Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:32:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kim Jong Illest (deeeeeeeeaad)

Started by Garfield And Friends, December 19, 2011, 03:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So ronery, so dead.

Not as good as Kim Wilde nor Kim Possible, but better than Kim Kardashian.

Noodle Lizard

Shows how much I know, I wasn't even aware Kim Jong was ill.

(I thank you)

Well I'm going to be the controversial one and say good bloody riddance. That's right, I said it.

chocky909

Kim Jong Ill? More like Kim Jong dead! Yeah?

The funeral march will be like this, with a smidgen less sexiness/happiness.

Slaaaaabs

Died of mental and physical fatigue on a train apparently. So doing a crossword while having a shit then?

I just realised that I didn't provide a citation, and no one called me on it. Obviously I'm universally trusted!

Hmmmmm. I must remember that for the next Thatcher thread...

biggytitbo

Danger Man

Kim was a big Joy Division fan

NOT THEM!!!

This lot..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kippumjo

QuoteThe Gippeumjo (translated variously as Pleasure Group, Pleasure Groups, Pleasure Squad, Pleasure Brigade, Joy Brigade, or Joy Division) is a collection of groups of approximately 2,000 women and girls between the ages of 13 and 40 (although most are believed to be between 18 and 25), which are maintained by the head of state of North Korea for the purpose of providing pleasure and entertainment for high-ranking Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) officials and their families, as well as occasionally also distinguished guests.

Each pleasure group is composed of three teams:
1.Manjokjo (hangul: 만족조; hanja: 滿足組) – a satisfaction team (which provides sexual services)
2.Haengbokjo (hangul: 행복조; hanja: 幸福組) – a happiness team (which provides massages)
3.Gamujo (hangul: 가무조; hanja: 歌舞組) – a dancing and singing team (whose members are sometimes asked to dance semi-nude)[

Crazy name, crazy guy.

biggytitbo

Do you think Kim ever believed any of this stuff or was he just doing it for a joke?

biggytitbo

This is a fun top 10 of crazy Kim facts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4iC5Gtzk8&feature=youtu.be

It misses off the best one though:
QuoteHe was the best golfer the world has ever seen
In 1994, Pyongyang media reported that Kim Jong-il shot an amazing 11 holes-in-one to achieve an unprecedented 38-under-par game on a regulation 18-hole golf course - on his first try at golf.

BlodwynPig

Can we now expect the inevitable Ricky Gervais biopic "Kim's II Short"

Some Herbert

A very sad day for all love decency and equality in the world. Kim Jong-il was a great man and he will be hugely missed by his people.

Not that I'd expect any of you filthy capitalist scumbags to give a shit. You're too busy accumulating wealth and worldly goods to care about the passing of a towering statesman like the Dear Leader. Enjoy your Mr Cameron, he's about the best you can hope for in your cesspit of a nation.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Some Herbert on December 19, 2011, 09:39:50 AM
A very sad day for all love decency and equality in the world. Kim Jong-il was a great man and he will be hugely missed by his people.

Not that I'd expect any of you filthy capitalist scumbags to give a shit. You're too busy accumulating wealth and worldly goods to care about the passing of a towering statesman like the Dear Leader. Enjoy your Mr Cameron, he's about the best you can hope for in your cesspit of a nation.

Are you joking or are you that juche mentalist that occasionally comes by?

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on December 19, 2011, 09:49:04 AM

Both?

Barberism

I'm going back to South Korea in February. Should be interesting.

Zetetic

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on December 19, 2011, 09:49:04 AM
Ah, yes. Juche Mentalist. Not the worst use of The Mentalist format, but having every case solved by Kim Il Sung tell his son the answer did rather kill the tension.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Some Herbert on December 19, 2011, 09:39:50 AM

But we hate Cameron too!  In case you hadn't noticed we're not accumulating wealth and worldly good anymore, we're all finally starting to pay for our capitalist crimes as the billionaires at the top of the pile enslave the rest of us.  Get with the programme!

EDIT: Don't you live in West Wales?  Is Cameron not screwing you too?

Some Herbert

I'm perfectly serious. Mr Kim was a truly great man, and a brave one too, for standing up to the disgusting wretches that perpetrate their despicable capitalist crimes across the globe. The loss of Kim Jong-il, the Dear Leader, is a tragic blow to the only nation left leading the good fight against the forces of darkness and despair. I'm gutted he's gone.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Some Herbert on December 19, 2011, 10:28:45 AM
I'm perfectly serious.

So am I!  I'm not about to profess love for a man that's forcibly fucking me.  I'm just a little taken aback as you're writing as if you don't live here.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Some Herbert on December 19, 2011, 10:28:45 AM
I'm perfectly serious. Mr Kim was a truly great man, and a brave one too, for standing up to the disgusting wretches that perpetrate their despicable capitalist crimes across the globe. The loss of Kim Jong-il, the Dear Leader, is a tragic blow to the only nation left leading the good fight against the forces of darkness and despair. I'm gutted he's gone.

Fidel and Raul Castro leave thread disappointed.

As does, er, this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr%C6%B0%C6%A1ng_T%E1%BA%A5n_Sang

Alberon

Quote from: Barberism on December 19, 2011, 10:07:13 AM
I'm going back to South Korea in February. Should be interesting.

Assuming its still there, of course.

So what next for North Korea? As usual with such a very unusual country no one knows. Will there be a period of quiet as the handover happens? Will the new leader want to make some military strike to show his power? Or will the third Kim end up a puppet of the older military leaders?

biggytitbo

Here's some North Korean zingers:

Quote- An Englishman, a Frenchman, and a North Korean are having a chat. The Englishman says: "I feel happiest when I'm at home, my wool pants on, sitting in front of the fireplace."

The Frenchman, a ladies' man, says: "You English people are so conventional. I feel happiest when I go to a Mediterranean beach with a beautiful blonde-haired woman, and we do what we've got to do on the way back."

The North Korean man says: "In the middle of the night, the secret police knock on the door, shouting: Kang Sung-Mee, you're under arrest! And I say, Kang Sung-Mee doesn't live here, but right next door! That's when we're happiest!"

QuoteUnder the watchful eye of their supervisors, each team gets a mouse, then lets it loose, and the mouse runs up a big mountain.

The winning team is the one that manages to catch and bring back the mouse in the shortest time.

The Chinese police employ human wave tactics, combing every square inch on the mountain in their thousands.

They capture and return the mouse after only one day's search.

The Japanese policemen use a smell detector, and after only half a day, they detect the mouse hole, search it, catch the mouse and bring it back.

The Russian cops send a robot equipped with a heat-seeking device up the mountain.

The robot locates all the mammals on the mountain and after only three hours the Russians capture and bring back the mouse.

The only ones left now are the American and North Korean police officers.

The Americans use a satellite signal device to locate the mouse, and then send in a mechanical gadget that looks like a snake gliding up the mountain.

The gadget gets into the mouse hole, catches the mouse and brings it back after only one hour.

The North Koreans are last.

Although the supervisors are watching, none of them makes a move, there is no brainstorming, and no one comes up with a plan of action, nothing at all.

After only about 10 minutes, a few North Korean police officers show up dragging a dog before the supervisors, saying they've found the mouse.

All the supervisors are puzzled: "What are you doing? It is not a dog you were supposed to catch! Weren't you supposed to catch a mouse?"

Instead of answering, the North Korean cops drag the dog through the dirt and repeatedly kick it in the ribs.

The sobbing dog suddenly starts to talk: "Stop, stop, please stop! Yes, I confess, I'm a mouse! I'm a mouse, please concede that I'm a mouse, or else they're going to kill me!"

Quote- Two men are talking on a Pyongyang subway train:

"How are you, comrade?"

"Fine, how are you doing?"

"Comrade, by any chance, do you work for the Central Committee of the Workers' Party?"

"No, I don't."

"Have you worked for the Central Committee before?"

"No, I haven't."

"Then, are any of your family members working for the Central Committee?"

"Nope."

"Then, get away from me! You're standing on my foot!"

Santa's Boyfriend

Here's a catchy chart topping tune from the Korean People's Army:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1zmNvFnzgM&feature=channel_video_title

Fascinating stuff, structurally etc it sounds an awful lot like a Russian tune.

Some Herbert

Quote from: Alberon on December 19, 2011, 11:00:55 AM
Will the new leader want to make some military strike to show his power? Or will the third Kim end up a puppet of the older military leaders?

I see you've been eagerly lapping up the lies told by the capitalist media. Why would the Great Successor want to launch a military strike? The DPRK is a peace-loving nation that only responds with military force when its southern neighbour aggresively postures and threatens its superior foe.

momatt

I would love to know if he ever watched Team America.  It would be such a pity if he had died without seeing it.

Or maybe that hillarity is what caused his fatal heart attack?

Makes me think of this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/5122031/South-Park-creators-given-signed-photo-of-Saddam-Hussein.html

CaledonianGonzo

What's your view of the North Korean Famine - the so-called Arduous March - Some Herbert?

Alberon

Looks like North Korea launched a short range missile in a 'test' this morning. A very muted response by their standards.