Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mansun

Started by Hornet, January 31, 2007, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet

Can't say I ever really listened to them much in the 90s, but going through some old compilations (Uncut I think) I found a track called "The Chad Who Loved Me".  Not sure about the whole song, but the intro is a beautiful string arrangement - my question is, to anyone who may know, is this a sample, and if so from where, or is it an origianl arrangement?

While I am at it, what other songs do you love that have amazing strings on them?

thewomb

It's original. I was going to put 'The Chad Who Loved Me' in the 'Track 1, Album 1, Side 1' thread.

If it's amazing strings you want, check out 'Dark Mavis' (at the end of the same album) and 'Soundtrack 4 2 Lovers' from 'Little Kix'.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Is this thread about Mansun or about string instruments or Mansun songs with strings in them? I hope it's the first one, because they're still one of my favourite bands. I genuinely felt rather downcast when they split up, as it was the first time a band I liked had done so without me having already lost interest in them. If it's the last option then I would think I Can Only Disappoint U  is an obvious choice, with it's lovely harp melody.

On a similar tack to Hornet's question, does anyone know if the beeps at the start of Take It Easy Chicken were sampled from another tune?