Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:45:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Takeaways

Started by Icehaven, April 04, 2020, 10:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

He'd keep bouncing off on his retractible legs, probably rip your cock off

ollyboro

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 04, 2020, 11:57:02 PM
can't imagine anything shiter than a takeway maybe a handjob from ram man

On average I have between one to three handjobs a week; two to six a fortnight. Say, I dunno, seven or eight to twenty two to twenty eight a month. Something like ninety to three hundred and fiftyish a year. Not had one for weeks. I'm out of napkins

Cloud

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 04, 2020, 10:50:11 PM
minimal risk to eater or staff?

In context, eater, but curious how it's a risk to the staff to send things via delivery and leave it on the doorstep

Twit 2

Dewt

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2020, 08:04:41 PM
I bought some msg to up my chinese chicken curry game.
That's the spirit!

flotemysost

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2020, 08:04:41 PM
I bought some msg to up my chinese chicken curry game.

I've ordered some of those frozen baby mice you get in pet stores, in order to authentically recreate a fried chicken burger from my local.

Jasha

Took a stroll for meat and chips last night, if the 'vid can survive on week old salad then it's every right to bump me off

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dewt on April 05, 2020, 07:11:30 AM
That's the spirit!

Also bought a contraption for making crisps in a microwave so can have wonderful flavours like 'msg and onion powder'.

I've asked the takeaway man to leave the takeaway outside my door, but their policy is to push the food through my letterbox one item at a time.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 05, 2020, 12:07:13 PM
Also bought a contraption for making crisps in a microwave so can have wonderful flavours like 'msg and onion powder'.

Is it one of these silicon tray jobs? Someone got us one a while back, they are surprisingly good

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 05, 2020, 01:46:23 PM
Is it one of these silicon tray jobs? Someone got us one a while back, they are surprisingly good

Yeah, just a plastic rack and a little mandolin.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 05, 2020, 01:46:58 PM
Yeah, just a plastic rack and a little mandolin.

I was impressed at how actually like crisps they come out, though you can only make about 6 at a time.

sirhenry

Captain Crunch

If you look up 'fakeaways' you can find recipes for stuff like spiced chicken and how to put a burger and a fried egg in an English muffin.  Or you could go all out wartime:

https://the1940sexperiment.com/100-wartime-recipes/?fbclid=IwAR0MkRQFiMWSYw2cZtRArInDiZKHsfM_k-JjQ6S0uDf8Qha1NbEt_U5y5WE

(There's not much rat in it).

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Captain Crunch on April 06, 2020, 10:44:59 AM
If you look up 'fakeaways' you can find recipes for stuff like spiced chicken and how to put a burger and a fried egg in an English muffin.  Or you could go all out wartime:

https://the1940sexperiment.com/100-wartime-recipes/?fbclid=IwAR0MkRQFiMWSYw2cZtRArInDiZKHsfM_k-JjQ6S0uDf8Qha1NbEt_U5y5WE

(There's not much rat in it).

Fuck I'd rather eat rat than make pastry 4 parts flour to 1 of margarine. (But it's worth it checking out recipes for takeaway-style curry because they seem to do it completely different to the authentic Indian curries you get in reputable recipe sites.)

El Unicornio, mang

I've tried a few British curry house recipes but this is the best one I've found. This is just the base gravy (you'll end up with enough for a few tupperware containers worth to freeze for future use) but he also has a load of specific recipes like bhuna, madras, etc using the base sauce + additional ingredients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbW2NyoXVts&t=347s

The ingredients/directions are in the vid description also

Ferris

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 06, 2020, 07:30:46 PM
I've tried a few British curry house recipes but this is the best one I've found. This is just the base gravy (you'll end up with enough for a few tupperware containers worth to freeze for future use) but he also has a load of specific recipes like bhuna, madras, etc using the base sauce + additional ingredients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbW2NyoXVts&t=347s

The ingredients/directions are in the vid description also

The base sauce really is a game changer. I use the below one, and try to keep a decent supply in the freezer at all times.

https://wearenotfoodies.com/the-secret-to-making-restaurant-style-curry-at-home/

Twit 2

To simplify further, I reckon it's puréed cooked onions and the use of fenugreek which are your key BIR flavours, so including those elements without following the base gravy dogma is worth experimenting with.

Cold Meat Platter

Also: cook a few rounds of pakora/onion bhajis and use the  deep frying oil to start your currys.

Onion Bhajis/Pakora:

2 decent size onions (sliced)/ onions and small cubes of potato or bits of other veg to similar weight if veg pakora
100g gram flour
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
chopped chilis to taste

Mix all up in a bowl and leave for half an hour til the water leaches out of the onions.
make golf ball sized balls and deep fry at a low heat (140c ish) for 3-4 minutes then remove. Turn heat up (160) and fry again until done. Prob another 3-4 mins.

Do multiple times with same oil and use the spiced oil to start currys.

Dewt

Do bhajis freeze well? Thinking about heating 'em up in the old air fryer

Cold Meat Platter

Never tried. Don't see why not though.

king_tubby

Quote from: sirhenry on April 04, 2020, 04:18:03 PM
Thought about having a Chinese last night but on JustEat there are only 5 left in Leeds, with another 27 closed for the duration, if not forever. The 5 left are so expensive that we gave up on the idea, but not until we had a chance to drool over the idea of Fragrant Stir-fried Pork Intestines, Szechuan style.

I'm assuming we're having a generous serving of leftover stir-fried racism with our pandemic.

If you find a good one can you let me know cos I've not found one in 20+ years of living here.

timebug

My young cousin whose daughters are both nurses, is paranoid about disinfecting everything,wiping down the dog, her husband, the family car etc, yet she still orders takeaway crap a few times a week. Food cooked (and touched) by who knows who/what
and then handled and packed/delivered by same. No accounting for logic sometimes....

DrGreggles

I've been on a diet for the past 10 weeks, but I still allow myself a monthly takeaway treat.
And that monthly treat will be this coming weekend, where I'll be thinking "this is good for the local economy" as I repeatedly shovel greasy meat into my fat face.

Sebastian Cobb

I had a go at making my own breaded chicken burgers and fuck me it's easy, why haven't I done this before?

Dewt

Mate. Get on the "we run takeaways and now we're telling you all of our secrets on YouTube" circuit.

Sebastian Cobb

Really the most difficult part is working out what to do with this pint of oil I used to shallow fry it.

Twit 2

Put it through a fine sieve and re-use it, foo'.

DID YOU USE PANKO BREADCRUMBS?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 08, 2020, 11:22:37 PM
Really the most difficult part is working out what to do with this pint of oil I used to shallow fry it.

In Boro it's called 'a wet glass'. GBH with minor burns.