Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:37:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Some Advice

Started by Sam, June 28, 2004, 02:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermschneid Mehearties

Fucking hell. Remind me never to take drugs, it's bound to come in useful one day when I'd rather be an irritating dullard than come across as a freak for other people to laugh at.

I didn't actually find it that funny. You actually came across as monumentally depressed and freaked out. I know some people like to laugh at people when they're stoned, but I tend to just pity them more.

True, 'shit...of fuck' is approaching hilarious, but then I've laughed equally loud at comic moments which were created by people who were as straight and sober as you can get.

Almost Yearly

< Lifts one ear but doesn't open eyes, like a dozing Bloodhound who's heard a fly >

Where are you again, Sam? St.Austell was it, or Lizard? Could still get that pint in sometime, couldn't we. Listen to some of your jazz perhaps. I've got this bud, see. Took it to the meet and everyfink ...

hands cold, liver warm

I wonder what kind of posts a person would make if they had just been released from being trapped in a flotation tank for a month and had to suck on the epsom salts to survive?

weird scenes inside the goldmine dude

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Fucking hell. Remind me never to take drugs, it's bound to come in useful one day when I'd rather be an irritating dullard than come across as a freak for other people to laugh at...
Ah, I wondered when you'd chip in.

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"but then I've laughed equally loud at comic moments which were created by people who were as straight and sober as you can get.

Location: Ahugeevergrowingpulsatingbrain thatrulesfromthecentreof theultraworld
And of course none of the members of The Orb have EVER taken drugs.  Not one.  Ever.  A less totally drugs-inspired band you could not hope to find.

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "Some sanctimonious little shit"I didn't actually find it that funny. You actually came across as monumentally depressed and freaked out. I know some people like to laugh at people when they're stoned, but I tend to just pity them more.

Have you tried wanking?

Vermschneid Mehearties

*bait taken*

"Reel it in fella's!"

I'm perfectly aware that The Orb are a group who habitually use drugs. In fact their album Pomme Fritz is possibly the best example of music created by stoners. Some of their music is also extremely amusing "We're all Pastie to Be Grill You", "Egnable","Gee Strings" etc. What is interesting is that their latest album 'Bicycles & Tricycles' was done whilst going completely straight. In fact the track 'Now Here' on Version 1 was dedicated to Alex Paterson going 'cold turkey', and the near classic track 'Dilmun' is supposed to be the recreation of one of the dreams he had whilst in that process.

Even so, I'm sure the music they make is perfectly achievable without having to take drugs. The consistentcy of 'Bicycles and Tricycles' is preferrable to the dirge which is the album 'Pomme Fritz'.*

*Give or take the title track, and Alles Ist Schoen.

QuoteHave you tried wanking?

Have you tried wit?

TraceyQ

You mean you actually know what wit is?

Go out and take some drugs, you cossetted little Mummy's boy.

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteYou mean you actually know what Wit is?

I think so. He's a little Polish boy who lives down our street.

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Have you tried wit?

You

Vermschneid Mehearties

*grin*

Yeah, not far off. Just turn the hair black and inject 22ppm of 'Cuntiol' and you're halfway there.

Remind me next time not to criticise people who take drugs. I forgot that in a liberal-minded forum, you have to be liberal about everything. Not like me- some fuckwitted drug-nazi.

hands cold, liver warm

If someone was decapitated and their head was attached to wires so that any thoughts they had during the 10 seconds that their brain was still functioning were posted onto verbwhores, I wonder what those posts would be like?

Those posts would be fun and a lesson in quality over quanitity.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quote from: "hands cold, liver warm"If someone was decapitated and their head was attached to wires so that any thoughts they had during the 10 seconds that their brain was still functioning were posted onto verbwhores, I wonder what those posts would be like?

Those posts would be fun and a lesson in quality over quanitity.

I've just worked it out- You're making a similar point to me (though much better, and less pompously)!

Quick guys...flame him!

Almost Yearly

< Bloodhound mistakes hclw for a tin opener and opens eyes >

Yeah yeah, if someone had some biscuits and warm milk...

weekender

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"it's bound to come in useful one day when I'd rather be an irritating dullard than come across as a freak for other people to laugh at.

If I thought for a second that you even understood ironic self-deprecation, I'd laugh at that.  As it stands though, it just reinforces my view of you as a flannel.

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteIf I thought for a second that you even understood ironic self-deprecation

It was supposed to be. And for the third time today, someone totally misses my joke. I think I'll retreat to relentless Iannucci quotes.

Edit-Somehow managed to spell Iannucci incorrectly. I could've killed myself...

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Quote from: "weekender"
Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"it's bound to come in useful one day when I'd rather be an irritating dullard than come across as a freak for other people to laugh at.

As it stands though, it just reinforces my view of you as a flannel.

Fucking. Excellent. Post.

I never thought I'd find the word flannel either a) insulting b) funny, and in particular, in one whole sentence. : thumbsup :

weekender

Quote from: "flannerl"I think I'll retreat to relentless Ianucci quotes.

Why don't you just retreat?  Away from Verbwhores, like.

Anyway, you meant 'resort.'

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quote from: "weekender"
Quote from: "flannerl"I think I'll retreat to relentless Iannucci quotes.

Why don't you just retreat?  Away from Verbwhores, like.

Anyway, you meant 'resort.'

Either 'resort' or 'retreat' is ok, and I thought 'retreat' seemed more appropriate.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"
Either 'resort' or 'retreat' is ok, and I thought 'retreat' seemed more appropriate.

Who fucking says, thesaurus boy?

Vermschneid Mehearties

You can be very unpleasant sometimes...

Both 'retreat' or 'resort' can be used in that sentence, though it would have done me much more good to post "Yes Mr.weekender Sir. Can I have 10p to go and get a packet of crisps and some sweets?".

TraceyQ

Where you are concerned, you over-educated precocious bag of acne, I am always unpleasant.

Vermschneid Mehearties

My skin is clean and unblotched. Though your description seems to fit Chris Morris quite well.

Besides, there's no need for such unpleasance (? Donald ?). Don't you think it's a bit irrational?

Frinky

No, you've earned it. And I was the one who used to stick up for you.

TraceyQ

Funnily enough, just you being around seems to render me irrational. Something to do with you being very, very irritating.

Do you have many friends in real life? Do you ever go out to the pub or is that all beneath you and your massive intellect?

Unpleasantness

weekender

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Either 'resort' or 'retreat' is ok.

No they fucking aren't, go and read a fucking dictionary.

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteDo you have many friends in real life? Do you ever go out to the pub or is that all beneath you and your massive intellect?

Fucking hell. And I get abuse...

Yes. Yes I do, and no it isn't. You don't know sod all about me, and you're just making yourself look as if you have an inferiority complex. Can't criticize my intellect, so you attack my personal life. It's always been the same with you though hasn't it TraceyQ. I show a little bit of unexpected intelligence after my early drivel (and it was drivel) and you then find that a bit uncomfortable, and start belittling it (EG-"is that beneath your massive intellect"). And then I disclose a bit of information about my personal life, for example, mentioning that I was still a virgin. That kept you fed for nasty backbiting comments for months when I wasn't even attacking you or being personally nasty towards you, and then even when a fortnight ago I mentioned in passing that I'd lost my virginity, you couldn't resist  having a go then could you?

That's the sort of technique which back in your schooldays might be have been considered 'bullying', and now I've come to the conclusion that you just have an inferiority complex because someone younger than you has the ability to stand up and argue with you, and you can't cope with that. Granted, a lot of the time it ends up with me looking like a total prick, but it's not all about me (though you'd suggest otherwise wouldn't you!). I try not to get fixed opinions about people but you're maing it very difficult.

Apologies to anyone else who has to read this, but I thought I'd post it on here publicly seen as TraceyQ has already done a lot worse to me.

TraceyQ

What? Am I supposed to read all that?

Jet Set Willy

I'll summarize:

he thinks that his posts show him to be clever.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quotehe thinks that his posts show him to be clever.

Hmmm:

Quote(and it was drivel)
Quotea lot of the time it ends up with me looking like a total prick

Supreme powers of observation there.