Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Some Advice

Started by Sam, June 28, 2004, 02:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jet Set Willy

heh, I am starting to think you're doing it on purpose.

weekender

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Fucking hell. And I get abuse...

Yes, and deservedly so.  I'm going to offer certain comments here because I hate you just as much, and some of your comments have really fucking riled me.

QuoteYou don't know sod all about me, and you're just making yourself look as if you have an inferiority complex.

On the contrary, I think that it's a superiority complex that all your haters have.  You're a little shit and, believe it or not, the majority of posters on here are better than you, for many many reasons.

QuoteCan't criticize my intellect, so you attack my personal life. It's always been the same with you though hasn't it TraceyQ.

Direct argument aimed at Tracey there, so my only comment is that it is quite easy to criticize VM's intellect (or lack thereof).

QuoteI show a little bit of unexpected intelligence after my early drivel (and it was drivel)

When did this happen then?  Very occasionally you can offer a point of view which is reasonable, but you've shown no signs of intelligence in backing - or trying to back - it up.

Quoteand you then find that a bit uncomfortable, and start belittling it (EG-"is that beneath your massive intellect").

OK, that's a direct argument towards Tracey, but one which is easily belittled - you don't have a massive intellect VM.  If you did, you wouldn't  be in the sort of situation where people despise you.

QuoteAnd then I disclose a bit of information about my personal life, for example, mentioning that I was still a virgin. That kept you fed for nasty backbiting comments for months when I wasn't even attacking you or being personally nasty towards you, and then even when a fortnight ago I mentioned in passing that I'd lost my virginity, you couldn't resist  having a go then could you?

I have been meaning to ask about that - given your behaviour on here, I can only assume that it was with a prostitute.  Was it?

QuoteThat's the sort of technique which back in your schooldays might be have been considered 'bullying', and now I've come to the conclusion that you just have an inferiority complex because someone younger than you has the ability to stand up and argue with you, and you can't cope with that.

You?  Stand up and argue?  Fuck off.

QuoteGranted, a lot of the time it ends up with me looking like a total prick

Maybe that's because you are a total prick?

Quote, but it's not all about me (though you'd suggest otherwise wouldn't you!).

Well to be fair, you do make a hell of a lot of 'Me Me Me' posts - ooh, like this one.  You nearly ruined Neil's birthday thread like this, although I see that you've now edited that.  As you quite rightly state, it should have been in a PM.  This is the major problem as far as I'm concerned - it seems to me that you just spout off whatever you want without giving any thought to the context in which you're posting.

QuoteI try not to get fixed opinions about people but you're maing it very difficult.

Ah, fixed opinions are great.  I think you're a fucking cunt, that's my fixed opinion.  To change my opinion on that you've got to do a hell of a lot.

QuoteApologies to anyone else who has to read this, but I thought I'd post it on here publicly seen as TraceyQ has already done a lot worse to me.

Dunno why you're picking on Tracey, I thought my abuse was better.

Sam

Oh dear. I knew this thread should have been buried. Please don't argue, people.

For the people who think what I wrote was wank: I agree! That's why I deleted it initially. I requested that it should be reposted because some people genuinley wanted to see what the fuss was about. It was just gibberish, the sort that every other person generates when they're uber-stoned. Obviously, most people have the sense not to post it on a message board. That was my the mistake. Some people found it funny and some people obviously think I'm a tit. That's fine, I brought it upon myself.

Now will everyone stop arguing!

Oh, Almost Yearly, I'm in Bude, right up in the North. I'm definitely up for having a smoke/drink/chat at the next meet I can get to, or if you're ever up this end of Cornwall, let me know.

Sam

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"You actually came across as monumentally depressed and freaked out.

Ha!

Quote from: "Sam"At the moment I am probably the most happy and optimisitic I have ever been in my life. I feel confident, I feel like I can do anything and that my whole future is ahead of me. The knowledge that there is so much out there, an infinite amount of art to appreciate, people to meet and friendships to make, places and sights to see etc is a deliciously daunting feeeling.

It's amazing how we as human beings can get so bogged down in the minutae of daily life. If you're not happy with something, change it! Not having money or skills is no excuse. It's incredible how people will confine themselves. There are no limits - only your imagination. It may sound cliched, but it's true. You only have to believe it.

In relative terms (compared to some parts of the world) we live in a great society. People are constantly bemoaning loss of freedom and increasing restriction. But the fact is, society is only restrictive in a superficial way. As I mentioned, the human mind and imagination transcends all barriers. Our society is not so restrictive that an individual cannot better themselves. Anyone can do it, anywhere in the world. Obviously, in somewhere like the UK, if I decide I want to know everything about butterflies or evolutionary biology, I can just waltz down the library and this is a luxury not afforded to most people in the world. But even the most impoverished still have their own mind and the ability to think whatever they want. That is a wondrous gift.

The key to everything is an open mind. By having prejuidices and preconceived notions you automatically cut yourself of from inumerable works of art and acheivement just waiting to be appreciated and generate immense spiritual well-being.

And even if you don't have a thrist for knowledge, it doesn't matter - nature exceeds all man-made thrills. All you need is yourself and a place to stand and look out at the world. Am I the only one who finds that a beautiful thing?

It all sounds so simple doesn't it? That's because it is. Humans are amazing, YOU are an amazing creature.

Those who would cynically balk and what I have said in this post are probably the very people who are inscrutably unhappy with their lives.

Now live, damn you, LIVE!

Now, I know that may all sound like wishy-washy temporary happiness, but I truly belive it. Every day for the last two months I have gotten out of bed feeling great and that feeling hasn't waned for the rest of the day. Two months, and not showing a sign of going away. A lot of people couldn't say the same.

Vermschneid Mehearties

I can accept a lot of that, though I'd prefer it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

Quotethe majority of posters on here are better than you, for many many reasons.

I never for a second said they weren't. Though I like to treat the forum on a post to post basis, it is blatantly obvious that there are people far more intelligent, more experienced, and generally superior to me. The comments made by some of those people  are undermined by bullying younger posters, insulting them with genuinely nasty, personal abuse.
I am well aware that people on here are better than me, though it doesn't discredit the idea that they find a 17 year old able to argue with them on various topics (with an erratic degree of success) uncomfortable, and using someones age and personal information to try and undermines and belittle them like you and TraceyQ have is pathetic, and does show an inferiority complex.

Quoteyou don't have a massive intellect VM. If you did, you wouldn't be in the sort of situation where people despise you.

I can name many people with massive intellects who are thoroughly despised. It isn't a prerequisite for popularity. If so, Jade Goody would be Prime Minister. I also never said I had a massive intellect, so it is you that has used that quote out of context. That was part of TraceyQ's attempt to belittle me.

QuoteWhen did this happen then? Very occasionally you can offer a point of view which is reasonable, but you've shown no signs of intelligence in backing - or trying to back - it up.

When I first visited here, I was 15 years old and I thought I had to adopt some faux-Morris persona to be 1.Liked and 2.Noticed. Clearly that was wrong, and I've matured a lot since then, if any reasonable person has cared to notice. I realised the forum dealt with general topics, not just silly Morris fan-fiction, and started voicing my opinion on general topics, and since then I've progressed to become (I hope) someone who isn't seen as a 'crap troll'.

QuoteI have been meaning to ask about that - given your behaviour on here, I can only assume that it was with a prostitute. Was it?

Are you just trying to wind me up? No, it wasn't with a prostitute. Insulting me in that manner is similar to me relentlessly humiliating you your alcoholism. But have I? Not once.

QuoteYou nearly ruined Neil's birthday thread like this, although I see that you've now edited that. As you quite rightly state, it should have been in a PM.

I was replying to thomasina's comment about my avatar anyway. I didn't see you having a go at him. Besides, when have you ever given a shit about birthday threads?

QuoteDunno why you're picking on Tracey, I thought my abuse was better.

I'm not sure how I could respond to that without sounding like you. I'd rather choke to death on diced carrots than do that.

weekender

Quote from: "Sam"It was just gibberish, the sort that every other person generates when they're uber-stoned. Obviously, most people have the sense not to post it on a message board.

Obviously.

Do you see VM, you little cunt, do you?  Do you see???

Sam, did you take drugs as a way out of coping with the pain of losing your brother, or were there other underlying factors?  Or are you taking them as a way of 'living your life to the full' - perhaps related to the former?  Or is there some other reason?

I only ask because I'm intrigued as to why people take drugs.  Most 'drugs' (even the soft stuff) don't do anything for me really, whereas alcohol (which is in itself a drug, admittedly) is my weakness, and I get great pleasure from being tipsy and listening to music, which is my stress release.  Maybe I've misunderstood completely, in which case I apologise in advance.

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteHa!

Yeah that's all very well Sam, but even that passage is a bit worrying, as it suggests manic-depression and mood swings. I'm not in the camp that think you're a tit. If you want to keep feeling like that then it's not up to anyone else to tell you what to do.

TraceyQ

Oh, so I'm inferior, then.

Glad we sorted that out.

monkhouse terror

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Oh, so I'm inferior, then.

Glad we sorted that out.

Are you the same as weekender with this inferiority complex issue?

An inferiority complex does not infer that you are inferior, though it does imply that you are scared of feeling inferior, and my age appears to be a factor that has affected this somewhat. The rather flippant sidestep of a response indicates that you're scared to tackle the issue head-on, which supports my theory even more. Just kill me now before my smugness engulfs the surface of the planet.

----

Thanks-a-plenty to monkhouse for cheering me up.

----

QuoteDo you see VM, you little cunt, do you? Do you see???

I see the point quite clearly, and I understand it. I'd appreciate not being called little considering I'm 6' 0", it's hardly accurate. I'd also appreciate not being called a cunt, but I'm not going to win with that one. Soon the tedium of your insults will hit home, I'm sure.

weekender

Wheeeeeeeeee, and so it begins *grins*.

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"I never for a second said they weren't. Though I like to treat the forum on a post to post basis

Actually, it's nice to hear you say that.  I personally try hard to treat an individual post on it's own merits - witness that thread about Henman where I agreed with you for example.  However, when someone is as continually wrong as you, it gets very difficult, because I do actually consider you to be a fuckwit.

Quoteit is blatantly obvious that there are people far more intelligent, more experienced, and generally superior to me.

Blatantly.

QuoteThe comments made by some of those people  are undermined by bullying younger posters, insulting them with genuinely nasty, personal abuse.

Hmm, I'm not sure about your argument regarding 'bullying younger posters' to be honest.  I think it's fair to say that idiots - or idiotic postings - get abused, regardless of whether the poster is new or not.

QuoteI am well aware that people on here are better than me, though it doesn't discredit the idea that they find a 17 year old able to argue with them on various topics (with an erratic degree of success)

You see, this is what I don't get.  You admit that you have an 'erratic degree of success' with your arguments, and yet you don't see why people get frustrated with you.  The reason for that, I think, is perhaps down to your attitude when it comes to being wrong.  No-one's perfect, and people will make mistakes, fine.  I think that people's attitudes to making mistakes is the key thing - I'm not going to come up with examples of when I've said I'm wrong as that would sound incredibly self-praising, and that's not how I am.  But if I fuck up, I'll say 'sorry', try and explain, and move on.  Your attitude seems to be to challenge everything and have a go at people - I refer you to your attacks on Tracey tonight.   Why not just say 'Yeah, I was wrong?'.

QuoteI can name many people with massive intellects who are thoroughly despised. It isn't a prerequisite for popularity. If so, Jade Goody would be Prime Minister. I also never said I had a massive intellect, so it is you that has used that quote out of context. That was part of TraceyQ's attempt to belittle me.

Fair enough, I shall concede on that point, perhaps I misinterpreted the comments.

QuoteWhen I first visited here, I was 15 years old and I thought I had to adopt some faux-Morris persona to be 1.Liked and 2.Noticed. Clearly that was wrong, and I've matured a lot since then, if any reasonable person has cared to notice. I realised the forum dealt with general topics, not just silly Morris fan-fiction, and started voicing my opinion on general topics, and since then I've progressed to become (I hope) someone who isn't seen as a 'crap troll'.

Heh, not quite, you're still a troll as far as I'm concerned.  However, I do have to give you credit - you're trying, and trying to explain your position relatively well.  Much as I may despise you, I have to give you credit for that.

QuoteAre you just trying to wind me up? No, it wasn't with a prostitute. Insulting me in that manner is similar to me relentlessly humiliating you your alcoholism.

Yeah, I threw that in as a throwaway comment towards the end, admittedly, I assumed you'd get that and you were right in your reaction.  Well-reasoned, and yet with a very-thinly-veiled (actually not veiled at all) comment on my alcoholism.  The fact that either comment is not being treated as the main point is good.

QuoteI was replying to thomasina's comment about my avatar anyway. I didn't see you having a go at him. Besides, when have you ever given a shit about birthday threads?

Yep, a fair point, it was thomasina's fault for bringing up the subject of avatars at an inappropriate time.  Your reaction summed up my thoughts on you though - you just responded on the comment to make it into a 'MeMeMe' thread.  Fair play to you for retracting it though, and I mean that.

QuoteI'm not sure how I could respond to that without sounding like you. I'd rather choke to death on diced carrots than do that.

Ah, the last throwaway line of an abuse post.  Erm...

"Yeah, well I'd rather have my genitals sliced by Gordon Ramsay, and have then served on a platter to the royal family who think they're eating sheep's eyes than look at your face."

God that was rubbish, sorry.

weekender

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"An inferiority complex does not infer that you are inferior, though it does imply that you are scared of feeling inferior, and my age appears to be a factor that has affected this somewhat. The rather flippant sidestep of a response indicates that you're scared to tackle the issue head-on, which supports my theory even more. Just kill me now before my smugness engulfs the surface of the planet.

It's not your age that's a problem, the problem is that you have a condescending attitude without knowing what you're talking about.

It really is that simple.

Regular John

Sam

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"
QuoteHa!

Yeah that's all very well Sam, but even that passage is a bit worrying, as it suggests manic-depression and mood swings.

What? I have never even been mildly depressed, let alone manically depressed. Sure I've felt shit or "sad" or lonely but nothing that has lasted more than a day and couldn't be cured by a night's sleep or talking to my friends. I fail to see how dealing with bereavement and coming out of it happy and adjusted constitutes beeing depressed.

sproggy

Manic depression?  it floats my boat rather well.

My dark days tend to piss Mrs sproglet off pretty successfully, but we all work as a team and we get through them o.k. (touchwood)

Some of the sharpest and most beautiful minds in history had bipolar disorder, so to use the term as an insult is misplaced in my opinion.

Love the avatar by the way Vermin

morgs

At the risk of seeming a
Quotecrap troll
can I just  mention that I missed all of this thread until about 5 minutes ago and have been taken from comedy highs to tragic lows.  And that was just in the pub.

I can fully understand where Sam was coming from (having been a youngster myself once) but the explosive comments which have followed have been fascinating.  I don't post that often and I have no idea whether I am worthy of anyone having an opinion about me, but I have obviously managed to miss the open skirmishes in a Battle Royale between VM and many others.

If only people would chill out - I agree with weekender that alcohol is my drug of choice by the way - and if they can't chill out then I hope that they can continue to be as witty as some of the posters in this thread have been.

And finally Sam, I would be interested in knowing the answer to weekender's question about the underlying causes.  Mine was uncontrollable curiosity and the feeling that 'this is what you do at uni'.  What led you to the weed?

A Passing Turk Slipper

Can you feel the love?

Sam

Morgs:

The quick answer(s):

I smoked weed before my brother died.

I continue to smoke afterwards.

I've never paid a penny for drugs. I don't even roll. I just smoke what's passed.

I don't (and never have) smoked that regularly. I have the odd joint and the odd heavy dudy sesh.

I have never taken any drug other than cannabis (and alcohol if you want to count that).

Sometimes I smoke purely for the state of mind. Most of the time it's a purely social thing, no different to going down the pub with my mates.

I see weed as a fun and inessential thing, just another small thing in the big list of things that makes life great.

Hope that helps.

morgs

In that case Sam you sound completely sane to me!  And I am not sure where VM was going with his views...  By the way Sam even in your most out-of-it state you seem to open up some cracking threads!

PS - hope that didn't sound like brown-nosing!

Sam

Heh, thanks for the compliment. Can I get that certificate of sanity in writing? Or maybe as a red-ink stamp on my hand?

falafel

Is the fight over now?

Ah, good.

Interesting thread.

Regular John

Sam is a heroin head, pass it on.

untitled_london

Quote from: "Regular John"Sam is a heroin head, pass it on.

*ahem*

i think the 'correct' vernacular would read

'sam is a smackie'

equally aliterated(??) if okay by you i'll pass on that version

:D

falafel

So it's gone from Insult Tennis to Chinese Whispers now. What next?

Sam

Quote from: "Sam"

I have never taken any drug other than cannabis (and alcohol if you want to count that).

Whoops, forgot to include heroin in that list. Well, it's not a bad drug really, is it? Now, where did I leave that needle?

falafel

Whoops, forgot to include heroin in that list. Well, it's not a bad drug really, is it? Now, where did I leave that needle?

I think you forgot to take it out of your eyeball.

Etc. Etc. Sorry.

untitled_london

Quote from: "falafel"So it's gone from Insult Tennis to Chinese Whispers now. What next?

hahaha, i was saving any continuation of my rant against henman and tennis's woeful funding for when he gets knocked out...but hey if you want to bump that thread up - i'll see if i can rustle up a rant.

:P

Fucknose

weekender

Sam's died of a drugs overdose?  Well that doesn't surprise me, he went right off the rails after his brother died.

untitled_london

*note to self (i): read the page before, before posting, lest you mistakenly think someone has had a pop at you for having a pop @ henman*

*note to self (ii): write notes to self more clearly (try and not repeat words)*

*note to self (iii): don't post notes to self, they will become a source for others to riducule you*