Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nukie Star Glynis Johns Dead

Started by Blumf, January 04, 2024, 09:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Also something called Mary Poppins?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67888244

Few months past the big 100, so fair doos. Loved that voice.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0424318/

jamiefairlie

No idea she was still alive, 100 years is a fine lifespan though.

El Unicornio, mang

Also starred in Powell and Pressburger's 49th Parallel

Gulftastic

PlanktonSideburns

Gutted, one of my favourite drum micing techniques

Gulftastic

I'll be raising a glass tonight at The Winchester Club with a cheery 'alright  Arfur?'in his honour. 

Angst in my Pants

Stephen Sondheim wrote what would become arguably his best-known song Send in the Clowns specifically for Glynis Johns.

During rehearsals for the musical A Little Night Music the creatives realised they needed a song in the second act for her character Desirée, so he whipped up something in two days to suit her voice and acting style.

Quote from: SondheimGlynis had a lovely, crystal voice, but sustaining notes was not her thing. I wanted to write short phrases, so I wrote a song full of questions.

Minami Minegishi

Fantastic actor but based on some footage I saw she was a terrible housewife. Poor Terry Thomas.

dissolute ocelot

On the other hand, Krusty didn't look like

Rob Roy: The Highland Rogue (1953)

lauraxsynthesis

Her husband left her for Dirk Bogarde. It's not clear if the men were together before the marriage and it was beard from the beginning, but they did have a kid so I guess not total beard. Their son said Bogarde was a bit of a cold, distant stepfather sadly. Not a surprise.

Anyway, she was ace and my fave fact about her is the suffragette song thing.

chip

Mrs Banks was probably one of my first childhood crushes.