Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do I get ink off my fingers?

Started by Manford Thirty-Sixborough, July 02, 2004, 11:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Last night, I refilled my colour cartridge, and, as a consequence, my fingers are bright blue. The question is: how do I stop them from being?

I've scrubbed them with every cleaning product in my flat, and it's just making no impression. Please can someone help relieve my blues?

skibz

A bath full of lye could help :)

sore bottom mum

Wear a beret and pretend you're an artist.

With these fingers, I already look like an artist, it's just that it appears that my medium of choice is felt-tip.

Regular John

Pretend you are mutating for a few hours and then use white spirit or something.

Vermschneid Mehearties

*Decides this is not the time to ask Manford Thirty-Sixborough to change his name to Young Kenny*

Ink is one of those things that comes off gradually. Keep rubbing and that will shed your ink-stained skin cells (try saying that quickly) quicker, and you'll have your pinkies back in no time.

Dr David V

Paint the rest of yourself blue and no-one will notice.

hencole

Paint the rest of yourself blue and know one will notice.

Apart from that white spirit and a cheese grater often helps.

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "skibz"A bath full of lye could help :)

Also, try a bath full of water. You'll get soaking wet but it might do the trick.

Regular John

Paint the rest of yourself blue and join the Blue Man Group in Las Vegas. Big money apparently!

sore bottom mum

Paint the rest of yourself blue.

...am I too late?

Vermschneid Mehearties

Paint the rest of y...

Oh, actually, that won't answer the question "How do I get ink off my fingers?" will it?

skibz

You could do some gardening to make them green :)

Maybe the ink is asking the same question about your fingers, you should investigate, maybe you can reach some kind of understanding where both can go their seperate ways without resorting to hostility.

fanny splendid

Timmay

Tipp-Ex. Works on paper, dunnit?

Pinball

Swarfega or that stuff for cleaning paint off your hands that B&Q sells

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Wear a pair of gloves. Make sure that they're not fingerless mittens though.
If after a while you start to see the ink come off the one hand, remove one glove a lá Michael Jackson stylee, and start shouting "Cha'mone motherfucker!!" every five minutes, whilst grabbing your crotch. Just to blend in.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"Is it washable or permanent ink?

*Gale of laughter*

sore bottom mum

Special effects people get their actors/ weather girls to stand in front of blue backgrounds that magically project to the viewer that they are in fact standing on the moon/ in front of a weather map etc....

When I was a young chap I went on a school trip to the Museum  of Moving Image (MOMI) on London's South Bank. They had this blue mat which you could lie on.... and then see yourself flying in the sky on a screen above... like Superman (or a weather girl).

if that helps?

Mediocre Rich

Urine and sugar.

And I'm not taking the piss (pun intended) something to do with the calcium oxalate.

mook

Washing up powder and a slug of fairy liquid.* Failing that a ten minutes rub with a pumice stone.

Anyone else here been fingerprinted? that stuff come of a treat with just brief scrub with a soapy nailbrush. There must be special stuff in rozza ink.

*Stop it.

Almost Yearly

Do what you did, precisely the same, backwards.

Or paint the rest of yourself blue and join Rockbitch. < That's gotta be Work Safe. This isn't > .