Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin

Started by Mobius, February 05, 2024, 09:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Starring Noel Fielding and half of the english comedy scene. Delighted to hear Noel's brother Michael Fielding has secured himself a role in this too.

Who is looking forward to this one !

Catalogue Trousers

Mobius

DrGreggles

madhair60

frajer

Always lovely to see a shite "That sounded weird / Yeah that did sound weird" sting at the end of a trailer.

Uhhhh did I just hear that!? I guess we're literally doing highway robbery now!!

lauraxsynthesis

neveragain

Quote from: frajer on February 06, 2024, 10:27:14 AMAlways lovely to see a shite "That sounded weird / Yeah that did sound weird" sting at the end of a trailer.

After a record scratch I hope.

lazyhour

He just cannot act, can he? It's impossible to tune into the character as it just sounds like Noel Fielding saying the lines that were written in the script for him to say. He's not a leading man.

Julian Barrett, on the other hand? *swoon*

Twilkes

I would rather put my dick in turps, who would stop me, no-one.

Catalogue Trousers

'Ha HAH! Forsooth, look ye, 'tis a MONKEY BUM! And I'm a ROCK STAR, me! Fol-de-rol-de-ray-do-day!'

frajer

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on February 06, 2024, 04:06:06 PMI'll give it a look for the cast, aye.

Supporting cast does look great. Didn't spot him in the trailer but I read that Mark Heap's in an episode too.

dontpaintyourteeth

jobotic

Noel Fielding as Vince Noir as Dick Turpin.

How very current.

Cold Meat Platter

Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore
Dum dum dum the night
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore
Dum de dum dum plight
He steals dum dum dum
And dum dum dum dee
Dennis dum, Dennis dee, dum dum dum

gilbertharding

No idea how many people have Apple TV. I expect some of the people who have it will watch it, and some of them will like it. And the rest of us will carry on about our lives as if absolutely nothing has happened.

Presumably there are lots of people involved in the production who'll get paid a good wage for doing so - so that's good, even if one of them is Neol Feilding.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on February 06, 2024, 08:52:48 PMWill it be as saucy as Man About the Tits? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OceuBu1LmzI&t=81s

Used to love the Richard O'Sullivan one, although I don't remember there being that many breasts in it. We lived near the Great North Road, so it really got the imagination going.

madhair60

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 07, 2024, 12:50:04 PMPresumably there are lots of people involved in the production who'll get paid a good wage for doing so - so that's good, even if one of them is Neol Feilding.

fuck them. they should have their money taken away.

shiftwork2

dontpaintyourteeth

lauraxsynthesis

I believe there are free Apple TV offers for both O2 mobile customers and iPhone customers at the moment.

Cold Meat Platter

Chocolate Oranges are available from Rawlinson's

jamiefairlie

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 07, 2024, 12:51:33 PMUsed to love the Richard O'Sullivan one, although I don't remember there being that many breasts in it.

Tony Blackburn would disagree strongly

Thosworth

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 07, 2024, 01:39:57 PMHard to get past the title.

If it helps, the title is presumably a joke on the mostly-factual document that was published shortly after Turpin's execution: The Genuine History of the Life of Richard Turpin.

The cast list doesn't seem to include 'Tom King' - another highwayman who Turpin accidentally shot dead. King's my mum's maiden name and family lore is that I'm a descendent.

His omission leads me to believe this series isn't entirely accurate, so in protest I will be acquiring it through less legal routes. It's what he would have wanted.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Thosworth on February 18, 2024, 06:31:32 AMIf it helps, the title is presumably a joke on the mostly-factual document that was published shortly after Turpin's execution: The Genuine History of the Life of Richard Turpin.

I didn't know that so thanks.

shoulders

Imagine getting stoped by a highwayman

You would shit bricks

kalowski

Quote from: shoulders on February 18, 2024, 07:25:10 AMImagine getting stoped by a highwayman

You would shit bricks
Stand and deliver! Drop that gun! (the coach comes to a halt; the drivers hold up their hands but a postillion reaches for a gun; Moore shoots him)
Let that be a warning to you all. You move at your peril, for I have two pistols here. I know one of them isn't loaded any more, but the other one is, so that's one of you dead for sure...or just about for sure anyway. It certainly wouldn't be worth your while risking it because I'm a very good shot. I practice every day...well, not absolutely every day, but most days in the week...I expect I must practice, oh, at least four or five times a week at least...at least four or five, only some weekends...like last weekend, there really wasn't the time, so that moved the average down a bit...but I should say it's definitely a solid four days' practice a week...at least. I mean...I reckon I could hit that tree over there...the one just behind that hillock...not the big hillock, the little hillock on the left. (heads are coming out of the coach and peering) You see the three trees, the third from the left and back a bit - that one - I reckon I could hit that four times out of five...on a good day. Say with this wind...say, say, seven times out of ten...

madhair60

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on February 18, 2024, 01:17:31 AMI believe there are free Apple TV offers for both O2 mobile customers and iPhone customers at the moment.

no thank you