Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Three Cheers For Darrell!

Started by TJ, May 20, 2004, 04:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Cerys"My keyboard is swimming with heartfelt tears of joy.  And as soon as I get to a machine that has speakers, I'll probably drown that, too.  SNG, you're dumped.
Hang on...I can't drive to Aberystwyth AND Cramlington and then to Bristol all in one day...

Darrell

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"I can't drive to Aberystwyth AND Cramlington and then to Bristol all in one day...

Sounds like a line from an OId McDonald-style folk song about a man trying to drive to the houses of all the Verbwhores before his tea goes cold.

Now there's an idea if ever there was one.

Purple Tentacle

How about pitting jutl, Darrell, fanny splendid and, erm, whoever won Stereo Excursions and Website Whines, in a verbwhore deathmatch contest for the title of "Ultimate Verbwhore"?

Space ghost

Sorry to just barge in.I've been away for a few days and I like to keep abreast of these types of situation in a voyeuristic way.Would some one mind explaining what happened to prompt this mass verbwhore love-in? Did someone start a thread along the lines of  "Darrell smells of fish" or something.Don't get me wrong,I'm sure Darrell is more than deserved of all this admiration ( well done,Dazza! ) But I'd just like to know why we arrived here!
and whats with the Clique challenge thread I don't understand that either!!?

Right. That's quite enough now. Who can we slag off?

TraceyQ

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Space ghost"But I'd just like to know why we arrived here!
You're not the only one, and I've been here all the time!  I can only assume that Darrell's being flamed on NotBBC* again or somewhere, and TJ just wanted to make him feel better.

* - I don't know for sure, as I hardly ever go there as it's so fucking difficult to navigate - who the hell ever thought of structuring a forum like THAT?!?!?

Quoteand whats with the Clique challenge thread I don't understand that either!!?
Explanations are available on the thread itself.

Space ghost

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"I don't know for sure, as I hardly ever go there as it's so fucking difficult to navigate - who the hell ever thought of structuring a forum like THAT?!?!?.

I must agree. I've only ever been there when people link to it from here and I never know what the fuck to do with it, it's a big mess of frames and repeat clicking.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"I've only ever been there when people link to it from here and I never know what the fuck to do with it, it's a big mess of frames and repeat clicking.
Ditto to the first observation; and as for the latter, I felt the same way at first.  I've more-or-less worked it out by now (the key is the link in the top-right-hand frame that says "Show all listed"), but WHY?  Any forum that comes with instructions on how to use it on the first page can't be good...

smoker

according to that site matt lucas is gay, never knew that. i thought dave walliams was?

Cerys

Maybe they both are.  But no - that'd be too much of a coincidence....

Jemble Fred

Paaaaul

I think Walliams is currently enamoured with Lisa Snowdon

TraceyQ

I thought it was Pasty (sic) Kensit. Snowdon's boffing wotsisface again, you know, Clooney. Yeah, him. The one who has the same first name as my son. Doh!

Almost Yearly

I knew I couldn't stick Walliams. I'd rather snog Lucas than arm wrestle Attachments face.

neveragain

Hip hip hooray for Darrell!... hip... hip.... hooray....

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "smoker"according to that site matt lucas is gay, never knew that. i thought dave walliams was?
Odd, isn't it?  If you'd asked me I'd have thought that Walliams was gay and Lucas was straight, not the other way round; I only found out myself a few weeks ago.

Pinball

Quote from: "weekender"EDITED.
Ooh, controversy ;-)

Rats

Not really, he just called someone a cunt and caught the sight of 20 empty cider tins in the corner of his eye and thought that maybe he was jumping the gun.

thatmuch

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "Space ghost"But I'd just like to know why we arrived here!
You're not the only one, and I've been here all the time!  I can only assume that Darrell's being flamed on NotBBC* again or somewhere, and TJ just wanted to make him feel better.

! found out. Darrell accused Nev of stealing some of his and someone else's ideas and using them for a Dead Ringers sketch on the tv. An amusing but ultimately boring thread resulted. Nev said he didn't do it, he never nicked Darrell's stuff and people said Darrell was a bad man and stuff but another person said he's the only person who knows everything about comedy on this site. But you all probably knew that by now anyway.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "thatmuch"Darrell accused Nev of stealing some of his and someone else's ideas and using them for a Dead Ringers sketch on the tv...
Ah right, I did see Darrell mention his theft suspicions in passing somewhere here.  Thanks for that.

Almost Yearly

So anyway, late last night, out of the blue, I thought, "So anyway, where is he then?"

Edit: Sorry, my erroneous bump. Just not venturing out of CC I see.