Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CONFESS! WHAT HAVE YOU NEVR SEEN?

Started by Dr Rock, December 24, 2023, 10:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minami Minegishi

Never seen any Jurassic Park, Lethal Weapon, Top Gun films and don't intend to.

Other than suffering through Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies, no other films by that Japanese animation guy.

Deadpool films and Linklater's Before trilogy are unseen by my eyes, except for 5-10mins of the first in both series.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 25, 2023, 09:57:09 AMThe Pink Panther films with Peter Sellers.  What do you reckon to them if you've seen them?

Some of the dumbest films ever made, but I don't believe anyone can get through them without admiring and laughing at Sellers' performance.

DrGreggles

Oh, and I've never seen a Fast & Furious, a Mission Impossible, or any superhero film since Batman*.

*which I only watched because of the Prince soundtrack

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 25, 2023, 10:53:34 AMSome of the dumbest films ever made, but I don't believe anyone can get through them without admiring and laughing at Sellers' performance.

This never fails to make me laugh.

Shaxberd

Ooh, y'know what else I've never seen? Titanic. Don't see the point, we all know how it ends. (And everything that happens in the middle thanks to how many scenes are cultural touch points now.)

idunnosomename

Never get why you wouldnt have seen Citizen Kane. Its good

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Any Jim Carrey movie. No regrets, either, except maybe a little bit when The Truman Show was the in-flight movie and I'd heard nothing about it in advance, so was in pretty much the perfect position to be surprised by what I now know to be the twist. But Carrey's name came up in the opening credits, and consequently, amd immediately, I switched it off.

Quote from: Shaxberd on December 25, 2023, 12:46:42 PMOoh, y'know what else I've never seen? Titanic.

D'you know what that ship never saw - that iceberg coming, haw-haw!

Mr Farenheit

The Exorcist
Dr Strangelove
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Easy Rider
Up

BlodwynPig

George White

Of the MCU, I've only seen Guardians of the Galaxy (which I enjoyed) and Captain America - the First Avenger (which I didn't, because it'll never live up to the same director's the Rocketeer).
And I was a massive comic nerd as a kid.

Vodkafone

Apocalypse Now. Not deliberately avoiding it or owt, just haven't seen it.

Blumf

Tried watching Top Gun but got bored. I have seen a load of the Iron Eagle films, they are better (I didn't say good!).

Blumf

Quote from: Vodkafone on December 25, 2023, 11:29:44 PM Apocalypse Now. Not deliberately avoiding it or owt, just haven't seen it.

If possibly see the original theatrical cut, not the redux mess.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 25, 2023, 12:47:41 PMNever get why you wouldnt have seen Citizen Kane. Its good

I watched it and was like 'erm, is that it?' but on reflection it's probably because I'm watching it with modern 'eyes'

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 25, 2023, 12:47:41 PMNever get why you wouldnt have seen Citizen Kane. Its good

I watched it because I hadn't seen the real Orson Welles before, but I remembered Kenny Everett's impersonations of him.  By the way, what was that bit of guitar music that was played when Ken spoofed him?

Sonny_Jim

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 26, 2023, 10:10:17 AMI watched it because I hadn't seen the real Orson Welles before, but I remembered Kenny Everett's impersonations of him.  By the way, what was that bit of guitar music that was played when Ken spoofed him?

Did they play the Third Man zither music?

I admire Citizen Kane but I'm not sure I like it very much, which doesn't make sense as it is pretty anti-capitalist. Most problematically, I don't think Joseph Cotton is a very good actor - he has a radio style of delivery that a lot of those RKO actors had back then.

Touch of Evil is incredible, as is Chimes at Midnight, The Trial, F for Fake etc, but Kane and to an extent Ambersons don't do a lot for me.

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on December 26, 2023, 10:57:18 AMI'm guessing The Third Man?

That was the one played with Kenny's sketches on him!  It made me laugh how Ken portrayed Welles as a bloated, sherry-quaffing bon vivant.

Sonny_Jim

twosclues

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - bought it on DVD years ago and the disc went mysteriously missing before I ever got to watch it.
Braveheart
Terminator 2 (but I have seen Terminator 3)
Backs To The Future 2 & 3
Indiana Joneses that aren't Raiders
The Princess Bride
The Sound of Music

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: twosclues on December 26, 2023, 01:49:32 PMBacks To The Future 2 & 3
Indiana Joneses that aren't Raiders
That's not a bad place to be.

Fambo Number Mive

Never seen Citizen Kane, Jaws, any of the Indiana Jones films, 12 Angry Men, Forrest Gump, Fight Club

dissolute ocelot

I've seen a couple of Kurosawa but not 7 Samurai, Yojimbo, or Rashomon. Used to have a boss who was bizarrely obsessed with Seven Samurai which put me off. He loved to tell Japanese people how good it is.

I've also not seen 12 Angry Men, La Dolce Vita, Shane, High Noon, Lion King, Bridge on the River Kwai, High Noon, The Great Dictator, Holes, Lock Stock/Barrels, 12 Years A Slave, Lawrence of Arabia, Saturday Night Fever, any Rambo film, or any Friday 13th, and not seen a Nightmare on Elm St since the 80s. Some bigger losses than others.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: kalowski on December 25, 2023, 10:40:04 AMI've also not seen Top Gun. And I don't want to.

I watched it a year ago for the first time and wish I hadn't, apart from the really curious relationship between Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis (where it felt like Cruise's character had never met a woman before, and had no idea how to respond to one) it was dull, and the action scenes did nothing for me at all.

Quote from: Shaxberd on December 25, 2023, 12:46:42 PMOoh, y'know what else I've never seen? Titanic. Don't see the point, we all know how it ends. (And everything that happens in the middle thanks to how many scenes are cultural touch points now.)

And I watched that last December as well, it's kind of okay when the boat eventually hits the iceberg but there's way too much running around in damp corridors and while I don't regret watching it I'd never recommend it to anyone.

Papa Wheelie

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on December 26, 2023, 04:10:21 PMI've seen a couple of Kurosawa but not 7 Samurai, Yojimbo, or Rashomon. Used to have a boss who was bizarrely obsessed with Seven Samurai which put me off. He loved to tell Japanese people how good it is.

I've also not seen 12 Angry Men, La Dolce Vita, Shane, High Noon, Lion King, Bridge on the River Kwai, High Noon, The Great Dictator, Holes, Lock Stock/Barrels, 12 Years A Slave, Lawrence of Arabia, Saturday Night Fever, any Rambo film, or any Friday 13th, and not seen a Nightmare on Elm St since the 80s. Some bigger losses than others.

Well worth a watch, quite 'modern' in its pacing and while there are of course plenty of genre tropes, it's an unusual small-scale intense Western. Shane is also wonderful but I suppose I wish Alan Ladd were my Dadd. An all-timer.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on December 26, 2023, 04:10:21 PMI've also not seen 12 Angry Men, La Dolce Vita, Shane, High Noon, Lion King, Bridge on the River Kwai, High Noon, The Great Dictator, Holes, Lock Stock/Barrels, 12 Years A Slave, Lawrence of Arabia, Saturday Night Fever, any Rambo film, or any Friday 13th, and not seen a Nightmare on Elm St since the 80s. Some bigger losses than others.

Quote from: Papa Wheelie on December 26, 2023, 07:50:37 PMWell worth a watch, quite 'modern' in its pacing and while there are of course plenty of genre tropes, it's an unusual small-scale intense Western. Shane is also wonderful but I suppose I wish Alan Ladd were my Dadd. An all-timer.

I'll second High Noon, and urge you to give Twelve Angry Men a try as well.

The Late Satoru Iwata

I own Blu-ray boxed sets of the Godfather trilogy and the first five Rocky films and have done for years.

I have never seen a Godfather or Rocky film.