Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What good is going to come from this?

Started by TheMonk, March 24, 2020, 09:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on April 07, 2020, 06:34:23 PM
Bored, inadequate, depressed husk.

Can't wait!

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 07, 2020, 07:59:58 PM
Greenland?

Toronto to Halifax, NS. Nice city, not too small, tons of family there to look after the nipper so I can disappear down the boozer for the occasional 6 day session. Google reckons it is 1,117 miles.

Mostly excited about leaving my job tbh which is stressful as fuck. I'm sick of working 60hr weeks for The Man. Wanna work 0hr weeks for nobody.

idunnosomename

i love matt lucas wholesomely duetting with the stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-XzDVx3BM

hope he does george "corpsegrinder" fisher next. i mean joking aside george is such a good egg he'd probably do it

Head Gardener

jobotic

Corbyn's gone. Pollard's work is done.

Fry

Twitter will be weird after this. Normally the conversion is led by legions of blue tick media types with vague bios who'll presumably all be out of their non-jobs after the big recession hits.

Head Gardener

People in South Africa can see the mothership for the first time in years as the lock down eases air pollution

Sebastian Cobb

Cloud

People will finally be in a habit of washing their hands

We might learn to treat other illnesses like the flu and harsh colds with a bit more respect rather than crawling into work and spreading it around

Other than that, not a lot I fear.  If most employers are like mine they'll be itching to get us back in the office for supervision rather than having to sift through daily "this is what I've achieved today" emails.

buttgammon

Already resigned to the fact that my hopes for wholesale economic change are going to be thwarted. As ever, reports of the death of capitalism have been exaggerated. Stuff like this is making me suspicious of how the aftermath is going to be weaponised:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/euro-finance-ministers-agree-500bn-package-to-address-pandemic-fallout-1.4225472

QuoteThe Hague also insisted that loans from the bailout funds not used for health costs should not be unconditional, and that there should be incentives for weaker economies to reform their finances – unacceptable to Italy.

Both Italy and the Netherlands claimed victory after the compromise. Italy claimed eurobonds were still on the table and that ESM loans would be unconditional. Meanwhile, Dutch finance minister Wopke Hoekstra said ESM loans for non-medical costs would come "with conditions".

It doesn't take much imagination to figure out what 'reform' and 'conditions' mean here.