Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:23:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bristol meet - Sat 19th June - it's drinking, but with Whores

Started by Morrisfan82, May 12, 2004, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrisfan82

For those who've just tuned-in, the pertinent details:

We are having a meet-up to which all and sundry are welcome. It will be on
Saturday 19th of June, in Bristol at a groovy pub called The Hatchet. The Hatchet is located on Frogmore Street, which is just off the city centre.

The Hatchet is laid-back, friendly and alternative. It has a beer-garden, pool tables, table football and absolutely NO big-screen sports.

The meet will be beginning at roughly 2pm, and continue throughout the day and evening.

Everybody is free to come & go as they please, if you'd like to come along then post a reply, just so we know.

A list of people who have currently said they will be coming is on the top of the 4th page of this thread.

Any questions, just ask![/list]
See you there - Muteki

My original post:
-----------------------------------------------

A corner of a Verbwhores Bristol meet, last year.

Ahhh, look at the angelic little scamps. Don't they grow up fast, etc...

SO. During a chance meeting with a fellow VW on Friday, the subject of conversation eventually turned to mooting the possibility of another Bristol meet, and they suggested that Saturday 19th June could be a good date to throw atcha, being the weekend before Glasto and all.

I realise it's probably a little churlish to start banging on about this now, on the eve of the long-awaited simulmeet and everything (not trying to steal anyone's thunder, honest!), but I thought I'd throw this one out while everyone's in a meety mood to see what y'all thought.

So, feedback? Anyone up for? Alternative date? Too soon? If it's a cack idea, just tell me so and I'll quietly escape through the side entrance with my self-esteem in tattters... ;)

Chz!

M

king mob

fanny splendid

yeah, I'll come.

Although, just before I'll suddenly realise that I wont have enough money because I'm saving up for the shite-hole event that is Glastonbury, and it's only next week!

hencole

What! So you want me to trot all the way to Bristol, then go all the way back to London, only to return 3 days later to grab a lift of a mate ito get to glastonbury?

Hmm, now if i could take the whole week off it might be worth it.

king mob

Quote from: "hencole"What! So you want me to trot all the way to Bristol, then go all the way back to London, only to return 3 days later to grab a lift of a mate ito get to glastonbury?

Hmm, now if i could take the whole week off it might be worth it.

This was the reasoning i think i had during the drunken conversation i had with Muteki.

Go ooonnnnnnnn, you'll love it.

gazzyk1ns

In that picture of the Bristol meet, who is the guy in between Fabian Wilnis/Natnats and Muteki/Hairy Chin?

hencole

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"In that picture of the Bristol meet, who is the guy in between Fabian Wilnis/Natnats and Muteki/Hairy Chin?
Do you mean the man with brass eyes or the man with normal squidgy eyes?

king mob

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"In that picture of the Bristol meet, who is the guy in between Fabian Wilnis/Natnats and Muteki/Hairy Chin?

Thats Man With Brass Eyes looking as camp as ever.

king mob

mayer

i'll go, i spent half of the last year back and forth to the place....

plus a Megabus from London may be as little as a quid each way.

didgeripoo

I'll come since I live here. And I'll have just got back off holiday and will have a nice collection of sunburns to display.

fanny splendid

They have those Megabuses up here, I think. Only a pound, and they'll take you all the way to Faluja.

Why they are painted camouflage, I don't know.

Ambient Sheep

We'll be up for it, no problem.  Unless our favourite pub is gonna be full of Euro 2004 fans, which since it doesn't have a telly, it probably won't be.  Hoorah!

TraceyQ

Oooh, not sure. I'm going to London a few days after and if I drive I'm going to have to stay over and that costs money and and and and and and....

I'll see what I can do.

fanny splendid

weekender

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Oh yes, free lift!

You're geographies fucked.  Birmingham to Bristol is like, a directish SW line, whereas Birmingham to Manchester to Bristol is like, a NSE followed by a SSW.  It's impracticable.

Which translates as if Tracey's driving, I want a lift from Birmingham.

Edit: except she'll be in fucking London, which renders my half-hour ruminations on compass abbreviations fucking wasted.  Arse.

Santa's Boyfriend

gazzyk1ns

You should have just stopped trying to complete The Times crossword and had a pint.

Hairy Chin

A day before my birthday meet? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Depends what time the meet is.

Gamma Ray

I'll come so long as you don't force me to endure the living death that is the HatShit.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Gamma Ray"I'll come so long as you don't force me to endure the living death that is the HatShit.
And what's wrong with it?  Lovely beer garden, perfect for sitting outside on a September day and enjoying good company, and you can hear people talking (unlike the Watershed, where the music's too loud).

Might be a bit hot in June though.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Gamma Ray in his subject line"Are you a bunch of goths? Funny, I didn't have you tabbed that way...
Goths?  You sure about that?

Ah, well it's an excuse for some more nostalgia:

It really was a lovely day, and my only regret is not getting there on time.

TraceyQ

It was smashing. Apart from Boki almost getting run over and killed on the way back to the station.

Weekender: I won't be *in* London, I'll be going there the week after. If I'm driving I'll let you know but I wont be sharing a room with you and that is a *fact*.

king mob

Quote from: "Gamma Ray"I'll come so long as you don't force me to endure the living death that is the HatShit.

Its not that bad, its funny to laugh at goths.

Name another large city centre pub that has a beer garden that wont be showing footy?

Almost Yearly

I'll go, probably. It's just a shame I'll only be meeting the same old wankers as last time though. I wanted fresh meat, boo hoo. Lovely spicey Nor'ners. And smoked Lahndahners. Well I suppose there's fanny.

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"God, my head still hurts from that meet...
Eh?

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"I'll go, probably. It's just a shame I'll only be meeting the same old wankers as last time though. I wanted fresh meat, boo hoo. Lovely spicey Nor'ners. And smoked Lahndahners. Well I suppose there's fanny.
And Mayer and Digeripoo and Gamma Ray and...

Almost Yearly

Sorry. Skimmed the thread. Hardly shared a word with you last time either, did I.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: "Muteki"
Quote from: "Almost Yearly"I'll go, probably. It's just a shame I'll only be meeting the same old wankers as last time though. I wanted fresh meat, boo hoo. Lovely spicey Nor'ners. And smoked Lahndahners. Well I suppose there's fanny.
And Mayer and Digeripoo and Gamma Ray and...

Me and my dog will be along as well, if it's an outdoor meet or a pub that isn't too arsey to refuse entry to my furry incarnation of Jiminy Cricket. I'll try to drag jemfred along too, if I can get a collar and lead on him.

Someone else on here lives in Bath too, but I can't remember who... they're probably far too posh to deign to visit Brizzle now the slave-markets are shut though,