Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:11:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

a midsummer's night dream query

Started by alargeblackmaggot, July 01, 2004, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alargeblackmaggot

I'm accompanying (hardly willingly) my girlfriend and her parents to an alfresco production of the aforementioned bard's play tomorrow evening and I seem to remember someone in here recently  gave a brief description of it's subtext  and themes, starting his discourse by informing us that  donkeys have the hardest cocks.
Obviously ,I'd love to 'bone'up this for tomorrow evening , doubly so as her father is a minister and her mother is  a prude par excellence, and I believe it would enliven the post performance discussions if I could reiterate a few points of this thesis,  but I couldn't find it during several searches.
So can anyone help me allocate it ? (i hope i never dreamt it)

alargeblackmaggot

it's looking like I imagined it ..............(again)

skibz

I always thought Shakespeare had taken a little too much ether before writing that play - despite loving most of the rest (especialled Twelfth Night) I honestly thought, afterseeing the play twice and reading the script, it was a load of pointless twaddle.

But that's just my opinion. Anyway, to answer your original post, try this:

How to enjoy 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

edit: Sorry, no donkey cocks though. But you could argue that the play was a prototype for 'jam' :)