Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quickest Fall From Fame

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 08, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Didn't The Zutons attempt a reunion a couple years back? Don't think it resulted in any new material, mind

I liked them too. Especially Abi

DrGreggles

I think most of them are still together as The Zutons.
Sure I saw them listed on a festival line up recently.

Abi was (and might still be) in The Lightning Seeds too.

Rolf Harris's was one of the most precipitous descents.

dontpaintyourteeth

Langdale

I saw The Zutons at Leicester Charlotte around 2002ish. They had a band called The Basement on with them who I confidently predicted would be huge whilst the Zutons would probably never be heard of again.

Ferris

Listening to the Zutons debut now, it's brilliant.

Twilkes

Quote from: 23 Daves on April 24, 2015, 09:52:15 AMBritain's funniest teenage stand-up comedian Alex Langdon (circa 1990)! What the hell happened to him?

He ended up taking the lead part in the youth audience sit-com "Diary of a Teenage Health Freak" for two series, then... er... not a lot else.

Wow - I'd been trying to remember this guy's name for months. Remember seeing a documentary (possibly the 6pm BBC2 'cool' slot) about standup comedy back then, he was one of them ("Children's names these days. I blame the parents.") and a young Scottish guy with glasses ("I don't know if you know anything about fashion, well I can see that you don't, but...") whose name I also don't remember but I wonder where he is now...

Kankurette

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 30, 2022, 11:50:01 AMI think most of them are still together as The Zutons.
Sure I saw them listed on a festival line up recently.

Abi was (and might still be) in The Lightning Seeds too.
Abi did play keyboards with them for a bit but she wasn't at the Jollification gig I went to, they had a different woman. I hope they get Abi back, I liked her in the Zutons. She's also in a band called Abichan. Dave is doing solo stuff as well IIRC. I absolutely loved their first album, it always reminds me of starting university.

One of my cousins worked with Little Boots, I think he photographed her tour. She was hyped to death and then her album flopped. Daisy Dares You was an even more extreme example of someone who got a ton of hype and then, nothing. As for Duffy...don't look up what happened to her unless you have a strong stomach. It was disturbing. (She's not dead, but she was abused for ages.)

Twilkes

Quote from: Twilkes on October 30, 2022, 11:48:07 PMWow - I'd been trying to remember this guy's name for months. Remember seeing a documentary (possibly the 6pm BBC2 'cool' slot) about standup comedy back then, he was one of them ("Children's names these days. I blame the parents.") and a young Scottish guy with glasses ("I don't know if you know anything about fashion, well I can see that you don't, but...") whose name I also don't remember but I wonder where he is now...

So it was answered in the thread but I'd missed it - Paul Bristow (not the MP) who has no trace of a comedy career but seems to be making a living through writing and storytelling, gud anya bug man: http://paulbristow.blogspot.com/p/why-golden-age.html