Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucked up MSN conversations

Started by weekender, June 13, 2004, 01:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

From what I can tell, there is some 15/16 year old female in America called 'Ana' who has a similar e-mail address to mine.  So for the past few years on MSN I've been getting people popping up and saying "Hello Ana" etc.  If I'm sober, I'll usually set them straight and tell them to check the e-mail address.  If I'm a bit pissed and feeling in a playful mood, I'll try and wind them up with ridiculous bollocks.  It's on times like the latter that the following conversation can happen:

Cute Puppy Dog 16

Obvious thanks to Sgt Gary, aka gazzyk1ns.

So, do you ever get similar MSN conversation occurrences?  If so, please use this thread to share them.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Edit. Re-reading that it does look a bit like a wind up, so I'm going to remove my praise so I don't look like a gullible wanker when Weekender jumps out and says 'Hah! APTS fell for it, what a gullible wanker!'

blue jammer

What is the point?

Can you tell me what you got out of doing that?

thomasina

If I'd ever been cuntish enough to do that, i don't think i would have ever been proud enough to put it on display.  It must be a wind-up.

@ssmaster

I have to say I didn't think it was funny, you seemed to push it too far. Personally I don't think tricking a 14 your old girl into thinking their friend is going to kill themselves after being raped entertainment no matter how ridiculous you made it out to be. thumbs down from me.

That was fairly unneccessary, although I can understand your position. For several months I had idiot australians messaging me thinking I was someone with the same name. No matter how many times I told them they wouldn't fuck off so I started doing evil, elaborate stories. Can't remember any of them though.

Rev

You soft buggers.  Who was playing the part of 'cute puppy dog', then?

I hope that was made up.  If it wasnt I feel sorry for you both.

wheatgod

Quotethat's why they haven't found my raper yet
that made me burst with laughter
i feel dirty

edit:
Quoteyou WILL be arrested, JOnathan
that too

good stuff
i spent last summer doing this kind of thing with a friend, to a girl calling herself "funky munkee", but it was built up over a couple of months.
it ended with me going round to my friends house and "shotgunning him with my 12 gague (sic)" because i loved funkee munkee so much

terminallyrelaxed

Is this another one of your "I've done something that would either be quite amusing if I hadnt taken it so far or is just beyond the pale and now I'm going to bask in your admonitions before I tell you all it never happened and I was winding you up" stories, a la "I've battered the local burglar to death with an 18" rubber cock, shall I call the cops or chop him up?" is it weekender?

weekender

Quote from: "blue jammer"What is the point?

Can you tell me what you got out of doing that?

Well, apart from finding it tremendously amusing (after two bottles of white wine, admittedly), I also hope that I've achieved two things.  The first would be to educate Ana's friends into not believing everything they read on the internet, and to check who they're speaking to.  The second would be to try and get Ana to get her own fucking e-mail address correct when she gives it out to her friends.

Quote from: "@ssmaster"I have to say I didn't think it was funny, you seemed to push it too far. Personally I don't think tricking a 14 your old girl into thinking their friend is going to kill themselves after being raped entertainment no matter how ridiculous you made it out to be.

That's fair enough.  I personally found it funny, so I guess we'll agree to disagree on that.

Quote from: "Rev"Who was playing the part of 'cute puppy dog', then?
Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Is this another one of your "I've done something that would either be quite amusing if I hadnt taken it so far or is just beyond the pale and now I'm going to bask in your admonitions before I tell you all it never happened and I was winding you up" stories, a la "I've battered the local burglar to death with an 18" rubber cock, shall I call the cops or chop him up?" is it weekender?

No-one was 'playing the part' of 'cute_puppy_dog' - as far as I'm aware she is actually a friend of 'Ana', who lives in America.  The conversation was genuine.

Vermschneid Mehearties

After an initial disgust, I actually found that pretty funny. Though to be honest, it wasn't really about educating Ana about the perils of the internet was it weekender- more about entertaining yourself.

Definately more amusing than when I reverse-charged the Samaritans and pretended to kill myself. I just wanted to find out whether they would actually send an ambulance to the callers address, which to their credit- they didn't. I felt fucking ashamed after that, and it ended my 2 year long reign of terror as regards prank calling. Does anyone know of any law regarding prank calling commercial business? Is it illegal, or just mostly funny?

weekender

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Though to be honest, it wasn't really about educating Ana about the perils of the internet was it weekender- more about entertaining yourself.

You're quite right, it was about entertaining myself - as I said in response to blue jammer's post, I found it to be tremendously amusing.  I was asked what I got out of doing it though, and I think the minor points I made are valid.

pretty dead boy

it's just rank, though, isn't it?  she likely wasn't in the giggly mood you were in.  can you imagine sitting down to talk to your friend and hearing they've been raped?

If that was real then that was a fucking heartless thing to do to someone. Admitedly you and gazzy had some great lines in there but the fact that two 20 somethings could get kicks out of traumatising a clueless american teen is quite disturbing. I don't think she really deserved that, do you?

I agree though that it will have probably taught her an important lesson.

Weekender, you sir are a cunt. But then you probably knew that already didn't you? ;-)

Timmay

It's people like you that give the internet a bad name.

TraceyQ

Regular John

It went on for too long, you should have stopped stringing her along after the poem and ripped into her!

Doctor Stamen

Well it made me laugh lots.

Ana's friends should probably try getting her e-mail address right in future.  That's assuming that cute_puppy_dog16 is a real friend of hers.  It sounds like the kind of name a nonce might use to lure unsuspecting kids into his woodland hideaway.

Silver SurferGhost

weekender, winding someone up you say?

No, I'm afraid I don't understand...

Vermschneid Mehearties

After a second read, the funny bits get funnier, but towards the end, when she's basically begging you to reply was really harsh (and it actually reminded me of the time I mentioned above where I phoned the Samaritans for a laugh and said I'd just swallowed a flagon of sleeping pills, but in the end I just plain regretted ever doing it) , and in hindsight you shouldn't have done that. Fortunately, the bit after that was excellent. It made me laugh, and cry. Much in the way Brass Eye Special did. That's a compliment by the way.

falafel

I felt quite unsettled by that, actually. It was unncecessarily mean. But hey, what the hell. She's American. She'll probably find out your address and sue you.

Cerys

I'm very disappointed in you, weekender.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"After a second read, the funny bits get funnier, but towards the end, when she's basically begging you to reply was really harsh (and it actually reminded me of the time I mentioned above where I phoned the Samaritans for a laugh and said I'd just swallowed a flagon of sleeping pills, but in the end I just plain regretted ever doing it) , and in hindsight you shouldn't have done that. Fortunately, the bit after that was excellent. It made me laugh, and cry. Much in the way Brass Eye Special did. That's a compliment by the way.

Fuck off, you fucking fuckwit.

cptwhite

Funny, but very harsh.  I'm glad you wrote that and not me.

Shade

if you've never been raped then you're lucky

haha yeah

This bit made me laugh, am I going to hell?

Cerys

Of course, if she and her parents called the police, and it's all traced back to you, you'll probably be arrested as a groomer....

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"After a second read, the funny bits get funnier, but towards the end, when she's basically begging you to reply was really harsh (and it actually reminded me of the time I mentioned above where I phoned the Samaritans for a laugh and said I'd just swallowed a flagon of sleeping pills, but in the end I just plain regretted ever doing it) , and in hindsight you shouldn't have done that. Fortunately, the bit after that was excellent. It made me laugh, and cry. Much in the way Brass Eye Special did. That's a compliment by the way.

Calm down, it's not that awful. At one point it's pretty bloody despicable, and I hope he regrets it, but other than that, I found it really funny, and if I'm going to hell for that, then see you there.

Some Herbert

Weekender, if that conversation is real then you should hang your head in shame. It was a horrible thing to do to someone. She was probably quite traumatised by it, and for what? Just so you can have a bit of a laugh?

Your rationale that she should learn to get the email address right is absolutely feeble in light of what you did. Is her "crime" so serious that it warrants being scared witless that her friend was going to top herself?

Quote from: "Cerys"Of course, if she and her parents called the police, and it's all traced back to you, you'll probably be arrested as a groomer....

And that's a real possibility, Weekender. In the current hysterical climate over child abuse you are treading a very fine line.

king mob

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"
Quote from: "TraceyQ"

Calm down, it's not that awful. At one point it's pretty bloody despicable, and I hope he regrets it, but other than that, I found it really funny, and if I'm going to hell for that, then see you there.

The fact you found anything in that funny is rather unpleasant & the thing is just plain nasty.