Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Download statistics to effect singles charts

Started by explodingvinyl, January 08, 2007, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toad in the Hole

Hopefully Moyles will put some energy into getting Leeds United by Luke Haines well up the charts when it comes out.  Now that would be fun... some real music in the charts, LH would certainly make for some interesting breakfast radio and TV interviews!

asv

Quote from: "chand"
Quote from: "chand"More frightening still, on mentioning it this morning, Chris Moyles exclaimed with an audibly shit-eating grin that he'd 'had an idea', so you can imagine the kind of shit that could potentially go on.

Well, the 'idea' such as it is, came out today, and I was pretty much right...Chris Moyles wants YOU to join his noble fight to get...wait for it...'Honey To The B' by Billie into the Top 40. LOLZZZZZZZ

"Billie downloads to a chart success

Billie Piper has made a surprise return to the charts

Doctor Who actress Billie Piper has made a surprise chart comeback from downloads alone.

The former pop star's hit Honey To The Bee entered at number 17, after Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles urged his listeners to test new chart rules by buying the track.

Previously downloads were included in the Official Singles Chart only if physical copies of the song were available in shops.

But from January 1 all download sales could be counted, meaning that any song available on the internet could be the next number one.

Gennaro Castaldo at HMV said that Piper's performance showed how it is now "so easy" for fan groups or the media to propel a song up the charts.

He said: "In the past the record companies were very jealous of making sure that the releases were implemented in a very clear and transparent way.

"It's further evidence of how bit by bit the charts are going to broaden out.""