Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:37:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Printers

Started by ZoyzaSorris, March 22, 2023, 04:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

Printers. Shit aren't they? Nonetheless (or as a result) I need a new one. I don't want to spend a lot of money but neither do I want to end up paying fiver a page in ink. Something that doesn't jam every five seconds making me want to kill everything in existence would be good too. Only relatively light home office use kind of thing.

Printers. 

Any ideas?

touchingcloth

How much do you print?

Black and white pages at a local shop cost me 10p, which with the amount I print is easily more cost- and space-effective than owning my own and needing to keep the ink topped up, especially now that the manufacturers make it nearly impossible to refill at home.

Uncle TechTip

It all depends if you need colour. If you do, it's a horrible world of poor technology or some expense to make true your vision. And the fucking with paper. However, if your are just doing documents, a mono desktop laser will work an absolute treat, and the toner cartridge will last a long while. There's lots of choice on that front, pick one that has the toner at a nice price. Can recommend a Brother all in one as a no frills reliable wifi scanner/printer.

ZoyzaSorris

Hmm thanks. Colour would be ideal but does seem to open up a world of pain. And it is mostly stuff that would work fine if less than ideal in mono. My wife also has a fancy a3 photo printer (that barely works) in her office (she's a photographer). It's a huge pain getting her to print anything but I guess could work where colour is essential. I'll look into the mono laser. Whole idea makes me think of the days of perusing Pc catalogues for EGA graphics cards though.