Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

She is Conann (2023 lady barbarian movie)

Started by Mister Six, January 19, 2024, 04:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Official blurb:

SHE IS CONANN is finally swinging her sword into theaters on February 2nd! Go check out this trippy gender-bending take on the Conan legend all across North America! Tickets are available now! Special advance screenings on 1/30 at select Alamo Drafthouse Cinema locations!
https://www.alteredinnocence.net/conann

Synopsis: In a barbaric fantasy sci-fi trip through time, sword-and-sorcery mythology is bent, fractured, and gender-swapped by master visionary Bertrand Mandico in his third feature epic. Six lives, six eras, and six deaths mark Conann's poetic journey through different incarnations and lesbian loves. Guiding Conann through her many epic lives is Elina Löwensohn (Amateur, Let the Corpses Tan) as Rainer, a Cerberus of many otherworldly dimensions whose paparazzi camera sees all. The perversity of The Wild Boys and the hero's journey of After Blue (Dirty Paradise) come together in this even greater handmade homage as Mandico ropes in influences as lush as Fellini Satyricon, The Night Porter, The Hunger, and Fassbinder's entire oeuvre to craft a moving portrait of a warrior trying to find her place while outside of space, time, and meaning. This official selection of Cannes Directors' Fortnight, Fantastic Fest, and Sitges "thrives on its own bizarre extravagance as it pushes the limits of substance and style" (Collider).

Official Selection: Fantastic Fest, Cannes Directors' Fortnight, Locarno, Brooklyn Horror, Sitges

dissolute ocelot

It does look interesting, although aside from looking nice the trailer doesn't give a lot away. The director is a very French-looking man, but surely no Frenchman would make an exploitative movie about lesbians. Are there swordfights?

I can't see anything about a UK release.