Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How To Have Sex (2023)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 30, 2023, 03:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Three young girls head off to Crete on holiday, where one of them wants to finally lose her virginity. It's initially got a similar feeling to Aftersun what with the way the camera follows them around as they hang around the resort, though once they start going clubbing every night it becomes increasingly less interesting, and more like an episode of Ibiza Uncovered that feels like it might never end. And I know that reference dates me but I've no idea if they make similarly cheap and trashy reality tv anymore. About two thirds of the way through it becomes a more complicated creation
Spoiler alert
as when Tara does sleep with someone she's very drunk and though what we're shown seems vaguely consensual, flashbacks suggest it's not that clear cut, and towards the end of the holiday he rapes her and it's horrifying. Throughout there's some questions about the nature of friendships and maybe an exploration of these kinds of incredibly grim holiday resorts, but I felt a little underwhelmed when the credits rolled. I certainly got nothing out of watching about forty minutes worth of teenagers talking shite and getting ridiculously drunk, and when it turns bleak all I wanted to do was set fire to the boy in question. I don't know, perhaps it's not a film for a man in his forties, and if this makes it clear to any horny male cunt that taking advantage of drunk women isn't acceptable then of course it has value,
[close]
but I can't say I felt anything throughout it other than disdain for many of the male characters. 5.8/10

dontpaintyourteeth

yeah this looks upsetting and I probably won't watch it. cheers

madhair60

does the film actually explain how to have sex?

It's the video they show in Year 10 science class.

madhair60

this may be difcult to believ,e but i neber went to school.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on December 30, 2023, 04:52:31 PMyeah this looks upsetting and I probably won't watch it. cheers

If I'd known anything about it before heading in I'd have probably been the same, but I had no idea what direction it would take.

Quote from: madhair60 on December 30, 2023, 07:47:42 PMoes the film actually explain how to have sex?

No. But this handy website should answer all of your questions

13 schoolyards

I liked this one a fair bit, though I knew where it was going so I had a bit more dread up front.

If nothing else, it did a good job of capturing the nightclubbing vibe where you all head out as best friends but once everyone's on the pull it's everyone for themselves and your so-called mates will happily fuck you over if they think they have the slightest chance with someone you're talking to (or even just don't want you getting lucky before they do)

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on December 31, 2023, 09:25:28 AMI liked this one a fair bit, though I knew where it was going so I had a bit more dread up front.

If nothing else, it did a good job of capturing the nightclubbing vibe where you all head out as best friends but once everyone's on the pull it's everyone for themselves and your so-called mates will happily fuck you over if they think they have the slightest chance with someone you're talking to (or even just don't want you getting lucky before they do)

I know what you mean with the latter, it's thankfully something I didn't experience often (mainly as we were all shit at flirting / pulling) but watching it made me thankful I'd never had that kind of holiday away as I know I would have been miserable by the second day.