Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:52:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I-Pods and I-Tunes

Started by CK1, February 10, 2004, 07:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falafel

There're quite a few bars in Leeds where the bar staff have their ipods hooked up to the sound system - that MiPod thing sounds like a smashing idea, though.

Frinky

Seeing that thread title is like a poison dagger being repeatedly stabbed into my heart.

boki

Quote from: "Frinky"Seeing that thread title is like a poison dagger being repeatedly stabbed into my heart.

When there's nothing left of it, can we start on your kidneys?

sorry, tried to find the mega-big "how to use" thread please don't ostrich-size me;

could someone give me an indication of how to call up the CD look-up database in iTunes (gracenotes is it?) to apply song titles/tags after the CD has been ripped and the files are safely stored away on harddisc.  maybe the cd has been given back to the library?  or maybe the Internet wasn't around when the disc was ripped.

so in summary> automatic cd info from the internet with files on computer.

thanks.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Use an MP3 tagging programme like Music Brainz or Tag&Rename.

phes

Quote from: "falafel"
Iove my iRiver, though. Granted you need to learn the controls - they certainly aren't anywhere near as intuitive as the iPod - but once you have it's a piece of piss and a joy to use. And it doesn't cost any less, as far as I know. When I bought it the RRP was identical to the comparable iPod. I bought it because I thought it was better, and I'm happy that I did.  It's all well and good going on about 'bunging a tape ina walkman blah blah blah', but that's not what I'm after. I get pissed off at bad sound quality. I don't like mp3.  I don't, actually, like iTunes very much

I'm going to spend money on either an iPod nano or this machine you're talking about. Could you elaborate a little on the sound quality issue.... I have a fairly poor understanding of music as computer files. The machine would be mostly for listening to the dozens of mixes I download each week from the net  - can I do that, and if they're are already recorded in a certain way then is the sound quality out of my hands?

greencalx

Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"sorry, tried to find the mega-big "how to use" thread please don't ostrich-size me;

could someone give me an indication of how to call up the CD look-up database in iTunes (gracenotes is it?) to apply song titles/tags after the CD has been ripped and the files are safely stored away on harddisc.  maybe the cd has been given back to the library?  or maybe the Internet wasn't around when the disc was ripped.

Don't you just select the album in the browser in iTunes and choose 'Get CD track names' from the 'Advanced' menu?  (Assuming that it recognises it as part of an album, which I think it does).