Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Radical Wolfe (2023, Tom Wolfe Documentary)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 29, 2023, 09:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

If I'd seen this three days later I wouldn't have given it it's own thread, but as we're still in 2023 it counts as a non-new film and my brain insists on following the rules. And it's not exactly bad, either, as it dashes through Wolfe's life story with archive footage of Wolfe being interviewed, a number of talking heads popping up to flesh out a story, and sometimes John Hamm reads passages of Wolfe's writing. But it is incredibly flattering and while occasionally a talking head might suggest that not everything Tom wrote was perfect (especially when writing about non-white people) he was supposedly amazing. And maybe that was the case, but I still wish this had explored his life in more detail, especially as this is a short 73 minute affair, and I came away with the idea that Wolfe was a slight eccentric who kept his private life private, all of his books were amazing apart from the last two, and that some other writers disliked him but he didn't really care. A generous 6.5/10 then as I guess it kept me interested, but it's a flimsy affair.

madhair60

i thought this said Teen Wolf documentary.

but it didn't

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: madhair60 on December 31, 2023, 07:40:25 PMi thought this said Teen Wolf documentary.

but it didn't

But surely now you've discovered your mission in life.