Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:58:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

This bit from the lesser-mentioned Talking Books one-off has been stuck in my head this morning, there's so much going on in these two minutes. Tom Davis plays it perfectly, very well-observed and nicely understated to fit in with the comparatively serious tone of the entire thing. A more realistic and uncomfortable interpretation of what a Partridge fan might be like than Jed Maxwell.

buttgammon

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 16, 2024, 08:52:06 PM

This bit from the lesser-mentioned Talking Books one-off has been stuck in my head this morning, there's so much going on in these two minutes. Tom Davis plays it perfectly, very well-observed and nicely understated to fit in with the comparatively serious tone of the entire thing. A more realistic and uncomfortable interpretation of what a Partridge fan might be like than Jed Maxwell.

I love this bit, even the editing is great (the camera returning to the audience).

popcorn

Yes it's fantastic, a truly sophisticated bit of work. In the early Alan days just the stuff he's saying (bragging about his garage, "the history of fire" etc) would be the joke here, but in this case it's woven into a complex and satisfying bigger scene.