Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:34:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

New page - kind of agreement with Toby Young shocker.

Unfortunately the media did seem to feel it was illegal to express skepticism of government policy. Particularly in the early days of herd immunity when the likes of the Premier League had to take the moral high ground instead.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 01, 2020, 09:46:21 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/31/welsh-surgery-says-sorry-after-telling-the-very-ill-not-to-call-999

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Telling people not to dial 999 is cunty. The whole thing about "Do Not Resuscitate" orders is more tricky; some like those Welshies and media doctor Phil Hammond seem very keen on letting the terminally sick die ASAP (possibly because they have seen very ill people eke out their demise for vast periods of pain). But we haven't yet reached a stage as a society where saying "let the oldies die" is socially acceptable. (Which is ironic in view of how old people are treated otherwise.)

Icehaven

Imagine wasting the end of days interacting with anyone like Toby Young.

Fambo Number Mive

The local paper has published a letter by someone demanding to know why the WHO can't send people into China to ensure we don't get fooled again to "check inside China and have the ability to tell the Chinese authorities, where it is necessary, to stop certain items being cooked and eaten". He also wants China to pay compensation.

I think I preferred the coronavirus poem they published.

Cuellar

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 01, 2020, 12:17:07 PM
I think I preferred the coronavirus poem they published.

I've just read it. I'm not sure I do.

Artie Fufkin

BlodwynPig

From my climate change denying supervisor when I was in Canada:

Quoteat a talk in February XXXX said "its not so bad since mainly old people
are dying and they are going to die anyways."

XXXX is an eminent mathematical biologist, no less

Major right-wing figures in the U.S., including Tucker Carlson and Ted Cruz, are now specifically alleging "scientific evidence" that the coronavirus was created in a Chinese government lab.

Things are going great! Going to get even better once 200k people have died here, I'm sure.

MrMrs

The US' response to COVID in general is an absolute tragedy unto itself.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 01, 2020, 03:58:22 PM
From my climate change denying supervisor when I was in Canada:
Quoteat a talk in February XXXX said "its not so bad since mainly old people
are dying and they are going to die anyways."
XXXX is an eminent mathematical biologist, no less

Tell the stupid cunt we're all going to die, even the young "clever" ones.  Also, it's anyway, dear fucking god.

Pingers

My mate in Montpellier says the population seem to have decided that staying at home is no longer necessary. I doubt that will end well.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pingers on April 01, 2020, 05:48:54 PM
My mate in Montpellier says the population seem to have decided that staying at home is no longer necessary. I doubt that will end well.

Look at this Romeo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-52125782

imitationleather

Cor. I'd love to see the pictures of them they decided weren't good enough to submit to the BBC!

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA train engineer at the Port of Los Angeles in California is facing charges after he allegedly attempted to crash a locomotive into the USNS Mercy, a navy hospital ship sent to LA to help treat coronavirus patients.

Police say Eduardo Moreno, 44, confessed when he was arrested at the scene on Tuesday. Officials say the crime was an attempt by Mr Moreno to draw attention to the ship's "alternate purpose related to Covid-19 or a government takeover".

Thomas

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 02, 2020, 10:54:18 PM
A train engineer at the Port of Los Angeles in California is facing charges after he allegedly attempted to crash a locomotive into the USNS Mercy, a navy hospital ship sent to LA to help treat coronavirus patients.

Police say Eduardo Moreno, 44, confessed when he was arrested at the scene on Tuesday. Officials say the crime was an attempt by Mr Moreno to draw attention to the ship's "alternate purpose related to Covid-19 or a government takeover".

Chris Morris will do a film about this in ten years.

Zetetic

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 01, 2020, 11:51:03 AM
The whole thing about "Do Not [Attempt] Resuscitat[ion]" orders is more tricky

I think it's less about "How dare we have a conversation about not subjecting someone to horrible pointless interventions!" and more "That letter wasn't a great way to start that conservation.".

Brian Freeze

Im very interested in the logistics of creating a collision between a train and a ship. Probably one for Buzby to explain

Quote from: Brian Freeze on April 03, 2020, 12:10:44 AM
Im very interested in the logistics of creating a collision between a train and a ship. Probably one for Buzby to explain
lol

How come Buzby knows everything?  He should go on Mastermind.

Icehaven

Yeah I imagine he was thinking something like this:

But it probably would have been more like this:

buzby

The sidinge was on was actually quite a way away from the ship - at least 250 yards. He seems to have underestimated how much energy the buffer stops and concrete barrier at the end of the line would absorb - he was only driving a switcher (shunter) that was pulling one container flat car. Even with a full train behind him and going at maximum speed he would have had trouble making it all the way to the ship.
TV report and pictures here

Cerys

He should have watched more Thomas and Friends.

Barry Admin

Trying to take a CaB break but thought this was astomishing. Nightt before last some guy went out and smashed my ingress build at 3am. This essentially means walking and driving round the entire estate and surrounding area and having to get a torch out to go through a mucky meadow. This quite obviously upset me when I was in hospital and full of morphine last year as it fucks with your emotions, so they're trying to recreate that and get a good reaction out of me.[NB]as I said before, they also had one of the guys sat outside my hospital trying to wake me at 2am with phone notifications.[/NB] Also I'm OCD and probably a bit autistic so can really dislike change. Couldn't care less though, game is shit now and just gives me something to do as I walk each day, I'm only still hanging in to get a certain badge.

I'm leaving it down and not retaliating, they're literally putting lives at risk. Every night since this started they've been trying to get a reaction out of me, even more than usual, it's just tragic. Breaking the lockdown by fielding over me just so I have to walk miles if I want to take it down.

There's one narcissistic guy in the community who really took against me as I left his community (about two years ago) rather than join in with the saftey in numbers bullying there, despite knowing I'd then become the next target. He's clearly an NPD and spends his days ignoring his wife and three kids so he can manipulate these young guys who seek his approval into doing stuff like this. [NB]Guy is a complete coward who won't do anything himself. Had two weird brothers out for hours in the neighboring town here on Wednesday, trying to bother the other main guy he's obsessed with, a hilarious older bloke I love.[/NB] They walked around for hours in the daytime just playing the game like normal, and even stopped to smash my mates couchie while fielding over him. I mean, yikes. It's well known that he secretly hates all these guys who run about sucking him off too. The sort of reckless shit that's going on at the minute is just gross. They can't play the game competitively at all, so instead prioritise trying to annoy and stalk people, and they're still out every day, driving round the whole of NI trying to accomplish this. This guy who was out at 3am has never even met me, yet was dying to have me out fixing stuff while I was still on crutches. Sad, wreckless little bullying cunts.

Wonderful Butternut

In the race for the much coveted title of "Dumbest right-wing whackjob reaction to COVID-19", a new challenger has emerged to face down the Americans:

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/john-carson-dup

Quote"I said when abortion was legalised that our nation would be judged by GOD because of its departure from his word and the legalisation of the murder of the unborn child as well as same sex marriage.

Thomas

God punishes the sick and elderly of Ireland via meat consumption in China, and accidentally kills far more people in other countries along the way.

idunnosomename

Bit of a fuckin broad strike tbh. I cant go walking in the peak district because irish kill babies? Fuck off mate

Wonderful Butternut

The fact that you, as people resident in mainland Britain, are referring to a DUP Councillor as Irish would probably really piss him off if he knew.

Therefore, please keep doing it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!