Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

bob hund

Started by The Mollusk, March 28, 2024, 04:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

My Swedish brother in law got me into this band recently and I've become greatly enamoured with them. Super fun and eccentric indie pop with the slacker vibes of bands like Pavement and Built to Spill and the bright and colourful quirks of Super Furries. They have a highly infectious energy and the singer's wobbly and erratic voice is charmingly bonkers. Listening to their music makes me very happy and who among us here can't say they like a bit of that every now and then eh??!? You??? Fuck off!

I've only listened to their first two albums which are both excellent, particularly as the debut contains the catchy titled "Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte hittar hem men det gör jag; tror jag" which goes off on an extended noisy jam for its 9 minute duration. Fucking joyous, one of the best 90s indie tunes I've heard.

GET SOME

Bobby Treetops

Ms Treetops is a Swedish indie kid from the 90s, so I've rather excitedly just messaged her about this thread.

I'm almost certain she was at this gig, as she told me it's the one you can see her friend at the front,

As she's the resident bob hund expert in our household, I'll see if she's got anything to add and or recommend.

As for me, I should really investigate more of their stuff.

Bobby Treetops

Ms Treetops says

'This is a great documentary, although it's in Swedish with no subtitles, which is a shame as it's great and all the baldies on here lots of English speakers would love it too.'

Bobby Treetops

Ms Treetops adds,

'Their lyrics are great and they sing in a Skåne* accent, which is cool'

*The south of Sweden, the rest of Sweden take the piss out of their accents as they sound like they're from Denmark. Ms Treetops is also from Skåne.

Bobby Treetops

Finally

'This song and video, it's called 'The Lovely Sailor's Birthday',

I can see if I can find the pictures I took of them when we went backstage to meet them, when I was spiked with acid in the woods'

See you started here Nags.

To be continued...possibly.

The Mollusk

Nice one for all this!

I'd love to watch the docco - I am very slowly learning Swedish so maybe one day.

I also need to translate some of their lyrics as I took was informed that they're excellent.

This band is fuckin grrrreeeaaattt

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Hey, I enjoyed "Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte hittar hem men det gör jag; tror jag". Am I going ear mad or does the singer have a bit of Kevin Rowland about him? I always like a song that's not afraid to stretch out and go for a wander or just do the same blessed thing for minutes on end. I can also hear the Built To Spill comparisons. Nice stuff!

The Mollusk

Memorex MP3

These guys used to have a few very highly rated albums on rateyourmusic iirc

The Mollusk

Bobby Treetops

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on March 28, 2024, 07:09:58 PMFinally

'This song and video, it's called 'The Lovely Sailor's Birthday',

Edit - It actually translates as 'The Lonely Sailor's Birthday'

sevendaughters

I listened to two tracks upthread and liked both. Always avoided them because they used to get dropped by people who like the tweer side of rock like Tullycraft, Allo Darlin, etc.

Ron Superior

This song blew my mind when I heard it on MTV in the 90s, around the same time as Evil Superstars and Gorkys. They've changed a lot over the years and most of their albums I've heard I've really liked

Good lads

The Mollusk

Ron Superior

Ah, thank you! I'm on a nice nostalgic bob hund kick now. Lovely.