Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury meet

Started by king mob, May 18, 2004, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king mob

Quote from: "Benny J. Fish"
Quote from: "king mob"Whos up for meeting apart from Hencole & myself?

Oh bollocks- I'm still sure I owe you a pint of cider! Couldn't get tickets this year...Still, anyone at T? See you at the back of the Wu Tang Clan

You can mail me a pint of cider if you want?

king mob

Quote from: "Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry"gonna be a downer

You dont say much do you?

Bogey

Obviously a "method" poster.

If he's referring to the weather, he could be right:
Quote from: "The BBC"
Pressure should remain predominantly high over southwest England and low over Scandinavia.

Average sunshine amounts and temperatures are likely with cooler spells of weather possible towards East Anglia and the southeast at times. Some places could gradually become rather wet as unsettled weather feeds in from the Atlantic.

king mob

Quote from: "Bogey"Obviously a "method" poster.

If he's referring to the weather, he could be right:
Quote from: "The BBC"
Pressure should remain predominantly high over southwest England and low over Scandinavia.

Average sunshine amounts and temperatures are likely with cooler spells of weather possible towards East Anglia and the southeast at times. Some places could gradually become rather wet as unsettled weather feeds in from the Atlantic.

It says that high pressure will be hanging over the south west though which means it wont be that bad.
Wont be paying much attention to the weather til next week, i actually have my tickets through so i'm now quite happy even though they've spelled one of the names wrong!
How can you mistake Frith for Smith, sheesh!

hencole

Still waiting for my ticket. : ( Should come in the next few days I'd imagine. The BBC website can't even get the weather right for a day in advance so i'm not to worried, yet.

So what are the plans for the Thursday meet up then? I'll be going on the Wednesday so I don't mind what time.

king mob

Quote from: "hencole"Still waiting for my ticket. : ( Should come in the next few days I'd imagine. The BBC website can't even get the weather right for a day in advance so i'm not to worried, yet.

So what are the plans for the Thursday meet up then? I'll be going on the Wednesday so I don't mind what time.

Give Aloud a call & ask when your tickets will be printed, i called Tuesday & they arrived today so its worth giving them a call.

As for the weather, it was supposed to be wet & cold in Brizzle today & its warm and sunny so nahhhhh to the met office!

hencole

Tickets arrived today. Woo.

See you there folks.

king mob

king mob

The site is looking busy

hencole

A long as the weather stays like it is in that picture all will be well, but my internal weather clock is a bit pesimistic at the moment, in part because of the fine weather we are having at the moment.

king mob

Oooo theres a multi coloured tent thats appeared now.

The weather looks like its going to be ok, after all this unrelenting sun a few showers would be nice.

falafel

Judging by the map in the Fine Guide, that brightly coloured tent appears to be toilets. If the big one's the pyramid stage, which, correct me if I'm wrong, it is.

king mob

Quote from: "falafel"Judging by the map in the Fine Guide, that brightly coloured tent appears to be toilets. If the big one's the pyramid stage, which, correct me if I'm wrong, it is.

Yep thats the Pyramid, its just a mass of activity this afternoon.

Bogey

Ahh, my ticket has arrived, along with a "souvenir" ticket with "this is not a ticket" printed in big letters on it.

Hooray hooray hooray.

king mob

That multi coloured tent is one of the beer tents!

Yayyy beer.

falafel

lots going on now; I'm practically pissing myself with excitement.

king mob

Quote from: "falafel"lots going on now; I'm practically pissing myself with excitement.

Better to piss yourself now rather than in your tent.

king mob

You might want to see what the place looks like right now before we all decend upon it.

twatloops

Well, I'm off to Glasto in a few hours!  Yay!  Paid to go to Glastonbury for a week!  Marvellous.

May well pop to the tea tent....

Tad

hencole

Take a picture of handsome old me twatloops. It'll be worth a fortune.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1641?x=0&post=post&code=code&y=0

Weather forecast is now for a dry Glastonbury! Weather that is true remains to be seen.

So are we meeting at this tea tent? If so where is it and at what time? King Mob we need guidance.

Bogey

Well, that weather website does tend to always be wrong.
If it's right though, it's a bit of an arse for Wednesday. I don't think I've ever had to put my tent up in the rain before. Even at the mudcake of 1999 we had a fine Wed. It's bound to be wrong though, so Wednesday will be lovely, and we'll decend into a sludgish hell as the festival progresses.

Ooh, am I tempting fate? Ooh! Ooh! Fate! Come here you little shyster!

Edit: but the BBC go with one of these for Wed:

king mob

Putting tents up in the rain & wind at Glasto is fun, it shows how how capable you are as a person as you discover how quickly you can do it.

The forecast for down here is rain & gales tomorrow with rain/squally showers on Wednesday, however once thats out the way things do look ok from Thursday onwards.It is going to be colder than usual at nights though, so warm jumpers everyone.

Hencole, the Tiny Tea tent is in the Green Fields, you cant miss it as its the only place called the Tiny Tea tent there.
Say 7ish or thereabout, i'll be around there anyhow.

Bogey

Oh bloody hell, colder nights that usual? I'm going to need about fourteen duvets then. Last year was freezing, I even had to go to Joe Bananas for help.

king mob

Its forecast that tempretures will be low enough for a frost on Wednesday night, so its lots of blankets, whiskey & campfires for all.

Jet Set Willy

I just borrowed my tent and practsied putting it up. It was difficult, looks nice when it's done though.

mayer

i'm buying a tent tomorrow, mine died at glastonbury last year (good innings though; V99, Reading 2000-2002, Glastonbury 2003), and getting horribly excited already....

The Killers, Moz, Oasis, The Rapture, HOTS, and of course, another VWs meet.... i'm gonna be heading off early Wednesday morning... so one of you kids come up with a meeting time sharpish!

hencole

Quote from: "king mob"
Hencole, the Tiny Tea tent is in the Green Fields, you cant miss it as its the only place called the Tiny Tea tent there.
Say 7ish or thereabout, i'll be around there anyhow.

7ish is the time. PM me if you want my mobile no.

falafel

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"I just borrowed my tent and practsied putting it up. It was difficult, looks nice when it's done though.

Me too. Mine's conspiculously big for one person. It's the size of my living room. There'll be lots of room for people if it rains, though. Might be a bit of trouble putting it up if it's raining. I always find tents look easier to put up than they really are. You think "Oh, I'll just shove a couple of poles in and I'll be fine", and then two hours later you're tangled in a spider's-web of guy ropes and colour-coded hook assemblies.

Dead excited now, btw. My rucksack's a bit fucking heavy, though. That'll teach me to decant a litre of vodka into an empty Coke bottle. Every little counts...