Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:03:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

King of Kong mullet man rumbled (part 2)

Started by Famous Mortimer, January 17, 2024, 01:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Original thread here.

It looks like the fun is finally over, as Billy Mitchell and Twin Galaxies have settled their lawsuit (Karl Jobst just did a video on it, viewable here). Twin Galaxies admit no fault, but have reinstated Mitchell's records...on a wayback-machine style part of their website which doesn't have anything to do with their currently maintained records and will not be updated. Plus, they've started selling merch of the MAME screenshots, a nice troll-y end to a long weird case.

It's vaguely disappointing, as Mitchell can pretend the same shit he's always pretended, and use this as evidence, although I don't think many people really care any more. Twin Galaxies don't have to pay years of lawyer's fees to win an argument with Mitchell, and will presumably never mention him again.

Mitchell's lawsuit against Jobst himself is ongoing, and Jobst definitely isn't going to settle for anything other than an apology and a full admission of cheating, so there's still something to come. All the evidence out there, which doesn't help Mitchell at all, can still be used, and Mitchell (at the last minute) found an emeritus professor of computer stuff to say "maybe it wasn't cheated?" so the video above has a nice chunk of Jobst trying to bait him into suing too.

This sort of ending to the main event will leave everyone vaguely disappointed, but it is over. I'm sad, as it would have been fun to see Mitchell in court, but it looks like we're going to have to make do with what we got.

The F Bomb

Separately, I'll say that I much much preferred Karl's older speedrunning vids to his LOOK AT CHEAT rebrand. I used to really look forward to his stuff on Mario 64 or Goldeneye, he's got a real passion for the form which I appreciated. I suppose I instinctively find sanctimoniousness and outrage bait so unpalatable.

druss

His Doom speed running videos were an absolute joy.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The F Bomb on January 17, 2024, 05:42:12 AMSeparately, I'll say that I much much preferred Karl's older speedrunning vids to his LOOK AT CHEAT rebrand. I used to really look forward to his stuff on Mario 64 or Goldeneye, he's got a real passion for the form which I appreciated. I suppose I instinctively find sanctimoniousness and outrage bait so unpalatable.
He still does the speedrunning stuff (there were some 2 months ago) but if you look at the views, I understand why he's pivoted to this, which seems a decent amount more popular. Also, I'm not sure I'd call him sanctimonious, unless "I don't cheat at video games or steal from my charity" counts as sanctimony for you. It's not like he brings himself up all that often, unless the video is specifically about him (like when he does videos about his own legal battle with Mitchell) and he's been pretty honest in the past about his shortcomings, too.

I appreciate why Twin Galaxies don't want to burn a stack of cash defending themselves in court, but they would have won, pretty easily. Mitchell is such a sleazy, useless liar that I want to see him forced into something he can't wriggle out of, like admitting his stupid fucking plaque is fake and his records are cheated.

Jerzy Bondov

i reckon i could best Billy Mitchell in the field of combat

madhair60

fucking love Billy Mitchell. looks like he has won completely as usual and it has been misrepresented as a loss, lmao. Jobst isn't fit to lick B.M's piss.

bgmnts

I do admire this man's commitment to the fantasy and lies.

It's such a strange way to be isn't it?

madhair60

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: madhair60 on January 17, 2024, 04:05:57 PMfucking love Billy Mitchell. looks like he has won completely as usual and it has been misrepresented as a loss, lmao. Jobst isn't fit to lick B.M's piss.
This is, I feel, your least fertile troll in some time.

madhair60

but his records have been reinstated? lol

sorry but this Billy Mitchell thing has always baffled me. cunt absolutely slays at games, gets it in the neck for playing on MAME (which is literally exactly the same, I don't care what some stupid nerdy little cunt says) and gets turned into a scapegoat for internet pussies who are shit-scared of confidence.

popcorn

I can beat ANY game on MAX difficulty

ALL endings

Every single game I'll do I'll win and I won't just win I'll win in an extremely dominating fashion

copa

QuoteI can beat ANY game on MAX difficulty

Tbh that's very impressive.
Your attitude may seem slightly braggadocious but, goodness me, you've every right to be.

The F Bomb

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 17, 2024, 03:08:04 PMHe still does the speedrunning stuff (there were some 2 months ago) but if you look at the views, I understand why he's pivoted to this, which seems a decent amount more popular. Also, I'm not sure I'd call him sanctimonious, unless "I don't cheat at video games or steal from my charity" counts as sanctimony for you. It's not like he brings himself up all that often, unless the video is specifically about him (like when he does videos about his own legal battle with Mitchell) and he's been pretty honest in the past about his shortcomings, too.

I appreciate why Twin Galaxies don't want to burn a stack of cash defending themselves in court, but they would have won, pretty easily. Mitchell is such a sleazy, useless liar that I want to see him forced into something he can't wriggle out of, like admitting his stupid fucking plaque is fake and his records are cheated.

I completely understand why he's largely taken this route, I'm just saying that I personally don't have any interest in gaming drama relative to his speedrunning stuff. I'm not criticising you or anyone who enjoys that shift in focus.

I respect that Karl acknowledges his own past mistakes, but I'd also say he was fortunate not to have someone broadcasting his every misdemeanor to nearly a million people or he wouldn't have a YT career now. Billy Mitchell seems like a nob, but if his entire existence is still based around Donkey Kong records, I'm not sure what value there is in putting the poor cunt further in his place - apart from ad revenue.

I'm happy to disagree.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The F Bomb on January 17, 2024, 08:09:54 PMBilly Mitchell seems like a nob, but if his entire existence is still based around Donkey Kong records, I'm not sure what value there is in putting the poor cunt further in his place - apart from ad revenue.
Mitchell is the person who started the lawsuits, though, so it's not like these people have much of a choice other than to defend themselves. Mitchell is a poor cunt who's launched a lot of frivolous legal stuff and is attempting to ruin livelihoods.

This discussion, which I presume is a Reddit thing, has links to long, detailed videos about all this, further articles about how he behaved, etc. The position that it's all in now is entirely Mitchell's fault - he chose to lie about what he did, and he chose to sue the people who exposed those lies.

The F Bomb

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 17, 2024, 08:30:24 PMMitchell is the person who started the lawsuits, though, so it's not like these people have much of a choice other than to defend themselves. Mitchell is a poor cunt who's launched a lot of frivolous legal stuff and is attempting to ruin livelihoods.

This discussion, which I presume is a Reddit thing, has links to long, detailed videos about all this, further articles about how he behaved, etc. The position that it's all in now is entirely Mitchell's fault - he chose to lie about what he did, and he chose to sue the people who exposed those lies.

I feel like we're talking along different lines a bit here. I appreciate that you're spot on about the specifics of Mitchell vs TG, I'm simply saying that I am vastly more interested in excellent speedrunning vids than some total loser's court case about cheating at old games.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: bgmnts on January 17, 2024, 04:18:03 PMI do admire this man's commitment to the fantasy and lies.

It's such a strange way to be isn't it?

He's the Donald Trump of the computer game world. Construct a fantasy to protect your ego. Lie your arse off about false achievements to anybody who'll listen. Form a coterie of sychophants around you who back you unquestioningly but also want some of your reflected glory. Use you financial muscle to drag your perceived enemies through the court. And lie and sue and lie and sue and so on.

Very similar narcissistic behaviour from both. Predictable in it's own way.

earl_sleek

It was interesting how Jobst didn't mention how TG's lawyer fucked up by contacting witnesses for BM (haha) without permission, I've seen reasonable speculation that this had an impact on TG agreeing to settle as well. The lawyer denies it would have, but he would say that, wouldn't he?

Also Jobst has tried to spin it as a loss for BM when if anything it's a win for him, albeit not a total one. I generally like Jobst and feel he tries to be honest but is maybe too close to all this.

NoSleep

Quote from: madhair60 on January 17, 2024, 04:22:46 PMbut his records have been reinstated? lol

sorry but this Billy Mitchell thing has always baffled me. cunt absolutely slays at games, gets it in the neck for playing on MAME (which is literally exactly the same, I don't care what some stupid nerdy little cunt says) and gets turned into a scapegoat for internet pussies who are shit-scared of confidence.

I know you're trolling but it's not really about what nerdy little cunts say. It's a requirement to play on original untampered hardware. And he is a litigious weaselly creep. And wears a hateful looking mullet.

NoSleep

NoSleep

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 17, 2024, 09:54:37 PMHe's the Donald Trump of the computer game world. Construct a fantasy to protect your ego. Lie your arse off about false achievements to anybody who'll listen. Form a coterie of sychophants around you who back you unquestioningly but also want some of your reflected glory. Use you financial muscle to drag your perceived enemies through the court. And lie and sue and lie and sue and so on.

Very similar narcissistic behaviour from both. Predictable in it's own way.

Don't forget the horrible ties.

madhair60

Quote from: NoSleep on January 17, 2024, 11:18:55 PMI know you're trolling but it's not really about what nerdy little cunts say. It's a requirement to play on original untampered hardware.

i'm not trolling. it's a stupid requirement. it makes no difference whatsoever. people just want their lolcow. i'm out

NoSleep

But it's a requirement nonetheless and one that Mitchell pretended to have adhered to, the lying cunt. That's what the trial was to show. His gaming abilities can get to fuck; his litigation skills were found wanting.

So he is also similar to Clinton. It wasn't the blow job, it was lying about the blow job that brought him down.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: NoSleep on January 17, 2024, 11:47:43 PMDon't forget the horrible ties.

And the stupid hair. Who was it that called him Silly Bitchell?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: madhair60 on January 17, 2024, 11:58:12 PMi'm not trolling. it's a stupid requirement.

Seems sensible to me. The mame and original don't always act the same and you're dealing with fine margins.

Him sending in dodgy tapes wasn't fair when other people had to show up and do it on the spot. Probably had to pay for fuel and hotels as well. How is that fair?

Whatever the rule is, everybody should have to do the same thing. That's basic stuff.

madhair60

i get that you want your punching bag lolcow but he clearly didn't do anything wrong whatsoever

twin galaxies always historically accepted tapes, nothing contravened there. and the differences between MAME and cab are non-existent as far as scoring or execution goes. as this thread has demonstrated, because he was cast as the villain of dreadful movie King of Kong, he has basically had his life ruined by intellectually dishonest cunts. they know he's innocent, yet still they lie, because they've dug their holes too deep to change their tack. And now they have been legally proven wrong and Billy is innocent, vindicated by the law, vindicated by history, scores restored. twin galaxies never, Big Billy forever. suck it, nerdlingers.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: madhair60 on January 17, 2024, 11:58:12 PMi'm out

Quote from: madhair60 on January 18, 2024, 12:14:16 PMi get that you want your punching bag lolcow but he clearly didn't do anything wrong whatsoever

twin galaxies always historically accepted tapes, nothing contravened there. and the differences between MAME and cab are non-existent as far as scoring or execution goes. as this thread has demonstrated, because he was cast as the villain of dreadful movie King of Kong, he has basically had his life ruined by intellectually dishonest cunts. they know he's innocent, yet still they lie, because they've dug their holes too deep to change their tack. And now they have been legally proven wrong and Billy is innocent, vindicated by the law, vindicated by history, scores restored. twin galaxies never, Big Billy forever. suck it, nerdlingers.

Put this one in the L column and move on, old chap.

madhair60

"he said he was out but then replied to another post therefore i win"

The F Bomb

I was surprised at how many people in the comments on Karl's vid called out Karl's intellectual dishonesty on this one and agree that it was in effect a win for Billy, certainly more so than for TG or Karl. I didn't expect that.

darby o chill

Quote from: BillTwin Galaxies has reinstated all of my world records from my videogame career...
I am relieved and satisfied to reach this resolution after an almost six-year ordeal and look forward to pursuing my unfinished business elsewhere.
Never Surrender,
Billy Mitchell

Famous Mortimer