Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Slapstick Festival

Started by lauraxsynthesis, November 24, 2023, 04:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraxsynthesis

The first listings for 2024 are out https://slapstick.org.uk/

I'm keen on:
The Thinking Woman's Guide to The Goodies (Graeme Garden interviewed by Samira Ahmed). There's so much cringeworthy racism etc in The Goodies I'm hoping this event gives me permission to cringe a bit less in future coz I love The Goodies.

G.B.H. Revisited (Robin Ince, Alan Bleasdale, Michael Palin and Robert Lindsay). Amazing panel! I'll need to give GBH a rewatch first.

Cult Figure: Kenneth Williams. I've seen David Benson's show twice and I'm curious to see how this young fella Colin Elmer does the same kind of thing.

sevendaughters

The Keaton stuff with Polly Rose is bound to be good. I know her through work.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 24, 2023, 10:56:51 PMThe Keaton stuff with Polly Rose is bound to be good. I know her through work.

If someone is having to pick events, the two she is involved in ate no-brainers, regardless of what one thinks of Keaton. All the other things she has done at Slapstick have been outstanding. Good is masterly understatment!

Ignatius_S

Couple of more events have been added. Terry Gilliam will be discussing his career and also introducing a screening of Brazil.

lauraxsynthesis

I didn't make it to Bristol after all, so I'll have to wait who knows how many months for the video of the Graeme Garden interview to go on Youtube. In the meantime, here's a good write up in the Guardian.

I keep seeing Samira Ahmed turn up in comedy fandom and now want to be her friend. I wonder if she's on here somewhere.