Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Old people using rap language

Started by Goldentony, December 20, 2011, 08:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

Since the dawn of time itself man has agreed that old people, real or fictional, using hip hop or rap language is absolutely 100% not fucking funny. Old people being involved in any sort of rap based situation that inlcudes them saying BOOYAKASHA or indeed even going as far as rapping.

What  convinces rich executives or twats in jeans with too many pockets on them that old people being involved in hip hop is at all funny? Would Bodycount have been funny if they had been fronted by Richard Briers instead of Ice T? No. They fucking would not have. They wouldnt be the best band in the world and no one would give a shit.

Please list all your examples of old people being forced to do unfunny things for your enjoyment here, now

sirhenry

Quote from: Goldentony on December 20, 2011, 08:48:37 PM
Please list all your examples of old people being forced to do unfunny things for your enjoyment here, now
You must remember my CaB radio shows when I used to get drunk and read the chatroom...

The Giggling Bean

Absoluetly. I 100% agree. This is one of my most hated Hollywood cliches. Nothing is guaranteed to wipe a smile off my face or wish instant bad karma on hack screenwriters who think it's hillarious to have old people rapping or involved in any other age inappropriate music dickery.

chocky909

Ah but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1rjCZxtxo

... the original is usually the best and the reason why it's emulated so cheaply. I particularly loathe that Welsh neighbour old woman in Gavin and Stacey who hilariously has a high sex drive and swears like a much younger person. Unfortunately the actor is about as talented as the Innkeeper in my nephew's most recent Nativity play and this makes the joke fall totally flat. When you do this kind of silly contrast comedy you've got to do it well and straight. Big Train based 80% of the series on this basic template but generally did it very well. Unfortunately, shitty Adam Sandler/Martin Lawrence Hollywood comedies are aimed at people that haven't seen Big Train or Airplane... ooh that rhymes.

alan nagsworth

About six years ago my grandfather came to pick me up one bleary sunday morning when I was too exhausted to walk the five miles home from the woods, after spending the evening getting as high as I could just to stay on a par with my pill-guzzling friends, as was the routine every weekend of the summer of 2005. In the car on the way home, he and my nan were questioning just what we spent the whole evening doing, and my grandpa asked, 'do you just sit around a fire cooking beans all night?' to which my nan replied 'They don't need beans, they've got those spliffs haven't they'.

I think my grandparents, having been subjected to the drug-fuelled punk rock antics of their son through the late '70s/early '80s, have managed to build up a bit of a weird fascination with what goes on in these quiet circles where people get together and smoke weed. About a week ago we went out and my grandpa was telling me about this youtube video he'd watched with Shel Silverstein and Dr Hook singer Dennis Locorriere getting baked and singing 'Silvia's Mother' and my gramps was saying 'and they're all sitting there stoned out of their minds you know, like...' and then he imitates the toking of a reefer butt in a really gangsta 'pinching the roach tight and squinting obscenely' way, it was great.

Dead kate moss

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Dead kate moss on December 20, 2011, 10:45:42 PM
Chuck D is 56 years old.

Yet he still sounded infinitely more cool than Dave Pearce, who must be nearly a decade younger, on that BBC interview last year. So it's how you carry yourself "innit"

It will be interesting to hear what everyday conversation amongst old folk will be in about 2045. Imagine what we think of old people who openly swear and talk about knobs and anal sex, or how big their shit was last night. Well, fast forward and that's us. How debased will the younger generations have to be to stay ahead???

Mary is not amused

Dead kate moss

Dead kate moss

Mary is not amused

Chuck has never seen Professor Grif's house-bound mother, despite constant referrals to her and her care.  Nevertheless, she exists.

Mrs. D's friend, Flavor Warbooooois, presence is tolerated, albeit grudgingly.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

It's funny because it's incongruous! I guess you dont find babies smoking Winston Churchil cigars or dogs riding skateboards funny either.

Don_Preston

Of course, the Golden Age of Hip-Hop coincided with the Golden Age of Hollywood, so they're bound to have a slightly dated reference point.

Beagle 2

The actual content of this sketch is fairly weak, but if you just watch Stephen Fry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7geU-4MPOE

copylight

What is this "rap language" you speak of?

Johnny Yesno

Not forgetting old people talking about their complaints: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhrtS4NAd2s

Ah... just seen the first tag. Somebody get me a microphone...

fabia

Spam.