Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

There's a Gladiator 2 Now!?

Started by Blumf, January 18, 2024, 12:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9218128/
QuoteFollows Lucius, the son of Maximus' love Lucilla, after Maximus' death.

Damned if I can remember anything about the first film. But this new one has George Dawes in it!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Mr Trumpet

Not based on the mad Nick Cave script, sadly

idunnosomename

Were you not entertained?

CG Oliver Reed blew the budget.

greenman

CG Reed didnt make it though filming sadly.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The one with Braley Walsh? It struggled with Jet, Wolf and Ulrika.

Minami Minegishi

Keoghan pulled out to do the new Andrea Arnold.

Smart.

Blumf

Famous Mortimer

Why did they make this

I genuinely thought, after seeing this image, that it was a joke.

Blumf

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 18, 2024, 02:13:25 PMWhy did they make this

Throughout the entire film, Paul Mescal will always look directly towards the camera. No matter what he is doing or saying, no matter the pose, his face will be solidly fixed towards you the viewer.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Blumf on January 18, 2024, 02:12:26 PMGladiators on a Plane!

I'd watch that if it was free on prime.

I'll watch Gladiator 2 as Paul Mescal is very reliable and I'm sure will be convincing in the role. Denzel too, and Jacobi. I think the first one still holds up, 25 years (!) on. Pity it led to a slew of mediocre swords and sandals films.

Butchers Blind

Napoleon was a load of boring tosh so not holding much hope for this.
Would like to see that Nick Cave script made though.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 18, 2024, 02:13:25 PMWhy did they make this

"Pay-dro Pascal"

Inspector Norse

"Early drafts hit a roadblock concerning one key plot point... the death of Maximus"

In real life after the film's bad guy Commodus died, Rome had A FUCKING CIVIL WAR WITH FIVE EMPERORS IN A YEAR. If you can't get a film out of that then there's no point trying.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 18, 2024, 03:13:11 PM"Early drafts hit a roadblock concerning one key plot point... the death of Maximus"

In real life after the film's bad guy Commodus died, Rome had A FUCKING CIVIL WAR WITH FIVE EMPERORS IN A YEAR. If you can't get a film out of that then there's no point trying.

Gladiator 2 : Rucking Romans

Blumf

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 18, 2024, 03:26:52 PMGladiator 2 : Rucking Romans

Wasn't that the uncut version of Caligula?

prelektric

What? Is this real? I even watched the IMDB shit fluff piece, and I'm still not sure if it's some sort of fan fetish.

They should do a CGI reconstruction of Kenneth Williams naaooow-ing and oooooh-ing in a cameo role - screaming "Infamy!" for no reason, without ever delivering the punchline. That will pep it up no end.

Fucking ridiculous idea.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think it's about time Ridley Scott retired about now. He's 86 years old, he should be spending his time napping, maybe watching a nice Western on Film4 in the afternoon. Grow some courgettes in his greenhouse during the summer.

prelektric

Now I want someone to photoshop Ridley Scott, cigar in mouth, holding an enormous courgette in a greenhouse.

Come on CaB - I know you can do this.

There's a free bag of Maltesers waiting for the winner

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on January 18, 2024, 01:54:42 PMKeoghan pulled out to do the new Andrea Arnold.

Smart.

Andrea No 73 Arnold, call her by her proper name.

Minami Minegishi