
Seemingly against Al Needham.

Steve Faeces

God, he's very good this strapping young lad isn't he?

shoulders

I wonder what it would be like to eat the delicious porky cunt, mmmm *slather*

shiftwork2

Asked to guess his age I'd lowball it out of politeness and say '29?'.

DrGreggles

He's making an early start on that combover.

dr beat

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on December 20, 2023, 09:09:35 PMAbsolutely no way this lad is 16

Ah, born in Runcorn, that explains it.

Indomitable Spirit

When nanna gets you 20000 FIFA points for Christmas

dr beat

So if Luke Littler was born in Runcorn, that must mean he was born in Halton Hospital, practically part of CaB favourite Runcorn Shopping City* and now residing in what has been renamed (for now) after an even bigger CaB favourite, The Captain Sir Tom Moore Building.

*which also houses a Magistrates Court.  All under one roof! I also did work experience at 14 there at the Runcorn & Widnes Weekly News.  It was exactly like All The Presidents Men.

dr beat

Blue Jam

GWAAAAAAARN Gog from Peep Show Ryan Searle

Gulftastic

I hope Schindler (or 'the German' as the commentators think he's called) wins just to ram it to the crowd. Set of ill mannered twats

Sadly not. Schindler's missed.

sevendaughters

Quote from: dr beat on December 22, 2023, 06:49:31 PMSo if Luke Littler was born in Runcorn, that must mean he was born in Halton Hospital, practically part of CaB favourite Runcorn Shopping City* and now residing in what has been renamed (for now) after an even bigger CaB favourite, The Captain Sir Tom Moore Building.

wonder if he's ever walked across Silver Jubilee Bridge.

sevendaughters

the stage cheerleaders trying to vibe off Wonderwall during Gabriel Clemens' entrance was dartsolation.

DrGreggles

Y'know that brilliant Barney vs Taylor final, that definitely wasn't that long ago.
Well, Luke Littler was born after that.

Shit, I'm old...

Blue Jam

"John Part" is a funny name.

Yussef Dent

Littler's potential run to the final now is van Barneveld, Price, Smith and van Gerwen, which is f***ing nuts if that happens and he manages to take the title. A lot quietly going about it though whilst all the focus is on the lad (and also, was flying back to Canada for Christmas ideal preparation by Campbell for this match?) van Gerwen looks like there's more to come from him n'all.

Indomitable Spirit

Looks like one of us, in fact I'd say 50 percent of darts players resemble us forum  dwellers.

DrGreggles

Thursday

How does a casual newbie decide who to support in the darts? I need to know the players voting records/which one's are problematic.